Football thread 2022/23

Naysonymous

3 hours ago, SMD said:

Brodge has no idea how to maintain a defensive unit, he'll stumble on something that works then it gets found out and you're back to square one but with one fewer solution.

We're in the ridiculous situation of playing Ndidi as a CB and then having Amartey as the next in line, also not a CB. Meanwhile Soyuncu and Vestergaard don't even get in the squad. I'm hoping our new CB gets a visa soon. 

Got to feel for Wolves' new signing Kalajdzic doing his ACL in on his debut. 

I know it seems a bit rich having out 5 past Leicester but once again I watched Ihenacho and wondered why we weren't in for him during the transfer window. I accept that we are a team who don't necessarily have a focal point for goals but I assume he could do a job in our system even if it is only 6 - 8 goals a season.

Leicester's goals were both very good and in all honesty after the first one I thought they were going to do us 3-1 or something.

Am I right in thinking that Ross Barkley is currently a free agent?  Anyone could sign him and give him a pay-to-play type of deal. He's still a decent player, and only 28. I don't think he's got a history of injury problems either, has he? I'm surprised nobody has snapped him up already.

10 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Am I right in thinking that Ross Barkley is currently a free agent?  Anyone could sign him and give him a pay-to-play type of deal. He's still a decent player, and only 28. I don't think he's got a history of injury problems either, has he? I'm surprised nobody has snapped him up already.

On 04/09/2022 at 19:24, SMD said:

jurassic-park-water.gif

If you were to go back in time and tell me from 2016 that Liz Truss would be Prime Minister and Wolves were set to sign Diego Costa, I'd tell you to lay off the drugs.

34 minutes ago, Silent Runner said:

Celtic should be ahead for sure but Madrid were playing a bit at the end of the half. Benzema going off is good news for Celtic in the 2nd half. 

Only watching on the BT Sport Goals Show, but it seems that Celtic are finding out that sometimes there’s just fuck all you can do when teams have the quality of individual that Real Madrid have.  The first goal was devastatingly clinical. 

Haaland just scored his second of the night. Twelve for the season already.  😬

8 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

His positioning is insane, perfect for Man City’s style of play. I do wonder whether teams will eventually figure him out and stop allowing all the chances he gets in the 6 yard box. 

Probably, but Manchester City are anything but one dimensional and they’ll just find other ways to score.  They’ve absolutely battered Sevilla tonight. 

The only thing stopping Haaland is an injury. Alan Shearer has the record for hattricks in a league season: five, in 1995/6. Haaland could get that by Christmas with the number of chances City create.

A slice of hyperbole there but I’d be almost more surprised if he doesn’t smash that record this season. He’s so scarily efficient with his movement and finishing.