Jump to content

NVIDIA 4090 $1599 Oct 12 4080 16gb $1199 4080 12gb (basically 4070ti) $899 Nov - stay warm this winter


Uzi
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, choddo said:

Boys I am not seeing any now redundant 3080s in Trading. What’s the word?


You missed mine, @Uzi sold his bloody ages ago, and I can only assume @Moz saw your pleas and has decided you don’t deserve it and should buy a 4090 instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Moz said:

@choddo I’ll be selling a well-kept Zotac 3080, honestly don’t know the going rate though. 

 

I checked eBay for you, and it's currently coming out at two packets of Monster Munch and a Snickers bar. I'll do three packs, and pay you 45p per mile for you to drop it over. I'm in all day tomorrow.

 

After breakfast would be best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lying Cat said:

 

I checked eBay for you, and it's currently coming out at two packets of Monster Munch and a Snickers bar. I'll do three packs, and pay you 45p per mile for you to drop it over. I'm in all day tomorrow.

 

After breakfast would be best.

 

Pickled onion or beef, it's extremely important?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Len said:

 

Pickled onion or beef, it's extremely important?

 

I don't actually have any Monster Munch here, but I figure that by the time he's driven all that way he'll just give me the card for a Snickers bar* because it's a faff and he might as well not completely waste the trip.

 

* Of which I have none of either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thing is mental. Finished Metro Exodus last night. Everything on extreme, didn't see a dip below 140fps at 4K using DLSS quality mode. 

Worryingly I am seeing a few games erroneously exit though, with no real warning. Not bluescreening or anything, just dumping me back to the desktop. Very generic application error in the event log. It's just as likely to be an old Windows 10 install upgraded to Win 11, with multiple drivers hanging around etc. Might be time for a clean install. But I'll see how it goes. Hoping it's not a power issue, I haven't seen it draw more than 300w when I've been watching the performance counter though it's not very scientific. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Moz said:

This thing is mental. Finished Metro Exodus last night. Everything on extreme, didn't see a dip below 140fps at 4K using DLSS quality mode. 

Worryingly I am seeing a few games erroneously exit though, with no real warning. Not bluescreening or anything, just dumping me back to the desktop. Very generic application error in the event log. It's just as likely to be an old Windows 10 install upgraded to Win 11, with multiple drivers hanging around etc. Might be time for a clean install. But I'll see how it goes. Hoping it's not a power issue, I haven't seen it draw more than 300w when I've been watching the performance counter though it's not very scientific. 

 

What CPU have you got? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5800x, so absolute maximum 142w, but less than that in most scenarios.

 

I lazily did an sfc /scannow which found a few corrupt files and repaired them (woah). I probably needed to do a clean install of the Nvidia drivers and software to be honest, which I didn't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Power delivery shouldn't be causing crashes but you could plug up that forth connector for redundancies sake. 

 

I've been using mine all weekend pretty much on Cyberpunk, Plague Tale 2, FHorizon 5 etc and it hasn't skipped a beat. 

 

Re undervolting, saw this being mentioned and this is the guy who did the main 30 series undervolting videos. I've also seen youtube thumbnails that say DEFINITELY undervolt so I dunno, I'm just gonna leave it at stock for now

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Uzi said:

Power delivery shouldn't be causing crashes but you could plug up that forth connector for redundancies sake. 

 

I've been using mine all weekend pretty much on Cyberpunk, Plague Tale 2, FHorizon 5 etc and it hasn't skipped a beat. 

 

Re undervolting, saw this being mentioned and this is the guy who did the main 30 series undervolting videos. I've also seen youtube thumbnails that say DEFINITELY undervolt so I dunno, I'm just gonna leave it at stock for now

 

 


Got my info from this Reddit thread, seems people are seeing great results from undervolting

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, spanx said:


Got my info from this Reddit thread, seems people are seeing great results from undervolting

 

 

 

I think the issue with that is its from a sythentic benchmark. 

 

I've checked afterburner and even in maxed out games at 4k the 4090 is pulling 250 to 380 Watts in the games I ran Inc cyberpunk so I think the gpu is regulating itself pretty well so I'm not sure undervolting is strictly necessary. I've not seen a game pull 450 yet myself 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I genuinely think the design of the nvidia cards is wonderful. I absolutely love it. 

 

It's just such a shame the design is blotted by the cables. I'm lucky - my case is fucking cavernous and I don't have any issues with the thing overly getting stressed, but it's still so ugly and cumbersome.

 

I almost want to buy a new PSU simply because of this offense to my design sensibilities...

 

almost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Len said:

You know where that sort of thinking leads...

 

Which ones are you eyeing up? ;)

 

I'm most certainly not thinking of it...

 

...but if I were thinking of it, it would be a toss-up between a Be-Quiet one or a Seasonic one.

 

But I'm most certainly not thinking of it...

 

...

 

...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 5R7 said:

:blink2:

 

Like @JoeK said I'm not too worried with warranty cover and the trend online to blow things out of proportion. If adaptors were going haywire there would have been more than a few instances on reddit and at the same time, it being publicised by a huge youtube channel also gives it enough coverage to show it is an pointable issue for a warranty claim. Uk law (for now) still has pretty strong consumer rights.

 

I'll wait until cable mod release their 90 degree adaptor at the end of this week but until then I'm not too bothered. I'll live dangerously for psycho RT cyberpunk and 120hz 4k eye candy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Isaac said:

I'm beginning to kind of want one of these, but I also want a 42" OLED, and bang for buck wise, I'm pretty sure I'll get more out of the OLED (given I already have a 3080)

Through a samsung price promise scheme and trading in a broken tv i got for free from a family member, I got the Samsung S95B for £749 lel

 

Black friday should have some deals on 42's

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.