Jump to content

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law series coming to Disney + 17th August


Captain Kelsten
 Share

Recommended Posts

The vibe was very reminiscent of the first Flash/Supergirl crossover in the arrowverse.

 

Spoiler

Though they never hooked up, despite having more chemistry.

 

D435DA60-439C-4B8B-96F3-48EF196A36FF.gif.5be4585e994a65e5bdb44c79b877e43b.gif
 

Two DD appearances in the MCU. First time out he comes to Spider-man’s defence, second go round he fucks She-Hulk. The new show has to clear a high bar.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

I found the walk of shame really funny. It's a shame the next scene literally referenced it being a walk of shame immediately afterwards. It kind of undermines by pointing it out like it didn't have confidence in its own joke.

 

Something I've really liked about Lower Decks is it's been doing visual humour where it doesn't draw attention to it which leaves a lot more up to the audience which is so much more satisfying.

 

Anyway, I enjoyed the corridor fight reference for Daredevil, with of course She Hulk crashing the party, which I'm glad about as it's her bloody show!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes she's supposed to be a great lawyer too. But I imagine the first year your also dealing with becoming a hulk may impact your Lawyerly skills initially. 

 

See the last episode. 

 

Anyway loved it this week.  The walk of shame was delight but I do agree with @Benny they did not need to tell us about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

With the public "slut shaming" video thing the show is also broaching some pretty dark subject matter when it comes to revenge porn and stuff like that. I genuinely hope Jen gets to harness more of that rage without having to cut it short like at the end of this episode, as I don't think that subject matter can warrant breezy comedy fun to actually deal with it. The show is a bit weird tonally at times but if you have that kind of stuff the primal rage response seems appropriate.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought the end of this episode was pretty terrible. 
 

Spoiler

There’s been loads of fights and everyone just seems to take it in their stride* but she punches a big TV and everyone’s suddenly “she’s a monster!”
 

 

*Including Titania smashing up a court room and being found not guilty because the plot required it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Benny said:
  Hide contents

With the public "slut shaming" video thing the show is also broaching some pretty dark subject matter when it comes to revenge porn and stuff like that. I genuinely hope Jen gets to harness more of that rage without having to cut it short like at the end of this episode, as I don't think that subject matter can warrant breezy comedy fun to actually deal with it. The show is a bit weird tonally at times but if you have that kind of stuff the primal rage response seems appropriate.

 

 

It made me wince. Really horrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well that was great! :D

 

One question though:

 

Spoiler

I thought the Netflix Daredevil show had been kicked out of MCU canon, but I've read some conflicting reports on that now. Is this Matt Murdock the same character, or just the same actor?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After what I thought was a big dip with the wedding episode, the last two have been better. Possibly overdoing things a bit on the 4th wall breaks and it isn't as funny as it likes to think it is, but the short runtime does mean it never outstays its welcome.

 

As noted by others above, we aren't getting to see Jen as being particularly good at the law, but I suppose there isn't really much law stuff going on anyway. I'm also not sure that the show is doing much for empowering her, either;

Spoiler

at her job she kow-tows to an old white man, who only employed her on the basis of her appearance and how that image helps his firm; she gets all gooey over a man after sleeping with him and who suffers no repercussions for being a nasty piece of work - she is the only one who has to deal with the mental anguish of being ghosted; hell, even the last episode had her being (politely) spoken down to by Daredevil and first being told to stay in her place. Then, at the end, she is shown to lose her cool (women be crazy etc) and that is the focus of everybody around her, not the horrible misogynistic invasion of privacy she very publicly suffered.

 

As a thought for the final episode, I hope that isn't used as a way for Murdock to represent her in court.

 

It is still good to watch, but it is a bit odd tonally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I thought the end of this episode was pretty terrible. 
 

  Hide contents

There’s been loads of fights and everyone just seems to take it in their stride* but she punches a big TV and everyone’s suddenly “she’s a monster!”
 

 

*Including Titania smashing up a court room and being found not guilty because the plot required it.

 

 

Spoiler

Wouldn't you be slightly worried and scared if you saw a Hulk get angry? Remember these people have seen what a raging Hulk can do. So when she smashes the screen and it brings part of the ceiling down and then she smashes through the wall growling like that, you'd wanna get the fuck outta there.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Mogster said:

Well that was great! :D

 

One question though:

 

  Hide contents

I thought the Netflix Daredevil show had been kicked out of MCU canon, but I've read some conflicting reports on that now. Is this Matt Murdock the same character, or just the same actor?

 

 

Spoiler

We don’t know yet. They literally played the Netflix daredevil music during the conversation where Jen unmasked him.


So I guess the answer to your question is:


562C9720-DF5B-4F8F-86DB-691D0A69BAC8.gif.6cd762157310256e72ff492fcd3555b7.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mogster said:

Well that was great! :D

 

One question though:

 

  Hide contents

I thought the Netflix Daredevil show had been kicked out of MCU canon, but I've read some conflicting reports on that now. Is this Matt Murdock the same character, or just the same actor?

 


Feige has confirmed that it’s the same person and everything that happened in the Netflix show is cannon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Broker said:


Feige has confirmed that it’s the same person and everything that happened in the Netflix show is cannon.

Well that's interesting. I guess it's time I got around to season 3. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, footle said:

So I didn’t like

 

  Hide contents

Daredevils new costume. At all.

 


It’s actually 

 

Spoiler

his original costume comics-wise, but yes, a bit weird to go back to it when the red suit is already established from the Netflix show, and they haven’t rebooted the character. Maybe a reference to ‘Born Again’ being the title of the upcoming DD series ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jammy said:


It’s actually 

 

  Hide contents

his original costume comics-wise, but yes, a bit weird to go back to it when the red suit is already established from the Netflix show, and they haven’t rebooted the character. Maybe a reference to ‘Born Again’ being the title of the upcoming DD series ?

 

 

Spoiler

His red suit came from a different person and was destroyed which is why he went back to the all black ninja-esq look.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

 

  Hide contents

His red suit came from a different person and was destroyed which is why he went back to the all black ninja-esq look.

 


Oh for sure, but

 

Spoiler

he could have just had another red suit made.


It doesn’t matter, a great episode and loved the team-up :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This made me realize that it says a lot about the attitude of Americans towards sex that they even have "walk of shame" as a term. We don't have an equivalent in Dutch afaik and if anything I'd call it the 'happy walk' or something. What's shameful about it really. :)

 

 

 

Anyway, really enjoyed this episode. Really feels like the comic books come to life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

This made me realize that it says a lot about the attitude of Americans towards sex that they even have "walk of shame" as a term. We don't have an equivalent in Dutch afaik and if anything I'd call it the 'happy walk' or something. What's shameful about it really. :)

 

 

 

Anyway, really enjoyed this episode. Really feels like the comic books come to life.

Well the walk of shame term tends to be almost exclusively aimed at women, so on that basis you'll probably understand why it's an a good old god-fearing, puritan values Americanism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Well the walk of shame term tends to be almost exclusively aimed at women, so on that basis you'll probably understand why it's an a good old god-fearing, puritan values Americanism.

I honestly thought it was a general term but knowing that it's mostly aimed at women makes it even worse and even more American.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.