Jump to content

Hideo Kojima’s Big Microsoft Cloud Adventure


Alex W.
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

A horror game that is a spiritual sequel to Silent Hills in the same way Death Stranding tackled many of the same themes (non-violence, nuclear weapons, etc), except this one actually exists and is fucking awesome because Kojima is at the height of his craft.

 

Only for fucking nostalgia boomers on here to moan about it because it lacks the franchise name they want on the box, resulting in posts every month about "locking him up so he just makes Metal Gear forever" as is already unfortunately already common.

This. Really hope he gets to explore what he came up with that demo he did way back. It was the most moving experience I've had with interactive media . 😲 Made silent hills look tame :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Now Kojima's gone MS exclusive as well?

 

:( :(


Some PS superfan wished on a monkey paw for “Kojima on MGS” and got “Microsoft Game Studios” instead.

 

Actually it’s interesting that this is pitched as a Kojima Productions x Xbox Game Studios development collaboration rather than just a publishing deal. That might suggest it’s something outside of Kojima’s core competencies - or which lines up with one of the Microsoft teams’ expertise.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Alex W. said:


Some PS superfan wished on a monkey paw for “Kojima on MGS” and got “Microsoft Game Studios” instead.

 

Actually it’s interesting that this is pitched as a Kojima Productions x Xbox Game Studios development collaboration rather than just a publishing deal. That might suggest it’s something outside of Kojima’s core competencies - or which lines up with one of the Microsoft teams’ expertise.

 

 


This made me laugh:

 

1A5D7490-26B5-41A3-A3A3-FE289AFF1DD7.thumb.jpeg.b3cda2ee884dc3b634f7b7be50df463f.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Now Kojima's gone MS exclusive as well?

 

:( :(

.. for this one game. I wouldn't worry about it. 

 

 

Anyway, I can't think of anything that would make a game more interesting by using the cloud. Or to create something that couldn't be done otherwise. But of course I'm not a designer. I always think back to Crackdown 3's idea of offloading the destruction physics to the cloud - and yet that one Red Faction game also did it really well. On older hardware even. Looking forward to seeing what Kojima's unique new idea is, I'm willing to be surprised. But as others have said, as eccentric as Death Stranding was it also felt like an amalgam of Kojima's previous games and an extension of the same themes and ideas he touched on before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Microsoft don’t really need kojima to make a game they just need the promise something revolutionary is coming.

Ultimately it’ll be many years , perhaps 5-6-7 years before a release date is talked about. It’ll probably be 3 years before we see any footage and depending on wheee the industry is it’ll probably get cancelled.

 

i just wonder what engine they are going to work with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Microsoft don’t really need kojima to make a game they just need the promise something revolutionary is coming.

Ultimately it’ll be many years , perhaps 5-6-7 years before a release date is talked about. It’ll probably be 3 years before we see any footage and depending on wheee the industry is it’ll probably get cancelled.

 

i just wonder what engine they are going to work with.

Completely agree. Its about Xbox showing it has Japanese developers on board, which was explicitly stated as a goal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah the Sony hype around Death Stranding initially was "we've got Kojima!!!" in 2015 and little else, then it was a picture of Norman Reedus with a space baby teaser in 2016 and the name Death Stranding.

 

That is all you need really with a name like Kojima.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who follows Kojima closely I was quite shocked by this, for the last couple of years he has been continuously hinting at a horror game (not silent hills). With the recent news about his studio expanding making film/tv productions, what I worry is happening is that Kojima Productions is working on a number of projects with their own directors. Then Kojima just pops into the office every now and again to review the projects and is like 'Nice, maybe add a baby character who controls a drone with it's mind?' or something. Then scoots back out to catch up with fellow developers, whilst watching the latest movies on planes.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Capwn said:

As someone who follows Kojima closely I was quite shocked by this, for the last couple of years he has been continuously hinting at a horror game (not silent hills). With the recent news about his studio expanding making film/tv productions, what I worry is happening is that Kojima Productions is working on a number of projects with their own directors. Then Kojima just pops into the office every now and again to review the projects and is like 'Nice, maybe add a baby character who controls a drone with it's mind?' or something. Then scoots back out to catch up with fellow developers, whilst watching the latest movies on planes.

 

 

 

You can't have been following things with Kojima that closely! An MSG collaboration on a cloud based game has be bubbling away as a rumour for ages. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/06/2022 at 10:06, Hitcher said:

It'll be set over the entire world in realtime like MS Flight Sim.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be true, or somewhat close to the truth. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.