IGNORED

Streets of Rage

JohnC

23 hours ago, Gambit said:

Yuzo Koshiro soundtrack please!

There is absolutely no point in this if they don’t have the music. Preferably also in an off-key PAL alternate mix.

What do they even get with the rights to Streets of Rage? You've basically bought the concept of walking down a road occasionally punching people.

Just put on any grubby old 80s action VHS and play The Shamen at the same time and you've made your own Streets of Rage film. Congrats.

I'd say that Streets of Fire would make a good underlay for the Streets of Rage soundtrack in that case (not just because the names are so similar), except for the fact that SoF's own soundtrack is a key factor in its enjoyment.

I kind of want to play a scrolling beat em up based around Streets of Fire (and, obviously, its soundtrack) now.

I'm plotting a line from "The Raid, John Wick, etc." at one end and "Bulletproof Monk" at the other and factoring in "Sonic 2 is the biggest grossing video game adaptation of all time" and the results aren't great.

Not much you can really do with the story here, but a good cast, and decent set pieces could elevate an average premise into a solid blockbuster. For example Idris Elba, Chris Evans and Gal Gadot as the three leads would guarantee decent box office.