IGNORED

Power Wash Simulator - Peasants Rejoice! Coming To Switch And Playstation!

moosegrinder

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Top tip: LOOK AT THE CONTROLS IN THE OPTIONS. Seriously. There's also an aim mode for people who get motion sick with too much camera swinging (up on d-pad on controller). Oh and you can alter the level of the water jet noise if the constant PSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH is giving your hearing grief.

Yeah, I like to have a podcast on in the background and forget to turn it down,. TSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

12 minutes ago, TehStu said:

So... there's no water limit? Or time limit? Or doing a job shit? I just get to take my sweet time cleaning?

This is excellent.

Yes and you don't break your ankle jumping off the roof either. 

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Really enjoying this but GAH have got 1 little bit left on one of the jobs but the missing bit is on a 1 of 19 panel and the 'show dirt' is really not helping locate the tiny spot I am missing. 😭

Had to move onto a different job so that I could have some relaxing power washing over lunch! 🤣

Hovering the reticle over things brings up their name in the top left and how much needs to be cleaned. If they're done the bar is entirely empty. Also use right on the d-pad (don't know the M&K function, sorry) and the dirt will flash up that needs doing.

I can't believe how many decisions have gone into this just to make it chill versus the usual competitive nonsense. If you could highlight the grass you missed, lawnmower simulator would be much nicer.

1 minute ago, TehStu said:

I can't believe how many decisions have gone into this just to make it chill versus the usual competitive nonsense. If you could highlight the grass you missed, lawnmower simulator would be much nicer.

You can - click R3 to use your gardener vision, which makes uncut grass glow white.

This started fun. The van, the motorbike are done in minutes, and you get lots of fast little rewards. Next up is a big garden - suddenly a couple of hours, with a lot less positive feedback. Okay, I want to finish it, and I did.

Then a massive fucking play park. Half and hour on the stegosaur slide, nice and clean, only 1 little endorphin ping, but okay. Look at progress, 2%.

Er, how many hours is this one early area going to take? No thanks. If it had a better time-investment curve, I’d have stayed interested, but that’s a hockey stick. Nupe.

51 minutes ago, TehStu said:

So... there's no water limit? Or time limit? Or doing a job shit? I just get to take my sweet time cleaning?

This is excellent.

Only if you do the challenges.

14 minutes ago, jonamok said:

This started fun. The van, the motorbike are done in minutes, and you get lots of fast little rewards. Next up is a big garden - suddenly a couple of hours, with a lot less positive feedback. Okay, I want to finish it, and I did.

Then a massive fucking play park. Half and hour on the stegosaur slide, nice and clean, only 1 little endorphin ping, but okay. Look at progress, 2%.

Er, how many hours is this one early area going to take? No thanks. If it had a better time-investment curve, I’d have stayed interested, but that’s a hockey stick. Nupe.

The playground is slightly rough, as you're generally at the cusp of either an extension upgrade (which lets you use the wider nozzles with no loss of pressure, or the same pressure at a longer distance), or an entire washer upgrade (which is an overall stronger pressure upgrade, at the expense of the benefit of the extensions you already bought).

But ultimately, there's levels that are way, way worse later on, but you're still given the tools to get jobs done in a reasonable timeframe. And, well, the game does allow you to just stop and resume any job you want. It fits the bill for just dipping in and out when you're listening to a podcast or whatever.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Hovering the reticle over things brings up their name in the top left and how much needs to be cleaned. If they're done the bar is entirely empty. Also use right on the d-pad (don't know the M&K function, sorry) and the dirt will flash up that needs doing.

Thanks, I hadn't spotted that there was that little progress bar in the top left.  Managed to use that to quickly find the panel I needed.

Even knowing the panel to target, the show dirt orange glow was totally useless so ended up methodically going over the whole panel till I dinged the right bit.

Job Done!!

5 hours ago, Siri said:

You can also go to the list on the pause menu, click on an item you haven't done, and when you leave the pause menu it will give that particular part of the thing an overall glow so you can tell at a glance what you have to locate.

Thanks, that has been really helpful too

Had a couple of hours on this. I like it but prefer the variety House Flipper offers. Or rather I find I can lose hours to HF, whereas Power Wash will be more suited to a quick 10-15 minute blast. Got pretty bored during the garden clean, probably should have broken it up into a couple of goes.

It does feel satisfying when an object is all sparkling after a wash though.

10 hours ago, Gotters said:

Very nice but could feel the hand cramps coming on after just the first stage

My left thumb was totally fucked after a 2hr session earlier.  (Not the title of my sex tape) 

7 hours ago, carlospie said:

This is my GOTY. next gen is finally here.

Does anyone else seriously consider their life choices when playing this game? 

I have a patio, a fence that is in dire need of a power wash.  

Not cleaning those. No sirree Bob. 

I'm sick, possibly with Covid, and this is just perfect for me right now. Excellent game. Not as puzzly as Car Mechanic Simulator, which is another game like this I really love.

On 14/07/2022 at 20:31, Ry said:

My other half thinks I have lost the plot. 

I'm playing Lawn Mowing Simulator, House Flipper and now this. 

I try playing my umpteen big normal games like Cyberpunk and get bored after 10 mins and it's back to cutting grass and washing garage doors. 

I'm totally onboard with this game.

Now, please - tell me about House Flipper.

4 hours ago, mr twig said:

I'm totally onboard with this game.

Now, please - tell me about House Flipper.

It's on game pass too. It's basically house decorating/renovation sim. You paint, clean, demolish, build and furnish houses. It has more variety than PWS but I find it a bit clunkier to play. Not stopped me putting a good few hours into the pc version mind.

Adequate advice for next week, too.

While on the topic of issues, I did notice on the Steam Deck that there was a lot of stutter later on in the game - turns out there's an issue with the auto-save triggering a lot and causing the game to drop frames, so the answer is to.. turn off auto-save.

I mean, it's silky smooth now, but it's a bit concerning when the jobs are massive later on, but at the moment I have two going on at once so whenever I switch it saves the game.

What I'm on now (mild spoilers):

Spoiler

I'm 90% of the way on the Ferris Wheel level, and about 30% on the Subway Station level.

I vastly prefer the subway - there's nowhere near the amount of intricate, shitty parts that I'll miss like on the Ferris wheel. It's going to be a fucking nightmare going from 95-100%. I've really had to eat the elephant on it, I'd have quit if I attempted it in one sitting.

The Subway is just.. a lot of estate, like the skate park, and I loved that level. Get the green boi going with the extension and go brrrrrrt

Yeah there are definitely levels that push your patience but only really if you try to mainline it all in one go. I've done the park this morning and just spent like an hour and change putzing around, methodically cleaning the outside of the climbing frame, then underneath, then inside. God I love it.

The main bit I loved about the park is getting the widest nozzle and blasting around the soft play area.

One thing that should be mentioned about the same, while wistfully thinking of destroying massive areas of filth - as it's based on a health gauge system to wipe off muck, you don't have to be super precise - usually, cleaning up untouched dirt will net more to completing a task than fine detailing. But if you're stuck with figuring out what bit to clean and you're on a sliver left, you can opt for the concentrated jet washes and attack corners, edges or heavily soiled surfaces to suddenly make the whole area sparkle.

The tablet menu really helps as well as you can select the sections individually and then they flash for you so you can spot those tricky areas that are still dirty. 

I absolutely hate this game, and will probably have to delete it. It’s addictive and difficult to stop playing once I’ve started - I’ll just finish off this wall, and oh look, that window will only take a few seconds - but I don’t find it fun at all. It feels more like work than anything, and it reminds me of the days when I did data entry jobs - the brief elation when you’ve filled in a whole spreadsheet, only to find there’s an infinite number waiting to be completed. I wouldn’t mind so much if the cleaning jobs were quick, but they take hours to complete - my mind goes into the same kind of slight panic it does at work when I have a dozen things to do in a short timescale, and I really need to consider the most efficient order to do them in.

Its a shame, because I quite like boring games - I loved being an interstellar trucker who obeys all relevant space bylaws in Elite Dangerous, and I could spend hours just riding round in RDR2 not completing missions. But I suspect I enjoy the immersion and calmness of living a low-key life in a dangerous, beautiful world. This just feels stressful, like I’m spending my free time worrying about completing menial tasks. It’s not for me. 

• moosegrinder changed the title to Power Wash Simulator - Peasants Rejoice! Coming To Switch And Playstation!