NVIDIA 4090 $1599 Oct 12 4080 16gb $1199 4080 12gb (basically 4070ti) $899 Nov - stay warm this winter

Uzi

My 3080ti might well have to last me a little longer I think. The psychological aspect of a price over £1500 feels significant to me and I’m aware that that is a silly notion really. 

1 minute ago, Rsdio said:

Can't believe they're essentially selling a 4070 for £949. "They've rebadged it, you fool!"

They're basically "you want affordable gpus? Why look at all the 30 series stock we still have sir"

Just now, Uzi said:

The £649 3080 which was basically a cut down 3090 was a flash in the pan, never happening again. Sucks.

Aye, although unlike last gen I’d be surprised if those prices hold up. Surely bargains to be had in a year or so? Without eth mining and the crazy Covid fuelled boom, let alone the cost of living crisis and the insane mark-ups, I expect discounting to kick in at some point. 

Well hopefully

I'm just curious about how they are planning to butcher these monsters down enough for them to produce any sort of laptop version. Obviously the laptop 3080s were no match for a desktop GPU but the gap between desktop and laptop will be even greater this time around as they can't just throw more wattage at their laptop offerings. 

I do wonder of the prices we’re getting means we’ll actually get price parity with other card manufacturers and not get the ludicrous differences we had when nvidia had the bright idea to have the rrp of the 3080 card at under £700. 

I dunno, I feel my nerd instincts cooling terribly. 

Shocking really.

3 minutes ago, JoeK said:

I do wonder of the prices we’re getting means we’ll actually get price parity with other card manufacturers and not get the ludicrous differences we had when nvidia had the bright idea to have the rrp of the 3080 card at under £700. 

I dunno, I feel my nerd instincts cooling terribly. 

Shocking really.

I doubt it, nvidia sets pricing with AIBs so can't go below their own RRP, to make anything might need to go a bit above (maybe why EVGA said fuck it). I have no doubt FE cards will be cheapest.

Doubt AMD will undercut them hideously either. They will still be behind on feature set, similar raster for less power I'm guessing but only marginally undercut like they did with RDNA2

8 minutes ago, Uzi said:

I doubt it, nvidia sets pricing with AIBs so can't go below their own RRP, to make anything might need to go a bit above (maybe why EVGA said fuck it). I have no doubt FE cards will be cheapest.

Doubt AMD will undercut them hideously either. They will still be behind on feature set, similar raster for less power I'm guessing but only marginally undercut like they did with RDNA2

Yeah, although there's room to undercut Nvidia by a decent amount here whilst still being in 'extortionate' territory and they'd come out of it looking like the good guys into the bargain. They must be pretty delighted.

I’ll try and order one just for fun vs. the bots. Although I’m not at all invested in the idea that’s some nice additional performance for CP2077. It’ll be a tax free business purchase, plus I can sell the 3080FE.

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

I don't need any of these for 1440p to replace my 3070, right?

Dude I'm running 1440 with a 2080ti. You're fine.

You only need (lol) one of these if you're a keep up the joneses nerd or absolutely balls deep rabid about 4k ultra.

Oof those Flight Sim numbers are strong. Mind you, it’s not really a game that neeeeds 60fps+. It’s immaterial anyway, I can’t spend £1300 on a new GPU, I need to buy furniture and shot for my new house