IGNORED

Retro Gamer Issue 232 - Feeling the rubber love

Issue 232 is arriving for subscribers now and out in the shops on Thursday. This is the subscriber cover, the newsstand cover will have a Speccy on it.

Cover: 40 Years of the ZX Spectrum
Inside The Egret II Mini
Studio Profile Capstone
Evolution of Ecco The Dolphin
Making of The Terminator
Ultimate Guide SNK vs Capcom
Making of Shogun Total War
The Restoration Masters
Making of Simpsons Hit and Run
Plus all the usual including reviews, letters, columns and homebrew.

20220411_193452.jpg

13 hours ago, jdanddiet said:

Making of The Terminator

Which Terminator game is it? Hopefully the Megadrive one, I had a quick go on that recently, and I'd be interested to hear the story behind it - it feels like it was developed in great haste.

29 minutes ago, K said:

Which Terminator game is it? Hopefully the Megadrive one, I had a quick go on that recently, and I'd be interested to hear the story behind it - it feels like it was developed in great haste.

It is indeed that game. Always felt like a great first level and then nothing to follow. Haven't read the article yet - should be interesting.

38 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

If they wanted that cover to be accurate there should be colour clash all over the place. C64 > Spectrum*

*I'm only joking**

**I'm not joking. 

Actually with a black border around sprites (as in the picture) clash could be avoided! 

11 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

It is indeed that game. Always felt like a great first level and then nothing to follow. Haven't read the article yet - should be interesting.

The first level was the best, and even that one wasn't too great - the core game design principle seems to be to have the player go all the way from the left of the level to the right, go down a ladder, then go all the way to the left of the level, then go down a ladder, go all the way to the right, etc etc.

It was a pretty perfunctory game, but the music was admittedly absolutely brilliant.

1 hour ago, K said:

The first level was the best, and even that one wasn't too great - the core game design principle seems to be to have the player go all the way from the left of the level to the right, go down a ladder, then go all the way to the left of the level, then go down a ladder, go all the way to the right, etc etc.

It was a pretty perfunctory game, but the music was admittedly absolutely brilliant.

I like it but it pales in comparison to the Mega CD game

4 minutes ago, jdanddiet said:

I wrote a feature on Deathchase for issue 100 and something and called it just Deathchase.

Editorial standards slipped since then ;)

6 hours ago, deKay said:

FINALLY they get Deathchase’s name right.

2 hours ago, deKay said:

Editorial standards slipped since then ;)

We're just calling it Deathchase from now on. Seems a lot of effort to just wind one person up 😘

11 hours ago, K said:

I love that game, all 12 minutes of it. I had it as a kid, but the fight against the Terminator on stage 3 used to stress me right out so I hardly played it. It still gets my heart racing now 😂