She-Hulk: Attorney at Law series coming to Disney + 17th August

4 hours ago, NickC said:
  Hide contents

Wrecking Crrreeeeew! :lol:

Came here for this! Was the best surprise of the episode for me 

Spoiler

Loved that their only purpose was to get their arses handed to them too - classic wrecking crew  :lol:

Coming in to say the same thing. This show is really great and the big FU it's giving to the misogynistic incels is delicious.

I've enjoyed all the TV so far bar F&WS and that's the closest to the usual film formula too which is quite telling.

On 30/08/2022 at 07:47, Mr. Gerbik said:

I've never heard of her and had to Google. I'm old!

Throughout the episode I assumed Megan Thee Stallion was some obscure Marvel comic book character and wasn't until the end credits that realised she's an actual real life famous-y person. 

Good episode again. 

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

Coming to same thing. This show is really great and the big FU it's giving to the misogynistic incels is delicious.

I've enjoyed all the TV so far bar F&WS and that's the closest to the usual film formula too which is quite telling.

I mean that's very well done. Especially the internet clips in the latest episode prompting the shit they are getting almost word for word.

But at the same time in  episode 3:

Spoiler

Is literally about a woman scamming an awful man, is still wrong.  No matter how awful they are.

Whilst having a fantastic, non-toxic male cast member.

I liked that about the secondary case:

Spoiler

That the slimy DA actually did win. Of course he's shown to be a complete prick in the process, but he was grifted. It would have been a crowd-pleaser to have the Asgardian shape-shifting elf triumph but what they did with it was more surprising and satisfying.

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

Throughout the episode I assumed Megan Thee Stallion was some obscure Marvel comic book character and wasn't until the end credits that realised she's an actual real life famous-y person. 

Good episode again. 

@ZOK might get quite upset with you for that :)

I haven't had any issues with the previous two episodes, but in this one, She-Hulk never seemed part of the scene. It all just seemed... I don't know how to describe it. Floaty when she moved, like she didn't have the 'correct' weight.

Or! You know when you watch the old He-Man series, and the animation of the characters doesn't match the movement of the background? Like that (only way more subtle!).

And her changes of expression were too slow and broad. Or something. If just felt off somehow.

I was probably just in a picky mood. Still loved the episode!

I've been tempted to go shit on the quality of the FX in the house of the dragons thread tbh. Cos there have been some very poor examples in that show too. 

This has less budget (I expect) and clearly needs more post time included in the budget.  Think the same for most VFX lately. 

Anyway the FX are fine as are the ones in HOTD. 

13 hours ago, Scribblor said:

I haven't had any issues with the previous two episodes, but in this one, She-Hulk never seemed part of the scene. It all just seemed... I don't know how to describe it. Floaty when she moved, like she didn't have the 'correct' weight.

Or! You know when you watch the old He-Man series, and the animation of the characters doesn't match the movement of the background? Like that (only way more subtle!).

And her changes of expression were too slow and broad. Or something. If just felt off somehow.

I was probably just in a picky mood. Still loved the episode!

Weirdly, I felt like this in the previous two episodes, and less annoyed about it in this one. I figured I'd gotten used to it or that it even improved a bit!

20 hours ago, Scribblor said:

I really enjoyed the episode, as I have with the previous two, but the CGI really bugged me in this one, in a way it hasn't before. Is it getting worse, or am I just being more picky?

I'm with the others in that I never really even think about it. Closest I got this episode was when she first walks into office suited up, and I had to stop to wonder if the whole character was cg'd or if the suit itself was an actual physical outfit from the costume department that someone had worn and then been 'scaled up' - probably easier to do the former tbh. Even then I only wondered from a 'how does she fit in that' perspective - she seemed a lot more ripped in the ep1 banner island training montage, but I suppose bruce hulk varies in size too but she can probably control it better. *shrug*

16 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

I think I'm going to watch the first three episodes again. I've never rewatched any of the MCU shows so far but the wait between episodes on this one is killing me every week.

This, and if they cant budget live action I actually think it'd work fairly well in an animated format too, though it'd be a shame to lose the nuance of maslanys acting but it'd make guest casting easier.

I enjoyed this episode more than the first two: it's definitely found its groove. And most importantly: it's actually doing the "Lawyer show!" that they jokingly promised and was a bit rich to not quite deliver on yet in the first two episodes.

It's going for the toxic man stuff dead on, and why not. It's probably an acquired taste to be this on the nose, but when real life is basically predicted by the show, because the real life reactions are even worse than even what they can come up with, it practically writes itself.

As for the CG: it's shite. But I don't really see much point in getting too hung up on it, as it is what it is, and the need to suspend viewer disbelief here doesn't really feel anywhere near as important as in a big cinema release. They could just do the whole show with Thunderbirds puppets and it would probably work for what it does.

Anyway, reasonably whelmed by it now.

But I have no fucking idea who

Spoiler

Megan Thee Stallion is, and nor do I care, and so that entire joke fell flat whenever it came up. And then kept coming up. And then continued coming up in a post credits sequence that left me feeling as baffled and old as the old white lawyer guy was.

Spoiler

I don't think it matters specifically who the celebrity is, it's just the idea any A-lister would date that guy in the first place, plus his own vanity preventing him from realising the situation was ridiculous.