Women's EURO 2022

Danster

6 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

Go for it. I'll just continually blather on about how Ebony Rainford-Brent is the best cricket commentator around. Could listen to her all day. 

Cool, I'll do it after the final of the Euros :)

20 hours ago, Gabe said:

Did anybody manage to get tickets for tomorrow? 

Didn’t realise it was in Sheffield until other day. Few friends going as they bought them during group stages.

If anyone has a couple going let me know.

edit: I hear transfers are now closed. 

4 hours ago, bradigor said:

Quick one for those interested, as this has been fairly active. 

I was going to start a Women's Football 2022/23 thread, but now wondering if it is worth doing a Women's Sport thread instead. What think you better brains than I?

Why not both?

I'd say it's worth starting a dedicated women's football thread, because your 2019-20 women's thread was popular (348 replies!).  But then the thread for 20-21 (COVID season) didn't go anywhere (2 replies), then I don't think there was one for 21-22.

I’ve got two tickets for final (1 adult/1 child) that I can’t use.

Can be transferred to ‘friends and family’ if they download the app.  I’d rather not give them away for free, but obviously not looking to make a profit on them so if anyone’s interested in them let me know.

12 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Pathetic refereeing not to book Bjorn then.

Especially when Lauren Hemp is just running past that player every time she gets the ball. An early yellow to a wide defender is a massive disadvantage and Sweden should be thanking that ref. 

Absorbing half, but what a well-taken goal. 45 minutes to go!

Does it annoy anybody else that they feel the need to bring some male pundits on for the bigger games? Why not stick with having an all-female punditry team?

Great to go in 1-0 up after a nervy half.  Sweden were probably the better team, but Mead took her goal beautifully.  She made it look straightforward, but it really wasn't, to control that ball from behind her and then hit it so well on the volley.  After the goal, England looked much better.

2 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Absorbing half, but what a well-taken goal. 45 minutes to go!

Does it annoy anybody else that they feel the need to bring some male pundits on for the bigger games? Why not stick with having an all-female punditry team?

In all fairness one is the current Arsenal coach and Swedish and Ian Wright had been a massive ally to women's football over the years.

2 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Great to go in 1-0 up after a nervy half.  Sweden were probably the better team, but Mead took her goal beautifully.  She made it look straightforward, but it really wasn't, to control that ball from behind her and then hit it so well on the volley.  After the goal, England looked much better.

I think recent tournament history was weighing on their shoulders a bit. So it was to be expected. Hopefully they play with a bit more freedom in the second half and take the chances Sweden will present them as they look for the equaliser.

Jonas Eidevall is an excellent pundit and I'm sure BBC would have used Emma Hayes if she hadn't already been snapped up by ESPN. 

Got a lot of time for Fara Wiliams too; her story is well worth reading if you don't know about her. Was homeless for about 6 months when she first started playing professional football and has subsequently done huge amounts of voluntary work for homeless causes.