NVIDIA 4090 $1599 Oct 12 4080 16gb $1199 4080 12gb (basically 4070ti) $899 Nov - stay warm this winter

Uzi

well, a new player has entered the game...as long as the game is DX12...and you have reBar...

its genuinely impressive...and terrible, depending on the game (yes ive posted the in the other thread)

It seems nvidia was absolutley right when they say you need RT hardware to RT, as ARC has it, and it also shits all over amd in RT!

2 hours ago, Len said:

It's a big boy, but there are some 30xx cards bigger. Obviously, when the third party cards are on full display I fully expect the nVidia one to look twee, but there we go.

I'm just thinking that this card is definitely going to need a support in the case - I assume they're not going to be generous enough to provide one! 

I'm also going to have to root through my loft and find a couple more power cables - using four of the sodding things to power the card is not going to make for tidy cable management :( 

7 hours ago, Lying Cat said:

Just popping in to confirm that I’m still not buying one, and the fact that I’ve taken the 12th off work is purely so I can text my reflexes of getting one into a basket and my willpower for not buying it.

I've always loved you @Lying Cat

:wub:

38 minutes ago, Wiper said:

What the fuck. A graphics card rubbing shoulders with a console notable for being too big for most TV cabinets. That's actually grotesque.

I love this direction. In a housing crisis we are getting pcs that need to be big enough that you need to live in. With a powerful heating system pre installed too. 

2 hours ago, Wiper said:

What the fuck. A graphics card rubbing shoulders with a console notable for being too big for most TV cabinets. That's actually grotesque.

Grotesquely beautiful, right? ;)

7 hours ago, Captain Kelsten said:

Imagine the fucking sag on that thing. Surely the weight of it over time would snap the slots? Pull the motherboard down? 

Nah, the mobo would be fine I reckon. The actual connectors of the card to the motherboard might well snap though!

11 hours ago, Captain Kelsten said:

Imagine the fucking sag on that thing. Surely the weight of it over time would snap the slots? Pull the motherboard down? 

You'd want some kind of brace propping it up, I think.

Just wait until GPUs start shipping with extendable legs as a feature. :D

Well, I'm going to assume reviews for this will be dropping tomorrow and we can see just how beefy the thing is. 

I'm slightly more interested in knowing just how much these fucking cards are going to be in the UK. If I can't get a Founders one, I'm not entirely convinced I want to fork out another £200-£300 more...There are only so many kidneys I can lose before things get...problematic.

JoeK now regrets not having kids.