8BitDo announces new Ultimate Controller - three versions: Bluetooth, 2.4g & Wired, charging dock

SMD

Introducing 8BitDo Ultimate Controller. Comes in three versions: Bluetooth, 2.4g & Wired. The Bluetooth and 2.4g versions include a charging dock.

61dpejrmW9L._SL1500_.jpg

51EtAJlsHNL._SL1500_.jpg

No Amazon UK links that I can see of, so far.

12 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Will it be able to turn the Switch on from standby, though? That's the real question.

Probably not. 

I think the Pro 2 could be the best controller out there, so that bodes well for this! 

24 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Will it be able to turn the Switch on from standby, though? That's the real question.

Their other controllers have an obvious USP - the SNES pad and the Sega pad, mainly - so it’s easy to forgive this, but harder when the pad is more generic. 

They have excellent build quality and are very competitively priced though, which might be enough to convince those who are mainly looking for a more affordable alternative for multiplayer. Maybe that’s the main market for this one. 

I note that 8bitdo are already selling an Xbox-branded ‘Ultimate’ controller through Amazon. It’s wired, and the listing doesn’t say what connection it uses, but presumably it’s USB, so I guess this must be the wireless version of that. 

3 minutes ago, Popo said:

I note that 8bitdo are already selling an Xbox-branded ‘Ultimate’ controller through Amazon. It’s wired, and the listing doesn’t say what connection it uses, but presumably it’s USB, so I guess this must be the wireless version of that. 

Yeah, it's the same but with the Xbox home button swapped out for 8BitDo's heart logo. It's just a way of them selling that design to the Switch/PC/Mac/mobile people. I doubt it'll work with PS5 and Series S/X without something like a Wingman or Mayflash adaptor.