IGNORED

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law series coming to Disney + 17th August

They were still tweaking Wandavision's CG after it initially aired, so I'd expect improvements by August. I wasn't really bothered by it in that trailer though.

Some of that CG looks very much like it's first pass proof of concept kinda stuff. Some of it is nearly Ang Lee Hulk-ish.

If it releases like that, this is dead in the water. It won't, thankfully, but the CG team is going to be working until it each episode goes live you'd think.

It looks great to me, but then it is clearly based on Dan Slott’s run on the character which is probably one of my favourite Marvel comics.

I still hate the MCU depiction of the Hulk though, he hasn’t been right since the first Avengers film.

11 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

It looks great to me, but then it is clearly based on Dan Slott’s run on the character which is probably one of my favourite Marvel comics.

I still hate the MCU depiction of the Hulk though, he hasn’t been right since the first Avengers film.

I’m with you, it looks great, and yes, the Slott She Hulk run is a cracking read 

I quite like the idea of her trying to balance her normal and superhero life but the opposite way to all other super heroes. Whereas they get powers and then struggle to be normal whilst being super, I’d like to see her struggle to be super whilst being normal. It looks like it might go that way, at least at first, and that might be a laugh. 

57 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Good to see the special effects team at the CW managed to get work again after all their shows were cancelled. Oof.

What’s the CW?

31 minutes ago, JPL said:

What’s the CW?

The American channel that aired The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow etc.

This looks like it could be fun.

Though yeah, some of that CG (and especially the shot in the thumbnail), ooof, I 100% thought it was an animated show initially.

They say the eyes are the window to the soul and that is often why CGI people fail - the uncanny valley effect - and it was particularly obvious in the bit where she's talking to the guy on the date and it's flicking back and forth between close ups of her face and of his and, as technically impressive and well animated as her facial expression might be, she is dead behind the eyes.

Yikes. I feel like it’s better not to release a trailer at all when the CGI is at that stage, but as demonstrated by the replies here it’s obviously a YMMV situation. Other than that, looks quirky and interesting so hope they can polish things up in time. 

Someone I know says the vfx companies are swamped post covid and lots of stuff, including Moon Knight and She-Hulk, just haven't had enough passes as films are prioritised.

6 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Please be very funny, there's a reason why people love She-Hulk.

Maslany is funny, full-package actor, so that bodes well as long as the dialogue is good.

Just now, Festoon said:

Maslany is funny, full-package actor, so that bodes well as long as the dialogue is good.

I know she's good, I'm more worried about the script.

18 minutes ago, yakumo said:

I know she's good, I'm more worried about the script.

Weirdly, I'm more worried about the edit. I felt the shots/scenes in Hawkeye ran too long for the gag rate. Filling time?

20 hours ago, Festoon said:

Weirdly, I'm more worried about the edit. I felt the shots/scenes in Hawkeye ran too long for the gag rate. Filling time?

Ha, the only thing I wanted was more of was Yelena and Kate.

Trying to out aside the CGI - which I thought looked genuinely bad - what is the premise of this show? As in, how is she getting her powers (and why?) We see Brulk (Bruce + Hulk, see? :P) putting her in a chamber, so is the suggestion it is a latent gene or something?

The idea she would volunteer for it if that isn't the case seems a bit weird? 

(I know nothing of comics nor the character, as you can tell.)

Also, this:

10 hours ago, SaintAnselm said:

He's been progressively less interesting (as both Bruce & Hulk) in each appearance since Ultron (I'm perhaps being generous there.) I don't think they know to do with him, and even if they did have the rights to make their own film at some point I still think they would struggle.