PSA: If you have a PS5, you can redeem 6 months of Apple TV+ free by 22nd July 2022

SMD

Might be a stupid question ( actually it almost certainly is ) but is the trial locked to the ps5 ? I presume I can watch it on other devices … but you know, it wouldn’t surprise me if you can’t . 

Is it supposed to flash up a message or confirmation of some kind? I’m already logged in with an Apple ID, but my sub expired at the start of the month, and still says expired. 

(I think I’m getting TV+ through a friend’s family account at the moment, which might be why it’s all a bit blah blah blah)

I signed in using my iPad and I got an email notification of both the sign in and the subscription.

Email contents:

Spoiler

Dear ,

You have accepted the following offer:

AppApple TV

SubscriptionApple TV+

Date Accepted 14 July 2022

TrialFree for 6 months, starting 14 July 2022

Offer£0.00 per month for 6 months, starting 14 July 2022

Subscription Price£4.99/month, starting 14 January 2023

Payment methodStore Credit

Your subscription automatically renews until cancelled.

To avoid being charged, you must cancel at least one day before each renewal date. To learn more or cancel, review your subscription.

Sincerely,
Apple

Thanks for the heads-up on this @SMD 👍

Even better - I recently had to have my iPad battery replaced which resulted in them giving me another, re-conditioned, iPad. When I went to sign in to Apple TV on it after taking the Playstation deal, it told me I had 3-months free Apple TV with my "new" iPad, which has stacked on the 6-months PS5 deal, so I now have free Apple TV until next April. Result! :)

7 hours ago, SMD said:

I signed in using my iPad and I got an email notification of both the sign in and the subscription.

Email contents:

Hide contents

Signed into what? The PS app, TV+, the website or something else?

51 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Signed into what? The PS app, TV+, the website or something else?

You do everything on the PS5, once you're signed up you're good to go on any device.

20 minutes ago, SMD said:

You do everything on the PS5, once you're signed up you're good to go on any device.

Oh, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were given the sub when you logged into your iPad. Cheers for clarifying :) 

4 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Oh, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were given the sub when you logged into your iPad. Cheers for clarifying :) 

No I was just confirming that once you redeem the offer, you can use the service on other devices :)

Thanks for the reminder about this. I was halfway through sorting it out at the start of the year but held off as I wanted to finish something else before starting to binge Apple TV stuff, but subsequently forgot all about it. 

Halfway through Severence at the moment, and it's been great so far.