Women's EURO 2022

Danster

Watching the footy, listening to the cricket. Love the fact that the entire commentary team on the footy is female. They haven't even thrown in a token male. It does make you realise how skewed it's been in the past. Rooting for Austria. They feel like they deserve something, but Germany's lead was well won.

Austria have impressed but just lack that little extra so far. They are capable of getting something though, just whether they can do it whilst keeping it to just one goal against 

That should've been two to Germany. (I'd have missed it because I get a rush of blood to the head with even a sniff of goal, and will sky it from 2 yards out, but a pro should have maybe slotted that one in).

The ball is just attracted to Renard every time the ball goes near the French goal. 

Every time I see her o can't help but be impressed. Both at club and international level.

25 minutes ago, bradigor said:

The ball is just attracted to Renard every time the ball goes near the French goal. 

Every time I see her o can't help but be impressed. Both at club and international level.

Ironically given who she is playing against, but I get strong Virgil Van Dyk vibes from her.

Diani is a lovely player as well.

It worries me for England how well the French and Cascarino in particular attacked the full backs. That was a weakness for us against Spain.  Do Germany have the same threat?

It’s difficult for an Englishman to say they’d prefer to play Germany in any tournament match but France worry me more.

Still one game at a time, let’s worry about Sweden first etc etc.

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

Did anybody manage to get tickets for tomorrow? 

Nope, been nigh on impossible to get tickets for the knockout stages now. Glad we got the two Germany games we managed to. 

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Nope, been nigh on impossible to get tickets for the knockout stages now. Glad we got the two Germany games we managed to. 

There are tickets for the Germany semi final in MK on Wednesday. Just had a sneaky look for the Bramall Lane one now.

5 minutes ago, GaryC said:

There are tickets for the Germany semi final in MK on Wednesday. Just had a sneaky look for the Bramall Lane one now.

Unfortunately, my partner is working, so wouldn't get home in time. Will make do with TV and be happy we made some of them :) 

They released extra tickets for both semi finals at 10am yesterday.

Midweek in Milton Keynes or Sheffield was never going to happen but I'm hoping they release more tickets for the final.

38 minutes ago, Gigga said:

They released extra tickets for both semi finals at 10am yesterday.

Midweek in Milton Keynes or Sheffield was never going to happen but I'm hoping they release more tickets for the final.

There will be about 50,000 released if Sweden wins tonight.

Quick one for those interested, as this has been fairly active. 

I was going to start a Women's Football 2022/23 thread, but now wondering if it is worth doing a Women's Sport thread instead. What think you better brains than I?