IGNORED

When will MS/Bethesda announce Starfield's delay because they've heard your feedback and agree it looks a bit shit now that you've mentioned it

thesnwmn

Have your say  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I mean bloody hell. I know game devs blow a lot of smoke up their own arse but that just looks terrible technically and creatively. It's almost Sonic movie levels of obliviousness.

I believe it will be delayed again, but only because it's a huge undertaking and Bethesda aren't exactly known for pushing out high quality, bug free products first time.

I mean...if you'd have asked me what I expected Starfield to be, I'd probably have said something very close to that, and yet it turns out that's not actually what I want. I don't know what I want, but having seen it, I know it isn't that. 

Thing is... If they just showed this as the first press thing since the title announcement then fine. But they've spent months putting out self indulgent chats about minutiae like how they designed a robot and animated it. Great, shame it's a slide show and looks generic as ever. Have some awareness.

Then the whole 1000 planets thing. Great. Now show them. Properly. What does that really mean if 90% of them are have nothing on them. And the last 10% mostly have a single little outpost. If you've really built a few hundred plants full of stuff then great. But you haven't. Anyone who thinks they have is crazy. And this is a world where No Man's Sky exists. We have beautiful varied generated planets. Do more or be a bit careful.

1 minute ago, Calashnikov said:

:rolleyes:

We'll see.

Ok, check out the first few pages of the Starfield thread then, plenty shitting on it since 2018 without having seen anything, although I'll have no doubt that's increased a bit since the buyout.

Just now, RubberJohnny said:

Ok, check out the first few pages of the Starfield thread then, plenty shitting on it without having seen anything, although I'll have no doubt that's increased a bit since the buyout.

I won't read it but any game making grandiose promises without showing gameplay deserves nothing but skepticism and shit until it's shown. Game developers get an astonishingly easy ride out of the press and gamers in my opinion.

Just now, thesnwmn said:

I won't read it but any game making grandiose promises without showing gameplay deserves nothing but skepticism and shit until it's shown.

They hadn't made any promises back then, read the thread, people were attacking a title and logo.

1 minute ago, RubberJohnny said:

They hadn't made any promises back then, read the thread, people were attacking a title and logo.

Fair point. But anyone doing that also deserves the crap. Why bother? These aren't indie's looking for your financial support. They're asking you to love something for no effort on their part. Go back into their hole, build it and show it.

I know I sound miserable but it's so frustrating. The number of exciting future games that are literally nothing but a logo and some chat.

Who honestly cares about 1,000 planets? If you spent just half an hour on each one it would take 21 full days to visit all of them. And that’s without all the other crafting bollocks and travel and stuff that seems to be in the game. Ain’t got time for that. 

It looks like a typical Bethesda RPG template, except instead of only going to the next town you go to the next planet. The space stuff I'm way more interested in, but who knows how that's going to turn out. No Man's Sky was way more interesting to me at launch than the tedious gathering/crafting grind it was hammered into.

Just now, the_debaser said:

Who honestly cares about 1,000 planets? If you spent just half an hour on each one it would take 21 full days to visit all of them. And that’s without all the other crafting bollocks and travel and stuff that seems to be in the game. Ain’t got time for that. 

I like the idea that you could have an almost statistically unique game experience from anyone else - but there’s no way there’s going to be something to visit or do on even 500 of those planets, never mind all 1,000 of them. 

Was it 1,000 planets or systems? Like it really matters. 

Watching through the 4k video and they really didn't help it by showing drab planet at the beginning. Better locations are shown later on. Oh, and fix that frame rate.

They revealed Fallout 4 in a much better away. 

6 minutes ago, Isaac said:

It is art mate, it isnt life and death.

Imagine if Scorsese or Spielberg announced a project and half the internet raged at them with skepticism and shit.

Gamers are the most entitled people on the internet I swear.

I mean sure.

For these multimillion dollar companies it's so vital that we champion their every announcement of nothing.

Obviously the press gain something from selling the message. But gamers don't do they?

Of course individuals will get excited. And I'm happy for anyone that is excited for it. But I don't think it's entitled to take the piss out of a commercial product trying to garner my attention and adoration with often very limited information.

It didn't really answer the questions I wanted answered, like 'will you be able to approach quests in ways that don't involve shooting this time?', 'does it have actual skill checks?' or 'does this have proper conversation trees and not 4 dialogue options that are all the same thing phrased slightly differently?' 

The things they focused on in the presentation (shooting, base building and ship building) didn't give me any hope that this isn't going to be Fallout 4 all over again. 

2 minutes ago, Majora said:

It didn't really answer the questions I wanted answered, like 'will you be able to approach quests in ways that don't involve shooting this time?', 'does it have actual skill checks?' or 'does this have proper conversation trees and not 4 dialogue options that are all the same thing phrased slightly differently?' 

The things they focused on in the presentation (shooting, base building and ship building) didn't give me any hope that this isn't going to be Fallout 4 all over again.

I think Bethesda have a pretty good track record of course correcting from one game to another, Oblivions wonky enemy scaling was sorted in Fallout 3, for instance.

Also this has genuinely been in development for 8 years, Fallout 4 had like 2 and 1/2 after Skyrim, and had to do a generation transition in that period too.

It looked so shit. The combat somehow looks worse than cyberpunk. The space stuff looked okay but no man's sky did that years ago. The Npc looked wank. I can't believe how bad it looked overall.