She-Hulk: Attorney at Law series coming to Disney + 17th August

Captain Kelsten

On 20/08/2022 at 20:41, Popo said:

I did comment to my husband about the diddies. And wondered if Banner also gets a trouser snake when he transforms, since that now seems to be a thing. 

Yes, the trouser snake was confirmed in Incredible Hulk issue 398 from 1992.

On 21/08/2022 at 00:45, Benny said:

A hundred basement dweller comments on IMDB hardly a controversy make. I generally hate articles like that just as much as the loathsome trolls because they only exist to whip people up on Twitter and farm clicks so that people can point and laugh at a few hundred incels. It's just pointless. The article tries to paint it as some sort of mass internet protest by men in their 30s, which is clearly quite far from the truth, and it seems to be reviewing quite well.

It's quite a lot of basement dwellers it seems...

image.thumb.png.d4d4c48a3832a04233c6c006e748a62d.png

It's fewer than the number of total users we have on this forum alone.

And it was only in the hundreds when that "article" about it was posted, which has probably done nothing more than draw attention to it for outrage clicks, which probably fed the trolls into contributing more negative ratings rather than achieve anything.

And the worst thing about the article was how it focussed on the "all men in their 30s", as if the most important aspect was the demographic, rather than the fact it was actually such a small number of troubled individuals. It paints the picture as if somehow the show is doing something so radical that it's definitely got all the cis boys all riled up.

What it actually tells you, is that we have a society that unfortunately creates some misguided thinking amongst a few radicalised groups on the internet, who need to lash out at things that they're afraid of. And all those kind of articles do is prove to them in their minds that they were right and it really was a witch hunt all along.

I know the world just kind of sucks in general, but I sit back in despair and think about the fact that any female-fronted high-profile movie or TV show in the 'Nerd Space' still has to ensure this kind of attack on its very existence. Even if it is a relatively small number of loudmouths it's still so fucking depressing.

12 minutes ago, Sabreman said:

I know the world just kind of sucks in general, but I sit back in despair and think about the fact that any female-fronted high-profile movie or TV show in the 'Nerd Space' still has to ensure this kind of attack on its very existence. Even if it is a relatively small number of loudmouths it's still so fucking depressing.

Yep. Every time there's a female fronted property. It's probably the same blokes too. And unfortunately I reckon it has an effect.

I should add I'm not in the least bit defending hateful internet trolls and the fact it always always happens every time there's a high profile show like this.

I just really hate the culture war articles that love to spring up and farm their outrage clicks from an issue that deserves much more serious discussion and handling than the "pointing at a bad thing so we can rage on Twitter" schtick that seems to permeate everything online. 

Re the CGI, my only issue with it is her forehead/hair. It just doesn't look right but I assume it's easier/cheaper to have it like that and swept back.

Liked everything else though :)

Saw an article somewhere about now that Hulks arm is better, the MCU has ruined *everything* as it means there's no consequences to *anything* now. I guess they haven't read any comics or watched many films. Some people just like to get annoyed about anything it seems. Like the 10k 1 star reviewers I guess.

to be honest i can't deal with all of the guff around marvel, it's just too much. these are - admittedly slick - comic book movies and shows that are aimed at the widest possible audience with a level of polish that most competing films can't really match.

that's it, there's not much else to them. there is a lot more to the industry it dominates, given the creative bankruptcy and consolidation we're seeing but no it's WOMEN ruining marvel. and if it's not women, it's definitely the gay community. and the trans community. definitely all those. marvel was much better when we got *checks notes* thor the dark world and iron man 3.

i wish discourse would be more centred around how much potential marvel has at tricking people into watching deep and meaningful stories with the promise of shooty shooty smash smash as a compromise. i think we got half way there with wandavision then they kinda dropped the ball. parts of moon knight were fantastic too. ms marvel, i loved the stuff in spite of the marvel settings, not because of it. should've been a much longer show with more slice of life stories, make people fall in love with these characters and these backgrounds!

3 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

Re the CGI, my only issue with it is her forehead/hair. It just doesn't look right but I assume it's easier/cheaper to have it like that and swept back.

Liked everything else though :)

Saw an article somewhere about now that Hulks arm is better, the MCU has ruined *everything* as it means there's no consequences to *anything* now. I guess they haven't read any comics or watched many films. Some people just like to get annoyed about anything it seems. Like the 10k 1 star reviewers I guess.

They'll be delighted when Iron Man returns.

23 minutes ago, SMD said:

but they introduced Women in iron man 2, they're canon now?

They’ve overwritten them now.   Black Widow foxy boxing = women’s proper station.  Carol Danvers though?  Too strong…it’s not believable. And what did she even do to earn those powers?!  Like billionaire Tony Stark did, and the procession of unfortunate lab accidents. 

Plus, i heard that every single member of cast and crew found her to be kind of a b-word. 

1 minute ago, Kodamarama said:

They’ve overwritten them now.   Black Widow foxy boxing = women’s proper station.  Carol Danvers though?  Too strong…it’s not believable. And what did she even do to earn those powers?!  Like billionaire Tony Stark did, and the procession of unfortunate lab accidents. 

Plus, i heard that every single member of cast and crew found her to be kind of a b-word. 

...buff?

It's all a massive outrage and pandering to the woke snowflake generation. A SHE-Hulk and making her better than the proper man Hulk? Disgusting. Disney are making a mockery of all the proper Marvel fans. Women should only be in the shows and films as scantily clad eye candy, not the most powerful or important characters. First we lost the true great heroes like Cap and Iron Man, then the other greats (Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye and Loki) have been turned into fools and being replaced by female versions. And then they had the audacity of having a woman kill some of the strongest and best heroes in Marvel history just to rub it in further. 

decent episode, the cg is still garbage to the point where i don't understand why they bothered? they're crunching these vfx artists and for what, nothing in the episode really needed any hulk presence to be honest.

9 minutes ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

Ha, enjoyed that, and wasnt quite expecting quite such a high degree of tie-in stuff, but it totally works.

Hide contents

Also, wonder what bruce is off to do?

Spoiler

The ship is from Sakaar where the critically acclaimed Planet Hulk story takes place in the comics. Where he married and had a son. It was also the direct lead-in to World War Hulk. Bits of this story were used for Thor Ragnarok but there are rumours Marvel is getting the solo Hulk movie distribution rights back in 2023. This feels like a setup for a Hulk solo movie, maybe even a Planet Hulk/WWH epicness. Personally I hope they'll finally touch on Hulk's true origins from the comics with the DID/abuse angle and subsequently introduce the Joe Fixit persona for a Hulk movie based in Las Vegas.

Hulk theories ^

Figured it would be something to do with that, but wasnt sure if

Spoiler

it was a set-up or more like them progressing a bunch of stuff off-screen to get around the legal stuff. Maybe a smart way to allow either depending on how the rights go.

I guess time will tell but hopefully the former.

2 episodes in and this hasn't offended me or set off my Spidey sense- which I can't say of any of the previous (live action) Disney plus shows. 

In the first episode I didn't have a problem with the CG. But in ep2 I felt it was far more noticeable- to the point where I was wondering if it was a completely different crew doing it.