She-Hulk: Attorney at Law series coming to Disney + 17th August

Captain Kelsten

1 hour ago, drmick said:

2 episodes in and this hasn't offended me or set off my Spidey sense- which I can't say of any of the previous (live action) Disney plus shows.

What is there to be offended by? Noticed the same odd phrase in the Ms. Marvel thread.

5 hours ago, SMD said:

decent episode, the cg is still garbage to the point where i don't understand why they bothered? they're crunching these vfx artists and for what, nothing in the episode really needed any hulk presence to be honest.

Presumably the stilts and body paint didn't work out.

1 hour ago, drmick said:

2 episodes in and this hasn't offended me or set off my Spidey sense- which I can't say of any of the previous (live action) Disney plus shows. 

In the first episode I didn't have a problem with the CG. But in ep2 I felt it was far more noticeable- to the point where I was wondering if it was a completely different crew doing it.

what were your problems with the other shows?

14 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Presumably the stilts and body paint didn't work out.

it's just daft, so far it's not really adding anything and i feel like its just extra work for the sake of getting audiences used to she hulk. let them act and give the vfx team the week off or something.

4 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

After or in the middle of?

After the main credits, before the mostly unrelated to the show just Marvel people ones that have been copied and pasted on the end of all the shows.

30 minutes ago, SMD said:

it's just daft, so far it's not really adding anything and i feel like its just extra work for the sake of getting audiences used to she hulk. let them act and give the vfx team the week off or something.

I don't really mind it, considering she's the main character. Maybe they'll touch the CG up later? 

4 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

I don't really mind it, considering she's the main character. Maybe they'll touch the CG up later? 

I can do without, save it for the odd moment and her film appearance. I watch the shows for the drama and character development, couldn't give a shit about the CG stuff. Easily the weakest parts of Wandavision and Ms Marvel for me.

I never thought I'd say something like this, but I really wish that was 45 minutes long instead of 30. The dialogue is just too fast and I'm old.

Spoiler

And more seriously, it means scenes have no time to breathe. I've barely taken in that she's fired before family stuff then hired again and bam bam bam, I don't have the attention span of a gnat so please stop for just a minute!

I thought the after credits bit was really weird too: it seems a big theme of this episode was "they only hired me for my assets", so when the end credits are of her family taking advantage of that as well in a kind of demeaning way where it's played for laughs it's just so tonally strange. I don't really get what the show is trying to say when it seems to be flinging stuff out there and rolling with it.

Basically, what is the "heart" of the show? Hopefully it will be more apparent once it gets going.

Tim Roth was delightful.

Spoiler

Oh wait I know what the end credits bit was there for: she hadn't done any Hulk stuff for the whole episode and they had to force their CG artist indentured servants to crack out a contractually mandated superhero doing superhero things bit in case the viewers complained I guess.

It was funny though I guess.

21 minutes ago, Benny said:

I never thought I'd say something like this, but I really wish that was 45 minutes long instead of 30. The dialogue is just too fast and I'm old.

Hide contents

And more seriously, it means scenes have no time to breathe. I've barely taken in that she's fired before family stuff then hired again and bam bam bam, I don't have ADD so please stop for just a minute!

I thought the after credits bit was really weird too: it seems a big theme of this episode was "they only hired me for my assets", so when the end credits are of her family taking advantage of that as well in a kind of demeaning way where it's played for laughs it's just so tonally strange. I don't really get what the show is trying to say when it seems to be flinging stuff out there and rolling with it.

Basically, what is the "heart" of the show? Hopefully it will be more apparent once it gets going.

Tim Roth was delightful.

Apparently it 'settles' in ep. 3 on.

2 hours ago, SMD said:

what were your problems with the other shows?

They were either shite from the very beginning, or started off promisingly before taking a sharp dive. I probably posted as much in each respective thread.

She-Hulk probably has the best "first two episodes" of all the shows so far. Although I'm partly suspicious that it was really just one episode split into two to pad out the weekly schedule.

22 minutes ago, IcEBuRN said:

The actual episode was less than 23 minutes, including the credits scene. That's taking the piss a little... 

It's a standard TV show episode length though. Most US sitcoms are that long.

As a big Hulk fan who also really likes the She-Hulk comics, but absolutely hates what they did (and more importantly, didn't do) with MCU Hulk, I have to say I'm loving this series so far.

I just wish they'd put as much effort into getting Hulk right 😭

Really enjoyed that, but was shocked it was so short - 23 minutes! The episode felt like it was just getting going and then it ended. Boo.

Tge CGI still looks really bad, but I'm just about able to not let it distract me (too much).

Had a couple of proper laughs too,look forward to the next one (which hopefully has a bit longer runtime!)