Rllmuk Top 100 Games 2022 - It's over!

Benny

27 minutes ago, Darwock said:

I’m going to have to skip finding out what the top 4 are for now and leave the thread, as I haven’t finished Elden Ring yet and know from experience that spoilers can get you in the most innocuous places. Unless Benny promises not to talk about it or post any screenshots.

May I direct the esteemed gentle(wo)man to our choice menu selection, to easily pick your favourite entries, in the OP.

As for spoilers, you will never find such things in my reviews.

3 hours ago, Benny said:

I WONDER WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE LEFT

Of course, the positioning might be surprising

Elden Ring, then Resi, then BotW at the top. Because hivemind.

Well, based on the entries from my top ten that haven't yet had a mention, I'm surprised but delighted that the top 3 must in fact be Gone Home, Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, and Thief: The Dark Project. Excellent news, well done, I'll not be checking the thread again to confirm this fact.

3 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Elden Ring, then Resi, then BotW at the top. Because hivemind.

Resi, BOTW, then Elden ring because new stuff that is fresh in peoples minds always gets a huge boost,

I think the opposite will be true in this case, as the voting was done before many people had even finished it and were therefore reluctant to put it too high too soon.

Anyway it’s clearly going to be BOTW in 1st place, boring though that may be.

1 hour ago, Darwock said:

Anyway it’s clearly going to be BOTW in 1st place, boring though that may be.

Boring but correct.. it's a bit like Messi in football, if BoTW is in the competition you might a well give it the first place.

Halo CE is a funny one for me. Me and my friends were heavy Perfect Dark purists when it launched, and being young IT pros we were fortunate enough to be already accustomed to local LAN UT/Q3A multiplayer for years by that point.

At least for us all it did was make local LAN play somewhat more accessible for a wider audience. Instead of 2-4 player PC LAN at my office or in my bedroom for an afternoon with some sweeties and pop it was now 8 players plus in someone’s temporarily converted living room to accommodate four TVs; doing all-nighters with weed, pizza and hip-hop. Those are my favourite memories. Matt’s place was the best because he also had an MVS 4-slot 

Rinsed the single-player and thought it was a bit boring, although just like PD it did vastly improve the skills for multiplayer. I just wanted to get back to local big team multi all the time.

Not to discredit my real-life friends, but purely from a gameplay perspective I have fonder memories of playing Halo 2 online with the NTSC-UK crowd on a nightly basis, spear-headed by @Yoshimax and @EvilBoris. As a game things felt slightly tighter and there was obviously a ton of resources dedicated to refining and expanding the multi-player side.

I can see virtual riots if BOTW comes in at 3rd. 

I would like to see Resident Evil 4 come in top. I still remember importing it for the cube so I could play it a few months early... Was amazing. Not my all time favourite, but it still holds a dear place for being my first import, and just being such a visual step up over everything else that generation. 

10 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

I can see virtual riots if BOTW comes in at 3rd. 

I would like to see Resident Evil 4 come in top. I still remember importing it for the cube so I could play it a few months early... Was amazing. Not my all time favourite, but it still holds a dear place for being my first import, and just being such a visual step up over everything else that generation. 

I did the same. I’d tried to replay the rereleases over the years but never managed to click with it again. Bolstered by my success finishing REmake with it’s insane old controls I managed to do a full playthrough recently and it’s fucking fantastic still. 

@Broker absolutely! If you have yet to play the VR version on the Quest 2 it is also sensational. 

I really cannot wait for the remake. If the same love and care has gone into it like RE2, it really will be something else. RE2 remake absolutely blew my mind. 

I managed to play RE2 remake the last day of E3 2018, and the booth was the police station, and we were given torches to navigate through the corridors. There was no jump scares but it was incredibly well put together all the same. Then sitting down with the Demo (the same as the one released), I was just in awe. Absolutely amazing. Proper life goal achieved. I also got a selfie with Ono of Street Fighter fame, and took his photo for him with the RCPD Police Car. He was incredibly hyper and just bonkers in all the right ways. 

I also have some weird nostalgia for all things Capcom since my surname is close to it. Weird to make that connection but playing Super GnG as a kid and seeing that logo, it still made me go Woooooah! Ha! 

Bring on march next year! 

Screenshot_20220816-114427~2.png

4 hours ago, Benny said:

I can confirm the next entry will NOT be Elden Ring.

Elden Ring could still be #3, because the next entry might be another hotpick!

I predict that the next entry will be the Chrome Dinosaur game.

• Benny changed the title to Rllmuk Top 100 Games 2022 - It's over!