She-Hulk: Attorney at Law series coming to Disney + 17th August

20 hours ago, Festoon said:

Apparently Megan Thee Stallion will be in this.

Cue one billion angry white bloke videos.

Why will white blokes get angry over her? I don't know much about her, but she doesn't seem much different than any other pop star these days.

2 minutes ago, JPL said:

Why will white blokes get angry over her? I don't know much about her, but she doesn't seem much different than any other pop star these days.

She's a) a woman, b) not white and c) going to be in a program that already has too many women (and some other not white ones too, the horror!) 

Of course it will cause further anger and bile, do you not know how any of this works?

13 minutes ago, Gabe said:

She's a) a woman, b) not white and c) going to be in a program that already has too many women (and some other not white ones too, the horror!) 

Of course it will cause further anger and bile, do you not know how any of this works?

And she THINKS she can RAP.

58 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Gladly I don't really know how it works. I stay away from those dark corners of the internet (twitter), so I'm always surprised/confused to hear there are people like that.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Gladly I don't really know how it works. I stay away from those dark corners of the internet (twitter), so I'm always surprised/confused to hear there are people like that.

I've never been on twitter in my life, but this stuff isn't just in the 'dark corners of the internet' (and as if twitter is a dark corner, wtf?), and I refuse to believe you are that ignorant to have not heard about all the awful stuff that gets posted on any form of social media, be it twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc of famous (and ordinary!) women. 

You've posted in the Obi-Wan thread, right? So you must have read about the abuse that Moses Ingram got? Yet you don't know how this works, seriously?

I wish I could live in such a bubble.

I don't know much about Megan Thee Stallion aside from she's not actually a horse, but is one of the women who appears nearly (or really) nude in their music videos and can clap with their arse cheeks.

But I'll wait until she actually appears on screen before deciding if she was worth adding to the cast.

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

I've never been on twitter in my life, but this stuff isn't just in the 'dark corners of the internet' (and as if twitter is a dark corner, wtf?), and I refuse to believe you are that ignorant to have not heard about all the awful stuff that gets posted on any form of social media, be it twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc of famous (and ordinary!) women. 

You've posted in the Obi-Wan thread, right? So you must have read about the abuse that Moses Ingram got? Yet you don't know how this works, seriously?

I wish I could live in such a bubble.

Of course I know of the abuse people get, I just can't get my head around it. I find it completely alien. I just wondered why Festoon seemed to think Megan was going to get a rough time for appearing in this, as opposed to any of the other female actors. I wondered if there was something specific about her that would make people react.

I do wonder why people are like that, as I can honestly say I've never encountered it in real life. Has it always been around or is it a new thing? It's so weird.

And yeah I do consider Twitter to be a cess pit, along with most other social media.

23 minutes ago, deKay said:

I don't know much about Megan Thee Stallion aside from she's not actually a horse, but is one of the women who appears nearly (or really) nude in their music videos and can clap with their arse cheeks.

Can't wait for the callback to the thunderclap scene from the first episode.

25 minutes ago, JPL said:

Has it always been around or is it a new thing? It's so weird.

Are you really asking if racism and misogyny have always been around?

22 minutes ago, JPL said:

Of course I know of the abuse people get, I just can't get my head around it. I find it completely alien. I just wondered why Festoon seemed to think Megan was going to get a rough time for appearing in this, as opposed to any of the other female actors. I wondered if there was something specific about her that would make people react.

I do wonder why people are like that, as I can honestly say I've never encountered it in real life. Has it always been around or is it a new thing? It's so weird.

And yeah I do consider Twitter to be a cess pit, along with most other social media.

Megan thee stallion is a PoC so that will give her +1 for hate for the angry man children and she is a rapper so that will be another +1.

I guess it's a "new thing" as previously film and TV catered more obvious towards the straight white male with women and minority groups safely in their roles as love interests, criminals/judges or sassy best friends.

As more shows have been created that have allowed them to be leads or focus on thier stories there probably has been an increase in idiots complaining.

3 minutes ago, deKay said:

Are you really asking if racism and misogyny have always been around?

Well, when you put it like that. I suppose social media has given people anonymity to hide behind. Cowards.

I really don't get the rationale behind racism and misogyny though. Like I said in my last post, it's really alien to me.

On 30/08/2022 at 16:40, JPL said:

Well, when you put it like that. I suppose social media has given people anonymity to hide behind. Cowards.

I really don't get the rationale behind racism and misogyny though. Like I said in my last post, it's really alien to me.

It's moved from anonymity as grifting cretins now monetise their 'views' on Twitch/YouTube and want to be known. Watch Louis Theroux's recent doc on this World of alt right scumbags. They make serious money being pricks. 

It's got the pace of an adult animation show.

I can see how the humour will not be everyone's bag. And the CGI is certainly dodgy sometimes. But I love it! Feels like Marvel taking the piss out of itself so blatantly is a bit overdue.