EFL League 1, League 2, National League and below FOOTBALL 2022/23

neoELITE

EFL League 1, League 2 and National Leagues FOOTBALL 2022/23  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Expected goals are all well and good but they're based upon what exactly after just eight games?

An awful lot. You should read up on it. I can completely understand why there’s a large spectrum between giving it zero or a lot of credence. I’m definitely sceptical but, as I said above, I think it gives a good idea of how well a team both creates and stops chances. 

On 17/09/2022 at 17:17, neoELITE said:

Portsmouth 2 Plymouth Argyle 2

Every fucking time.

@Coltrane. If we did anything, it'd be a bloody draw.

A point away is usually a good result but conceding in injury time feels disappointing. 

Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 Ipswich

Being 2-0 up and conceding late goals feels disappointing, especially as many claim the second Sheffield goal was offside.

Worse was the Owls “fans” throwing objects including a lighter onto the pitch and at the Ipswich keeper. No need for that.

A top of the table clash today at Home Park. We welcome Ipswich Town. Our home form is p 4 w 4 and we have yet to concede at home. Ipswich's away form is very good but apparently, it's on Sky, they've only won 2 televised games in 32. 

I'm not that confident. It's too early too. Had my lunch an hour ago. 

7 minutes ago, Plissken said:

The collision beforehand?  Ref had a good view and if it was me it would have been a case of "you were looking for that".

Just watched a replay in the social club. The Ipswich player tried to buy a foul there. Glad the ref didn't fall for it. I also saw the Morsy challenge on Adam Randell. What a cowardly piece of shit he is. I'm happy he's on the losing team. I love a hard challenge but that was out of order.

I'm still buzzing. The atmosphere was incredible. 

Almost went top of the league for the last three games ourselves, but Chesterfield keep coming up with a goal to keep their run going. All very competitive at the top right now. Langstaff banging them in for Notts County who seem to be winning most games comfortably.

6-0 thumping of Torquay for us with 29 goals in 10 this season. God knows what the stats are for goals at the Racecourse since the start of the year, but I'm imagining it's a bit daft. Translating that dominance into more away games is the key which has yet to really happen with any kind of consistency. We were a bit fortunate to get a point away at Southend last weekend. Interesting comparing us to the same point last season though which is relatively close to where they are up to with the documentary The squad is considerably better now. Using Elliot Lee as a sub to rest Paul Mullin for the last 20 minutes of games a pretty extravagant use of our resources.

A much trickier October coming up though.

Just now, MikeBeaver said:

Let's see if Ipswich can hold on to this lead and NOT give them yet another fucking penalty!!

Two of your players shouldn't even be playing today. Morsy shouldn't be allowed on a pitch, he's a thug. I hope Pompey equalise. 

2 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Clapping a cowardly studs in stamp on one of our player's knees? Well done. Hopefully your tractor breaks down before 5pm. 

I prefer Norwich. 

Not seen it tbh, apologies if that' what happened, should have been dealt with by the pitch staff at the time though, can't say I've heard anything about it, but then it is Leaue 1, it doesn't get the same press the Prem an Championship do.

You're very welcome to prefer Norwich, they've never won anything of note 😛

We have Wednesday at home on Tuesday. We've won every home game. If we win that, I'll start believing. Our fixtures have been horrendous. We've played and beaten.

Ipswich

Wycombe

Derby

Peterborough

Oxford

We drew away at Portsmouth.

That's four teams you expect to be up there. Oxford aren't too shabby either. We lost away at Fleetwood. The draw at Portsmouth was a 94th minute Pompey equaliser. It's our best start since 1929. 

See how you feel after Tuesday wev. I'll be delighted with a draw. 

I don't think we've cracked our away performances quite yet with a poor first half. Our stronger subs and Oldham tiring helping the comeback today, but what a win!

2-1 to go top of the league as Chesterfield run out of late comebacks.

BT Sport don't seem to be showing it, which is a shame.

Catching up with the Disney+ show, on the episode where Ryan and Rob first go to Wrexham and start asking people's opinions and not only did that come across as brave but I got the impression that bought alot of the more die hard fans who may have been sceptical on side?

31 minutes ago, wev said:

Catching up with the Disney+ show, on the episode where Ryan and Rob first go to Wrexham and start asking people's opinions and not only did that come across as brave but I got the impression that bought alot of the more die hard fans who may have been sceptical on side?

Numbers sceptical about the owners and whether they are good for Wrexham have always been pretty tiny. But yeah, I think those that were have softened their opinion over the last year as the pair have been to more matches and appear even more committed to the club over a longer than initially expressed time frame. I've seen it in one of my mates. There has been and remains question marks over Shaun Harvey's involvement and one or two decisions that he and Fleur Robinson have made though. That's more widespread. It was good to see them actively looking for unfiltered fan opinion when they were over for that game, presumably that's continued. 

Any Wrexham fan questioning the massive investment and the exposure should probably stop supporting Wrexham. Paul Mullin wouldn't have signed for Wrexham if it wasn't for the money. He's a League 1 striker. 

Plymouth Argyle offered him a contract. We're top of League 1. He turned us down. It would have been £6k+ a week given what our team are on. I know Wilson is on £7k a week. 

2 all draw with Bristol Rovers today.

A very scrappy game but an entertaining second half with 4 goals. Disappointing to concede in injury time but a fair result.

A sellout, which was nice!

Found out as we were leaving the ground that our manager, Matt Taylor, has been approached by Rotherham. Gulp.

59 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Any Wrexham fan questioning the massive investment and the exposure should probably stop supporting Wrexham. Paul Mullin wouldn't have signed for Wrexham if it wasn't for the money. He's a League 1 striker. 

Plymouth Argyle offered him a contract. We're top of League 1. He turned us down. It would have been £6k+ a week given what our team are on. I know Wilson is on £7k a week. 

It's not so much a completely against Rob and Ryan stance. More a this might not be all good stance. And generally this comes from people who were most committed to fan ownership, perhaps actively involved in the WST like one of my mates. It's quite a dramatic turn around to make to be against private ownership as a default position and then find yourself even owned by good people so clearly not in it for the wrong reasons.  Like I've said though, I've gradually seen this evaporate over time. His natural position on the documentary was one of negatively, but then that's been brilliant. This weeks Hooligan episode a miss step, but generally brilliant. So that's another positive.

Mullin was looking to sign for clubs closer to Liverpool. I got the impression that he was desperate to move back home if he could. Clubs around the north west will have been on his short list, but I'm not sure Plymouth will have been. But yeah, obviously we'll also be paying him quite a bit more than 6k a week too.

1 hour ago, neoELITE said:

Based on your posts elsewhere I thought you'd be the last person saying something like this, fans are more than entitled to question the investment and integrity of their clubs owners, you only have to look one position lower in the league than Wrexham to see what the wrong people can do to a club