IGN Expo 5pm BST

Benny

Arcsys still doing their thing. Doubt I'll play this as I've quickly bounced off a lot of these games recently despite wanting to play them (Strive, Ganblue), but it does look nice.

There probably is some interesting true crime/environmental storytelling thing you could do with a game about autopsies, like those bits in LA Noire blown up to a whole game, but it's still a subject/mechanic that'll have people looking at you funny.

20 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Arcsys still doing their thing. Doubt I'll play this as I've quickly bounced off a lot of these games recently despite wanting to play them (Strive, Ganblue), but it does look nice.

I played the beta and it was the most pure fun fighting game I've played in years.

1 minute ago, Benny said:

I played the beta and it was the most pure fun fighting game I've played in years.

I've no doubt I'll check it out, but not day one unless I can get it super cheap. I like these games, but never put enough time in to justify the purchase these days.

Part of the annoyance is that there's always so many incoming DLC fighters. Want a complete game? Gotta keep paying. My SFV stage and character roster looked like broken teeth by the end, and my Granblue's full of missing chars now as well.

14 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

I've no doubt I'll check it out, but not day one unless I can get it super cheap. I like these games, but never put enough time in to justify the purchase these days.

Part of the annoyance is that there's always so many incoming DLC fighters. Want a complete game? Gotta keep paying. My SFV stage and character roster looked like broken teeth by the end, and my Granblue's full of missing chars now as well.

I know I'm never going to be any good with them all so I just pick a few I like from the release roster and have fun with those. The days of MvsC2 are long gone unfortunately.

@Benny Yeah, MvC 2's roster was a thing of beauty.

I recently got a good deal on Tekken 7 on Xbox so I bought it, but no Leroy or Anna (who I got on PC via season passes) means I feel slightly gipped even at the price I paid. I know they need to recoup revenue given the genre's not super profitable these days, but it always leads to incomplete looking games for me.

The main thing that annoys me is when I love how a fighting game plays at launch, then I go away for a bit playing other games, then when I come back it's all changed or my favourite characters aren't fun any more. I think I just mostly enjoy the wild and not perfectly balanced first few months of a fighting game before it gets all "optimised" because of what people in the community are moaning about next.

It's why old fighting games like SF3:TS are I think going to stand the test of time for far longer that anything released now, because they will always have their weird quirks that people love and keep coming back to because of.

10 minutes ago, Benny said:

The main thing that annoys me is when I love how a fighting game plays at launch, then I go away for a bit playing other games, then when I come back it's all changed or my favourite characters aren't fun any more. I think I just mostly enjoy the wild and not perfectly balanced first few months of a fighting game before it gets all "optimised" because of what people in the community are moaning about next.

It's why old fighting games like SF3:TS are I think going to stand the test of time for far longer that anything released now, because they will always have their weird quirks that people love and keep coming back to because of.

Rough spots can be the thing you absolutely adore.

Spoiler

(1:42's my fave)