Football thread 2022/23

Naysonymous

Are there any City fans on this forum? Apart from the Manchester derby people only seem to care when they lose, which isn’t often and even their title wins go unremarked. Liverpool in contrast generate a reaction for multiple reasons although if it’s about their old players like Owen and McManaman always being on the tv coverage it’s completely understandable. 

Manchester City don’t really have the legions of glory hunting fans yet.  Well they do, but most of their new fans who only support them because they win all the time are kids or overseas, which isn’t really rllmuk’s demographic.  Liverpool on the other hand have had 50 years of continuous success to build up a fan base of people from all over the UK. 

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Man City fan post in any of the football threads in, christ almighty, 14 years of visiting here.

Wouldn’t know what to say to one really, “well done on your really good, billion pound side”?

29 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I didn't know about that weird Griezmann playing time clause mentioned above.  Just looked it up and it's hilarious.  Barcelona are apparently taking legal advice, which  is kind of like Posh Spice accusing a supermodel of not eating enough pies.

Who is on the Barca legal team, based on their recent activities it's probably Lionel Hutz and Jimmy McGill/ Saul Goodman.  Any competent ones would surely have told them that pretty much 100% of their decisions in the last few years are bonkers

It's somewhat amusing that Brighton can sell one of their stars in Marc Cucurella for about £60m, but the man most responsible for their recent success will move for just £16m.

It's like Sarah Connor tooling up and heading off to kill this guy.

image.thumb.png.c74ece8f096ca1d70091a53a3c6651c8.png

20 minutes ago, glb said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Man City fan post in any of the football threads in, christ almighty, 14 years of visiting here.

Wouldn’t know what to say to one really, “well done on your really good, billion pound side”?

@tyler is the only one, I think. 

58 minutes ago, spork said:

How dare we all laugh at little plucky Liverpool's misfortunes :quote:

Nah go for it. We take our licks like everyone else. 

We've had it so good for a while many became spoiled. My teenage son can't get his head around having bad spells as he just has no knowledge of the bad years. It's almost funny listening to him 

1 minute ago, Jolly said:

My youngest is just about to turn 10 and has a few mates that support Man City. We live in Essex. The fans are definitely coming, we're just the wrong age as @Naysonymous suggests above. 

i'm so sorry, you must be devastated

6 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

Meh, every generation produces fans who started off watching the biggest, most successful clubs on television. There's a reason the Everton/Liverpool ratio on the forum isn't 1:1.

Not enough computers to access the forum in the big blue house on County Road?

7 hours ago, The Fox said:

Wonder who Brighton will get in to replace Potter? Pretty shitty time to have to replace him, but presumably they have had some sort of contingency plan in mind for a while as his profile has grown.

I was accepting that Potter would take the 3 people he came with but to take our goalkeeping coach and Bruno is annoying to say the least.

The favourite is apparently some Norwegian Black Metal guy I've never heard of and has coached in Norway only although he beat Roma 6-1 once. There's the Australian at Celtic who by all accounts is great but I don't see why he'd leave Celtic for us particularly after we punished them with Shane Duffy for a season.

Names linked who I don't want - Brendan Rogers, Steve Cooper & eternal victim, Scott Parker.

5 hours ago, bradigor said:

Nah go for it. We take our licks like everyone else. 

We've had it so good for a while many became spoiled. My teenage son can't get his head around having bad spells as he just has no knowledge of the bad years. It's almost funny listening to him 

Tell him it will be ok, im sure a few hundred million will be thrown at the squad again and then David can go after Goliath again 😂

53 minutes ago, DirkCrisis said:

I was accepting that Potter would take the 3 people he came with but to take our goalkeeping coach and Bruno is annoying to say the least.

The favourite is apparently some Norwegian Black Metal guy I've never heard of and has coached in Norway only although he beat Roma 6-1 once. There's the Australian at Celtic who by all accounts is great but I don't see why he'd leave Celtic for us particularly after we punished them with Shane Duffy for a season.

Names linked who I don't want - Brendan Rogers, Steve Cooper & eternal victim, Scott Parker.

What in the name of God has Parker done to be linked? Like, at all?

It might be a simple case of him applying for the job.  

Brighton have to have some kind of contingency though.  Potter has been linked with other clubs for months and months.  They’d have to have been pretty stupid to not have at least entertained the idea of life without him and maybe used that prospect to draw up some kind of list of targets.