IGNORED

Rllmuk Top 100 Games 2022 - Voting thread - (read the rules) - Voting closed (read the rules anyway)

Benny

How should games be scored?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. Advance Wars

2. GoldenEye 007 (1997 video game)

3. Star Wars (1983 video game)

4. Final fantasy XII

5. Resident Evil 4

6. Soulcalibur

7. Mass Effect 2

8. The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

9. Wipeout HD

10. Ghouls ’n Ghosts

11. Super Mario Galaxy

12. Doom Eternal

13. Uncharted 2

14. Halo: Reach

15. The Last of Us Part II

16. Gridrunner

17. Horizon Zero Dawn

18. Rez (video game)

19. Battlezone (1998)

20. Warlords (1980 video game)

So I’ve put Gridrunner on the list. The version that’s by far my favourite is the iPad version, now obliterated from existence. The Wikipedia entry just has one entry covering every version. Can I put iOS in brackets or will that cancel out the entry?

Also, when I put Wipeout HD I obviously mean Wipeout Omega VR. In VR it’s about as similar to Wipeout HD or Wipeout 2048 as Ant Attack is to Horizon Zero Dawn. A different gaming experience entirely.

Just put the entry that covers the original version if that's on Wikipedia, as per the rules. Every entry should be pasted from the original Wikipedia title. "Resi 4" is invalid. "Advance wars" is invalid.

Always paste from the Wikipedia entry or the vote will be wasted. @womblingfree

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

2. Pikmin 3

3. Resident Evil 4

4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

5. We Love Katamari

6. Ōkami

7. Dungeon Keeper

8. Super Metroid

9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

10. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

11. Outer Wilds

12. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

13. Subnautica

14. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames!

15. Jet Set Radio

16. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

17. Halo: Reach

18. Skies of Arcadia

19. Resident Evil 2 (2019 video game)

20. Final Fantasy VII

Okay I've been quite lenient so far, as I've fixed a few entries as I went that were not correct, but I'm not going to do that any more and will just be pasting them when they are posted. If they are incorrect when I do that the vote is wasted I'm afraid, I've given enough warning.

I had to edit at least half a dozen of womblingfree's entries alone. It looks like some are pasted from Wikipedia, but most of them aren't, as there are no entries on Wikipedia that say "Rez (videogame)" for example with the space removed from "video game", so that means it's just been typed to try to match other entries but not pasted from Wikipedia directly. "The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt" includes a subtitle as though trying to be specific, but it's actually specifically "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" on Wikipedia, so that looks like it was just guessing at the name to be specific.

So anyway, again, when you post an entry: paste the game names from their specific Wikipedia entry

While I'm allowing edits later, what I meant by that was you can update which games are in your list - it's not for updating after posting them incorrectly, as it just messes up the data and I'd have to enter them all over again. So, anyway, final warning over, happy voting. :)

Yeah, for clarity, there are sometimes games where the first in the series is the same name as the series itself. Hence the individual game's entry on Wikipedia is the one to use.

And I changed Goldeneye to "GoldenEye 007 (1997 video game)" as otherwise it would still have been invalid ;)

Last time I'm doing that though!

:quote:

Essentially, I currently have the spreadsheet up to date, so I add the new entries as they come when I get a free moment, so it will rely on them being correct now whenever I cast my roving eye over the thread to grab them.

It's actually been very quiet in here now since the thread started so I'm considering bringing the deadline forward a week. If there aren't any more votes in the next few days I probably will.

• Benny changed the title to Rllmuk Top 100 Games 2022 - Voting thread - (read the rules!) - deadline brought forward: 20th of May

As there have not been any new votes or updates in a few days, I am bringing the deadline forward to 20th of May

Also partly because I'm recovering from a hand injury so if it's quiet anyway I'd like to wrap up the collation early.

I’ve been full on musing this like an academic trying to cure a disease.  Think I’ve got it down to 25. 

I’ll be bringing my one-true-list forward for you all asap. 

1. Viewtiful Joe

2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

3. Resident Evil 4

4. Killer7

5. Valkyria Chronicles (video game)

6. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

7. Metroid Prime

8. The Last Of Us Part II

9. Bayonetta

10. Returnal

11. Rez (video game)

12. Ikaruga

13. Ōkami

14. Shadow of the Colossus

15. No Man’s Sky

16. Horizon Zero Dawn

17. Ghost of Tsushima

18. Cyberpunk 2077

19. Left 4 Dead

20. Portal 2

I won't amend my list as I care for Benny's hand and sanity. I just wanted to say that I omitted RE4 from my list, as I never finished it, always get too scared or stuck. But I'm blasting through it on PAL Wii right now (easy mode and pointer controls) and it's still so good, I can't believe this was a Gamecube game. Can I just shock you? I like Resident Evil 4. I hope someone else remembered to vote for it. Hate for it to get overlooked again.

Am I being stupid or is there no difference between the two scoring methods?

Version 2 just adds an arbitrary 19 points to every vote, so it doesn’t matter…

Am I getting wooshed?  

The scoring method is already decided. It will be the second. They are quite different, it means two last place votes are worth a first place vote. In the first method a first place is worth 20 times a last place.

It favours vote quantity.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

2. The Last of Us

3. OutRun 2

4. Resident Evil 4

5. Hitman (2016 video game)

6. The Secret of Monkey Island

7. Return of the Obra Dinn

8. Red Dead Redemption 2

9. XCOM 2

10. Mass Effect 2

11. Super Mario Odyssey

12. Portal 2

13. Sensible World of Soccer

14. The Beatles: Rock Band

15. Dark Souls

16. Batman: Arkham City

17. Alien: Isolation

18. The Last Guardian

19. The Witness (2016 video game)

20. Mario Kart 8

Interesting note for fans of a certain game: if they hadn't fucked up their entries it would be hitting the top 100. But because those votes didn't follow the guidelines it will miss the list. Whoops!

You've been naughty!

By the way, if anyone is worried they voted for some obscure crap that only they voted for and think it was a wasted vote, don't worry, I have plans for some of you.

I think most of my votes are wasted votes tbh, and if it would make any difference I would swap out Bubble Bobble for Lumines. It won’t change any results, and it is a complicated affair to change a recorded vote, so meh. Nobody cares what I specifically voted for except myself.

• Benny changed the title to Rllmuk Top 100 Games 2022 - Voting thread - (read the rules) - Voting closed (read the rules anyway)
  • BadgerFarmer unpinned this topic