Cult of the Lamb - Binding of Isaac meets Don't Starve.

moosegrinder

How is it on Switch, heard it was a bit ropey. Looking for something to amuse me for a flight to/from Vancouver. If it’s rubbish I’ll wait and get the PC version when I get home. 

Seem to have hit a pretty ridiculous game breaking bug. After my first cult fell apart, I decided to start a new game. I get to the park where you have to give your first sermon, do it and that's it. Can't do anything else. Can't give another sermon as you can only give one per day and the game clock doesn't appear at this point so no time progressing, hunger doesn't go down but faith does and I can't leave the compound to go on a crusade. Helper isn't appearing as I've done everything he's asked so I'm stuck in limbo (which is a bit on the nose) with nothing to do except clean all the trees/rocks/bushes. I tried saving and reloading which didn't do owt and starting another new game and had exactly the same issue.

Totally boned which is a massive shame as I was really enjoying it.

Just now, moosegrinder said:

Delete the saves from the console and cloud?

Done twice but it's a bit annoying having to do the same first half an hour over and over and getting stuck in the same situation. I've been reading up and apparently is a very common bug but a massive PITA so I either Groundhog Day it, or wait for a bug fix (who knows how long that'll be on PS5). 

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Docked has input lag, it's not 60fps, occasional frame drops. Turn screen shake off, increase font, play handheld for 'serviceable' experience.

Why the hell is that a portrait video?

5 hours ago, spanx said:

How is it on Switch, heard it was a bit ropey. Looking for something to amuse me for a flight to/from Vancouver. If it’s rubbish I’ll wait and get the PC version when I get home. 

I've only played a couple of hours handheld but no notable issues so far. Seems smooth enough.

Absolutely love the art style. Really great.

5 hours ago, Scruff said:

Seem to have hit a pretty ridiculous game breaking bug. After my first cult fell apart, I decided to start a new game. I get to the park where you have to give your first sermon, do it and that's it. Can't do anything else. Can't give another sermon as you can only give one per day and the game clock doesn't appear at this point so no time progressing, hunger doesn't go down but faith does and I can't leave the compound to go on a crusade. Helper isn't appearing as I've done everything he's asked so I'm stuck in limbo (which is a bit on the nose) with nothing to do except clean all the trees/rocks/bushes. I tried saving and reloading which didn't do owt and starting another new game and had exactly the same issue.

Totally boned which is a massive shame as I was really enjoying it.

I had a similar bug where I couldn't leave the camp, and if its related to mine then I had to complete a follower quest I had picked up. In my case it was to do a ritual but I couldn't get the materials except after about 4 days of ingame time harvesting enough divinity to unlock a building that gave me access to the resource I needed. Thankfully once I completed the quest, the gate to outside was unlocked. Definitely seems like there are bugs related to trapping you in the camp in the game, which should not have got past Q.A. as its quite likely to end up in a soft lock like happened to you. It was pretty much luck that I managed to get out of mine, and locking the gates surely is a bug as it cuts off your access to any resources outside of camp.

As for my playthrough, I am playing on Hard and it might be a bit unbalanced. I still haven't killed the 2nd biome uber-boss due to the difficulty of getting there, but I've already reached the second-to-last tier of upgrades for the camp and combat! And there's still 2 whole biomes to go! Maybe I should have stuck with Normal but Hard seemed a good challenge and aside from the upgrade situation its been decently balanced. Now I guess I'll be on nearly maxed-out upgrade trees for biomes 3 and 4.

So at some point last night I bought this on my Switch. Can’t remember doing it, but then again my newborn didn’t settle and I got about 30 minutes of sleep so that probably caused it. Sleep shopping!

Anyway, loving it so far. Just doing the second biome. 

Put another hour and a bit into it this morning and now the Crimson Void is up and running properly. Upgraded my shrine, sorted out the sleeping arrangements and cleaned all the poop. Followers are hard at work digging a Body Pit for their soon-to-be sacrificed corpses, though I feel attached to them now I’ve named them all and can’t see myself ever sacrificing Dave Murray. 

LONG LIVE THE KVLT. 

14 minutes ago, Hylian said:

Got some heathen bringing the whole place down (Brian). How do I sacrifice this guy? It told me it was an option but I can't see how I actually do it. 

Go to the temple and it's under rituals I think.

I'm pretty sure it's your top 6 (level) that attend the sermons and rituals, so level them up high enough. Alternatively, if someone in the top 6 is bedridden on a a mission or in prison etc, they won't attend and will be replaced with the next person on the list.

1 hour ago, Mr.Crowley said:

I was supposed to sacrifice one of my followers (he actually asked for it) but he would never actually appear inside the temple so I failed the task. Does anyone know how you can change the "churchgoers"?

7 minutes ago, donpeartree said:

I'm pretty sure it's your top 6 (level) that attend the sermons and rituals, so level them up high enough. Alternatively, if someone in the top 6 is bedridden on a a mission or in prison etc, they won't attend and will be replaced with the next person on the list.

6 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

It shouldn't matter who is in the church, when you choose sacrifice you get a list of all your followers.

For the record my cult is called The Silent Fart.

From Reddit, this is a bug - you’re apparently supposed to have all cultists available in the church, but only 6 appear in mine. 

17 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

It shouldn't matter who is in the church, when you choose sacrifice you get a list of all your followers.

For the record my cult is called The Silent Fart.

Nope, only the cultist inside the temple can be used in rituals.

Is there a bug with farming?

I have a bunch of crops on the go and have built all of the farming bits that cult members can use, in the place where they need to be, right by the farm.

At no point will it let me give them farming jobs, it just says “no tasks available”, despite them clearly showing they need to be watered or fertilised.

26 minutes ago, Mr.Crowley said:

Nope, only the cultist inside the temple can be used in rituals.

For me I only get 6 people in the church but still can choose any one of my followers, so it must be the bug partly in play.

Ah that explains why I couldn't marry one of my followers as well. I'm on the second biome now and sadly encountering some bugs. 

Music keeps cutting out and coming back. Then it goes and sounds weird and comes back again. 

Also having issues with cultists not going back to normal routine after a ritual. 

Series X version btw. 

1 hour ago, BubbleFish said:

I've had a few odd bugs too on the PS5. Each time I've found a simple save/ quit/ restart fixes it, including the non responsive cultists. 

Agree except it doesn't fix the only 6 cultists in the temple bug.