IGNORED

Outer Range - Amazon Prime

Is there a thread? I couldn’t find one. Anyway, wasn’t sure about this at first but then it got nicely batshit. How many episodes in the first season? Because episode eight felt like a finale. For me, the standout is Imogen Poots. And not just because I fancy her.

Recommended.

I was starting to lose enthusiasm for the series by episode 6, but the last 2 pulled me right back in! The CGI is weirdly shite considering how great some of the cinematography is. Hopefully they fix that next season. Hopefully there will be a next season.

Loved it. As good as Imogen Poots is (and I really ended up despising Autumn) Lily Taylor is the MVP. Watching her slowly lose her faith is equal parts heartbreaking and mesmerising. I've also been a fan of Tom Pelphrey since Bansee.

I'll riot if there isn't a second season.

I just started watching this last night after seeing it recommended by Amazon (perhaps unsurprisingly). Brolin makes for a fantastic aged cowboy, the Wyoming vistas are incredible, there is a great oddness going on and I like it so far so shall push on. It's slow watching but very intriguing (2 episodes in)...

Went to shit hard from the halfway point. Devolved from something interesting and quirky into a tedious family psychodrama with a lethal dose of utterly incoherent mystery-box bollocks.

Late ‘plot’ developments were horribly obvious from early doors.

Really hope they leave it there. Waste of Brolin’s talent.

Started off interesting then just got far too weird for me, with the good parts being overshadowed by the jarring/annoying bullshit like the singing dude. I know it's meant to be odd but so many of the characters just make no sense. 

I liked this a lot, even when it went all a bit Robert Eggers. It’s quite dour, despite the surrealist humour, but Josh Brolin is just fantastic - everyone is, to be fair. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone explain to me why grandma tried to give herself tetanus with a puncture wound from a dead bear’s tooth?

Best I could come up with was she was testing her faith, to see if she’d get sick and die - but that’s stupid.

I was a bit disappointed with the way it didn’t actually end at the end - going in I thought it was going to be a self contained story, not something that would be strung out for multiple seasons. It doesn’t seem to lend itself to going on indefinitely.

9 hours ago, Darwock said:

Can anyone explain to me why grandma tried to give herself tetanus with a puncture wound from a dead bear’s tooth?

Best I could come up with was she was testing her faith, to see if she’d get sick and die - but that’s stupid.

Trying to get punished by God. She was at the Bible club or whatever it was where the story came up about the people being killed by bears as a punishment from god, so when she saw the dead sub she saw it as a sign for her wavering faith. Only problem being dead she had to 'improvise'. Then when momma bear came she killed it which proved to herself she'd lost her faith.