She-Hulk: Attorney at Law series coming to Disney + 17th August

Captain Kelsten

Yeah, I've not watched Sopranos (yet!) so the spoilers have no context and are meaningless to me. I've just finished the episode and can't remember them already.

But man, I love this show. For all my shitting on the MCU, this is just fantastic. If anyone told me that once Better Call Saul finished, a LotR show, and new game of thrones would launch, but your most enjoyed show would be about She-Hulk... I probably would have believed them... but that's beside the point.

4 hours ago, Dapple said:

Then I guess we just have to wait for the Sopranos to be spoiled a few hundred more times and it will be OK. 

The scenes in She-Hulk were funny because they were important spoilers. If they'd been for something more recent the annoyance would have been fair enough. But again, the Sopranos is 15 years old. If you've not watched it by now, what have you been watching? 

sorry i don't watch tv shows on dapple time, lets tell all the tv companies there's no point in selling or airing old shows cos everyone's seen them.

I only watched The Sopranos in full recently, but it's probably telling that the two spoilers are things that I already knew happened before I watched it. Unfortunately I remembered the names, given I'd watched the first season a while back, but got distracted and stopped there. It's just a bit difficult to have existed in this world, in this century, without someone eventually blurting these plot points out in your presence I think. Or saying something about how it ends.

Are people really upset at being spoiled a single episode of one of the later seasons of The Sopranos? I thought that was a joke. Like, so many of the criticisms of She Hulk are so ridiculous, I thought people were intentionally playing that game of tenous moaning.

I did pause with the Sopranos stuff and think ‘shit’ as I have it on my to-watch list, but I knew I would forget soon enough. Then I read this thread and someone posts up the names of the relevant characters so it’s etched into my brain now.

:picardfacepalm:

7 hours ago, Darwock said:

I did pause with the Sopranos stuff and think ‘shit’ as I have it on my to-watch list, but I knew I would forget soon enough. Then I read this thread and someone posts up the names of the relevant characters so it’s etched into my brain now.

:picardfacepalm:

Sorry Darwock. Too late now but I've edited them out. Go back and read it again so the alternate names embed themselves.

I'd be annoyed if I'd never seen the Sopranos tbh but I'm also really funny with spoilers. I don't want to know anything from stuff I've not read/watched/played etc.

I only ever saw Citizen Kane for the first time this year and I'd managed to avoid all spoilers for it until earlier this year when it was said on a podcast without warning. So the ending wasn't a shock or anything and fell really flat for me. I get that it's a very old film but it's just my personal taste, I want to go in blind on everything.

I'm so shit at remembering names that if I ever watch Sopranos it will be entirely spoiler free. I can only remember She-Hulk and Wong from this show, and now Madisynn because of that post above. I'll probably forget Madisynn as soon as I hit post. I think there's something wrong with my brain.

Caught up on this after not really liking the first episode. And to be honest, I still don't like it. I can barely remember anything about it after an episode's finished. They're like a sugar hit. I need something more. However, can't fault the wonderful Maslaney, she's clearly giving it her all. But for me, it's not working. I suppose it's short which means I didn't have to waste too much time.

Rewatching it with my wife now and I still love it. I think my only issue is wondering how they'd ever translate the energy and tone of this series into other MCU fare if She-Hulk is used elsewhere.

With that said, I hope Jen and Agatha Harkness cross paths at some point. I'd love to see Maslany playing the straight woman while Kathryn Hahn goes bananas.

32 minutes ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

I liked it, they keep finding silly legal / cultural ways to reference c-list superheroing.

Not sure if I missed something, but did they ever mention

Hide contents

the whole Titania smashing through a courtroom wall in ep1? 

Spoiler

They mention (last week) I think she was there for a parking ticket or something 

but the wall smash/fight doesn’t seem to have any repercussions 

12 minutes ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

Right, but no mention of how

Hide contents

smashing walls down is not typically a thing normie humans can do. She's just strong for some reason we arent aware of and noone in-show has particularly bothered to address.

She’s been referred to twice as a “super powered influencer” but no backstory on where her powers came from. I’m guessing we’re getting past the point where they’ll have time to give every powered character an explanation. 

Ahh right, I thought they'd mostly glossed over it but wasnt sure I hadnt forgotten/missed a bit.

Tbh in the context of this show at least I quite like the idea that actually in universe no-one really gives a shit about someones origin story.

The law are all 'irrelevant your honor, the defendant is here for tax evasion', and the general public are oversaturated with media content, as they like to lampoon regularly. Glossing over it totally works.

This week's episode was actually really boring.

Spoiler

Probably the first genuinely duff one. I wanted lots of courtroom drama/comedy for this series, but I guess be careful what you wish for if the writers can't write engaging courtroom drama/comedy.

Jokes didn't really land either.

BUT

Spoiler

I see what they're trying to do with the scene where a character asks if the guy would have dated her if she "presented as" someone different.

If they're trying to do some kind of Trans allegory with this though, it will be a difficult line to tread. Especially as that really doesn't work in that way, but the language used makes it sound like that's what they were trying to make the audience think about.