IGNORED

Rllmuk Top 100 Games 2022 - Voting thread - (read the rules) - Voting closed (read the rules anyway)

Benny

How should games be scored?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I mean, my list is just Deus Ex (video game) and Rez (video game) alternating all the way down. Got to make sure the right games get their dues! 

1 hour ago, feltmonkey said:

Something that occurred to me earlier but I didn't mention it is that the level of automation @Benny seems to be using in compiling the votes might open the door for including the same game multiple times in a list.  An algorythm is probably not going to notice that I put Deus Ex at numbers 2, 7, 12, and 19 for example.  Did anyone else cheat like this?

I'm sure that would work if it didn't ignore duplicate names in every batch of 20.

2 hours ago, Benny said:

Sneaky. I may allow it.

I added them but half are invalid because of using colons in the numbering template, so those entries are of course wasted.

Wait, was 1 supposed to be the best game? It doesn't say that in the OG post, just list twenty games. If it is supposed to be in order, can I rejig mine as I did not realise.

29 minutes ago, squirtle said:

Edit: I completely missed the poll. Please let me rejig mine. PLEASE!!!! @Benny

Counterpoint: your top 7 looks perfectly fine as is:

16 hours ago, squirtle said:

1. Halo: Combat Evolved

2. Resident Evil 4

3. Metroid Prime

4. Bloodborne

5. Demon's Souls

6. Dark Souls

7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

8. Summer Games 2

9. The Eidolon

10. Green Beret

11. Paradroid

12. Metal Gear Solid

13. Mass Effect

14. Half Life 2

15. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

16. Resident Evil 2

17. Resident Evil Village

18. Super Mario Galaxy 2

19. Nintendoland

20. Bioshock

30 minutes ago, squirtle said:

Edit: I completely missed the poll. Please let me rejig mine. PLEASE!!!! @Benny

Edits are locked now I'm afraid. But edit if you like and link to it and I may look if I get time.

Edited order if you can fit it in. Also sneakily changed Bioshock to Bioshock 2... Sneaky.

1. Halo: Combat Evolved

2. Resident Evil 4

3. Metroid Prime

4. Bloodborne

5. Resident Evil 2

6. Half Life 2

7. Green Beret

8. Demon's Souls

9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

10. Mass Effect

11. Dark Souls

12. Summer Games 2

13. Metal Gear Solid

14. Resident Evil Village

15. The Eidolon

16. Paradroid

17. Super Mario Galaxy 2

18. Nintendoland

19. Bioshock 2

20. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

My general intention when I get to the list is, if I haven't played a game on it, and I can get access to it easily, and it's not weeb shite, I probably will.

1. Portal (video game)

2. Rock Band 3

3. Assetto Corsa

4. Advance Wars

5. Stardew Valley

6. Titanfall 2

7.  Resident Evil 4

8. Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe

9. Soulcalibur

10. Rez (video game)

11. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

12. Dark Souls

13. Pro Evolution Soccer

14. Red Dead Redemption 2

15. Street Fighter II

16. Deus Ex (video game)

17. Super Monkey Ball (video game)

18. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

19. Burnout 2

20. Halo: Combat Evolved

Sorry, too late. I've already extracted the sorted list text and done other stuff with it which I'd have to redo. The price of humour I guess. :P

For those that like making lists of stuff and enjoy TV shows maybe this thread here would be of interest:

Don't worry, I'm not as strict as Benny and his rules. ;)

31 minutes ago, Azrael said:

For those that like making lists of stuff and enjoy TV shows maybe this thread here would be of interest:

Don't worry, I'm not as strict as Benny and his rules. ;)

Good luck!

30 minutes ago, Benny said:

Hence why it closed at midnight on the 20th. I gave everyone two weeks after all!

Anyone who considers "midnight on the 20th" to be 12:00am on the 20th is clearly unfit for any kind of organisational task. STEP DOWN BENNY.

5 minutes ago, imp said:

Anyone who considers "midnight on the 20th" to be 12:00am on the 20th is clearly unfit for any kind of organisational task. STEP DOWN BENNY.

It actually closed just after 12:00am plus a few seconds on the 20th as the post went through as the clock rolled around.

28 minutes ago, imp said:

Anyone who considers "midnight on the 20th" to not be 0:00 on the 20th is clearly unfit to be trusted with deadlines.

11 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Anyone who considers "midnight on the 20th" to not be 0:00 on the 20th is clearly unfit to be trusted with deadlines.

I would agree with you if in practice I had even once received a deadline to the effect of what you write in my entire life. 

Alas that I have to handle regulatory returns, which are almost always centred on midnight deadlines.

(we also have a regulator who like to take down their submission portal for maintenance along date ranges such as "Midnight Friday to 08:00 am Monday", which does not mean you can use it on the Friday)

1 minute ago, Wiper said:

Alas that I have to handle regulatory returns, which are almost always centred on midnight deadlines.

(we also have a regulator who like to take down their submission portal for maintenance along date ranges such as "Midnight Friday to 08:00 am Monday", which does not mean you can use it on the Friday)

I sympathise, but I think we can all agree saying a deadline is the 20th and effectively closing off submissions on the 19th is the act of a sick, sick man.

Indeed. Which is why I closed off submissions on the 20th, and not before.

Which I also updated the thread to say exactly when.

And in the rules.

And gave a few more hours leeway.

Which I think gave people plenty of chances to submit if they cared about their votes that much. 

Spoiler

:P