EFL League 1, League 2, National League and below FOOTBALL 2022/23

neoELITE

EFL League 1, League 2 and National Leagues FOOTBALL 2022/23  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Crawley were the club that rehabilitated the odious Steve Evans after he drove Boston United to the brink using, among other things, tax evasion. As proof that there is no justice in the world, they earned £1m from a cup tie away at Old Trafford and he's bounced between clubs ever since, earning a reputation for touchline behaviour (including a six match ban for verbally abusing a female member of Bradford's staff) , shit football and abusing officials that Neil Warnock would consider a bit much.

On 22/08/2022 at 15:37, SeanR said:

I was just saying in the arsenal thread, me and the boy have finally plucked up the courage to get tickets for Bromley FC vs Scunthorpe 

0-0 at half-time

11380B9E-DF99-4E5E-A122-6F4E2B12EE54.jpeg.58ef86355a454cbf329d409d7b7bde3c.jpeg

2 red cards, one a piece.

except Scunthorpe’s red was the coach…

Edited by SeanR

12 minutes ago, SeanR said:

then he got sent off for invading the away dugout or something. We were behind the floodlight when it happened…

Looked like he had words with the ref and got booked, then followed up with some more for the red. I was sat on the opposite side though so hard to tell exactly what happened.

Yeah clearly make Arsenal your second team and go and watch Bromley all the time. Always got the impression that they're a decent club to support. Quite a few close away games for you too. Go to one or two of those.

We might have won 3-2 yesterday at Woking, but again it wasn't a completely convincing away performances against 10 men. Elliot Lee on from the bench once more to change the game.

I was impressed with our other TV appearance of the week in the first two episodes of Welcome to Wrexham.  Title credits and the changing room scene in the last game of the covid season against Dagenham effectively tugging the fuck out of my heartstrings. Reckon I'll be getting more emotional at game footage than I actually felt being there and watching it in real time. Those manipulative bastards. Even Grimsby fans will be rooting for us in the final episode of the series.  Hard for me to fully judge how successful it is as a piece of storytelling given it's all so familiar, but I think they do capture that period of the club really well within the constraints of two half hour episodes and all they had to cram into them. Highly recommend it! I like to think the bloke with the tache from Frankie Goes to Hollywood is now the world's second most famous Paul Rutherford.

Ipswich have signed the worst and best midfielder in League 1. 

Panutche Camara leaves us for an undisclosed fee but it is reported to be £500k. We picked him up for free. 

Last season, he was either a match winner or a total liability, often in the space of ten minutes. 

He's a very likeable chap though. 

Good luck Pan.

Luke Jephcott, an academy product who has scored 29 in two seasons in League 1 goes off to Swindon on loan with an option to buy. I'm surprised at that. In his place, we got Sam Cosgrove in on loan from Birmingham. I'm unhappy with that as he's awful, won't suit how we play and his goalscoring record is abysmal. 

On 01/09/2022 at 21:33, neoELITE said:

Ipswich have signed the worst and best midfielder in League 1. 

Panutche Camara leaves us for an undisclosed fee but it is reported to be £500k. We picked him up for free. 

Last season, he was either a match winner or a total liability, often in the space of ten minutes. 

He's a very likeable chap though. 

Good luck Pan.

Luke Jephcott, an academy product who has scored 29 in two seasons in League 1 goes off to Swindon on loan with an option to buy. I'm surprised at that. In his place, we got Sam Cosgrove in on loan from Birmingham. I'm unhappy with that as he's awful, won't suit how we play and his goalscoring record is abysmal. 

2-0 down and Cosgrove scores two. We win 3-2. 

2800 away fans at Pride Park. 

FB_IMG_1662274581678.jpg.b51907634ca2992442c76334f0e5e165.jpg

Yeah, top 4 in the league the only 4 teams capable of winning the league. That's sorted itself out pretty quickly.

So today we played.

Won 5 nil and were treated to a fantastic 18 rated post match interview by their owner and manager who is ace.

12 hours ago, merman said:

Sone Aluko out for months with knee and hamstring injuries, but Conor Chaplin keeps sticking them in the net. 2-0 win at Accrington keeps us top. 

Just had a look at your fixtures/results. You've not really had a tough game yet other than Barnsley at home.

We've played Peterborough, Barnsley, Derby and Bolton and Charlton away. We got 12 points from those games. 

We have Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Oxford and you lot this month. Our opening fixtures have been rather difficult but then, if you want to be promoted, you have to beat other teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Another solid home performance from us and another clean sheet to beat Oxford 1-0. We have won all four at home and haven't conceded in six hours. We're third behind Portsmouth and Ipswich who are our next two fixtures. 

Minute silence and God Save The King and everything was back to normal. I didn't sing and not many around me sang either. Most of the talk before kick off was about annoyance with the EFL postponing the weekend games. 

We played well and really did miss a hatful of chances. We could easily been 2-0 up in ten minutes. Wide, over, shots blocked. The stats were 22 shots, 5 on target. We're a real attacking threat this season but just need to be more clinical. 1-0 flattered Oxford who I thought looked quite poor. 

Derby incredibly frustrating this season. We're near the top of the xG charts but just can't put our chances away whilst giving away cheap goals. I've faith in the project as we're creating chances but we're going to need more killer edge if we're going to get top 6.

41 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I think it’s a great measure of how well the coach and tactics are working. What issue do you have with what I’ve said?

I just don't like all this XG bollocks as I'm old school.  Expected goals are all well and good but they're based upon what exactly after just eight games?  It would probably have a bit more relevance for me if all the teams stayed in the same league every year and for all the same players to be playing in the same positions every game.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works but we're a fairly settled squad in League 1 (we have players who've been with us 3, 4, 5 seasons) but every year, the squad is changed considerably.

Not having a personal go - this is a friendly thread for friendly people who all support fairly rubbish sides in the grand scheme of things.