Jump to content

The next Assassins Creed gameS (plural) have colon:names


SeanR
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • SeanR changed the title to The next Assassins Creed gameS (plural) have colon:names

This is the beginning of the death of AC right?

 

That point where a company invests so so hard in something that everyone just ends up confused about the offerings and never knows which one they're meant to be playing on each day of the week.

 

Two years with these all out and Ubisoft will be looking around wondering where everyone went.

 

And then... Time to reboot.

 

Maybe I should consider playing a few minutes of one

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After Valhalla I had the impression that there was this general feeling that the series had burned itself out again and was due another break and reboot. 

 

Doubling down with an overload of new AC games instead, does feel like they're on the precipice of AC going away for a good long time.

 

But what do we know, with a good bit of marketing it might become a huge casual hit and they can continue to ctrl-v new titles for decades to come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep thinking about that Sands of Time remake and whether that's an outlier or represents the state of development across the company.

 

That and the general rot at Ubisoft and the whole situation with the Singapore studio.

 

Announcing four new games in one franchise on top of a previously announced service game seems delusional.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

After Valhalla I had the impression that there was this general feeling that the series had burned itself out again and was due another break and reboot. 

 

Doubling down with an overload of new AC games instead, does feel like they're on the precipice of AC going away for a good long time.

 

But what do we know, with a good bit of marketing it might become a huge casual hit and they can continue to ctrl-v new titles for decades to come.

These announcements do feel like a reset of sorts. 

 

Mirage is going to be a more traditional AC game.

 

Red is going to be another RPG style game. 

 

Hexe seems like it'll be a another smaller scale game.

 

At the very least they are trying to move away from doing the same thing again and again until people get bored of it and it seems like there'll be a reasonable amount of time between each game. 

 

I haven't actually played any of the RPG types yet. The talk of them being a hundred hours long is intimidating to me. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, bear said:

These announcements do feel like a reset of sorts. 

 

Mirage is going to be a more traditional AC game.

 

Red is going to be another RPG style game. 

 

Hexe seems like it'll be a another smaller scale game.

 

At the very least they are trying to move away from doing the same thing again and again until people get bored of it and it seems like there'll be a reasonable amount of time between each game. 

 

I haven't actually played any of the RPG types yet. The talk of them being a hundred hours long is intimidating to me. 😂


i clocked 316hrs in acv last night, starting ragnarok is a 1hour prologue

 

mind you I kept falling asleep, woken up by the haptics from firing arrows into a wall…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, deerokus said:

Yes it definitely feels like trying to get as much out of the brand while it still has any marketability left.


I can’t make head or tail of what they all are. The front page of Resetera felt like every other thread was about a different AC game.

 

An AC set in Baghdad with a tosser from Valhalla


An AC set in a Japan.

 

An AC set during the Salem witch trials.

 

A new AC multiplayer game in the style of the ones that came with the Ezio games.

 

AC Infinity which is some kind of AC as GaaS dealio (all the recent ACs have had GaaS stuff up the wazoo so I’m not sure of the difference).

 

Is that right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/09/2022 at 20:18, deerokus said:

Apparently this is 'back to basics'. And taking out the RPG stuff. Which is a bad idea.

 

Valhalla was boring af but not because of the Rpg stuff which reinvigorated the series.


Assasins creed 2 is for me the best game in the series. You could kill people easy as the npc’s weren’t bullet sponges from what I remember. RPG elements just means more bloating. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

After Valhalla I had the impression that there was this general feeling that the series had burned itself out again and was due another break and reboot. 

 

Doubling down with an overload of new AC games instead, does feel like they're on the precipice of AC going away for a good long time.

 

But what do we know, with a good bit of marketing it might become a huge casual hit and they can continue to ctrl-v new titles for decades to come.

 

Considering people voted with their wallets and made Assassin's Creed Valhalla the most profitable game in the series and the first Ubisoft title to cross the $1 Billion landmark, it's not exactly surprising Ubisoft are giving the punters more of what they want.

 

Clint Hocking is directing Hexe so it might be interesting and it's apparently something different.

Playing a shinobi with Odyssey gamepley, could be good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mushashi said:

Considering people voted with their wallets and made Assassin's Creed Valhalla the most profitable game in the series and the first Ubisoft title to cross the $1 Billion landmark, it's not exactly surprising Ubisoft are giving the punters more of what they want.

But that's the thing. You often see the effect of a disappointing/ criticized title in a popular series in the sales of a game *after* the disappointing one. If there's a generally negative sentiment around Valhalla, whose sales were no doubt propped up by shiny new hardware games lust, surely Ubisoft is aware of it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

Wtf is the point of a cgi trailer of a game that won’t look anything like that good on release? 
 

They are just going to make whatever they do come up with look like dog shit. 
 

Great marketing there Ubi

I looked it up just now out of curiosity and it's a crossgen game... So yeah it's highly unlikely that it will look remotely similar especially in terms of crowds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

After Valhalla I had the impression that there was this general feeling that the series had burned itself out again and was due another break and reboot. 

 

Doubling down with an overload of new AC games instead, does feel like they're on the precipice of AC going away for a good long time.

 

But what do we know, with a good bit of marketing it might become a huge casual hit and they can continue to ctrl-v new titles for decades to come.


relatively there is a reboot going on.


the two main assassins creed teams are working on red and hex. The origins team will have at least seven years since origins until red comes out (six if you count the last dlc in 2018, less when you assume they’ll have provided support to other Ubisoft games - but you’d assume that wouldn’t be the whole studio). The Valhalla/watchdogs 2 team five or more.

 

mirage is a stopgap.

 

2007

2009

2010

2011

2012

2013

2014

2015

2017 (reboot)

2018

2020

2023 (mirage)

2024? (reboot, infinity wrapper)

 

presumably most of that gap is a combination of “Covid”, “not enough next gen consoles sold yet”, “Ubisoft’s internal culture eating itself and firing all the abusive creatives disrupting things”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

But that's the thing. You often see the effect of a disappointing/ criticized title in a popular series in the sales of a game *after* the disappointing one. If there's a generally negative sentiment around Valhalla, whose sales were no doubt propped up by shiny new hardware games lust, surely Ubisoft is aware of it 

 

But if it was as disappointing as you seem to be claiming then people would stop buying it as the negative word of mouth would have stopped it a while after it launched. back in 2020. Just like all the other shit games. Yet, unlike Watch Dogs: Legion, it is still being supported, nearly 2 years after launch. So Ubisoft are listening to the money, not to the cheap seats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, mushashi said:

 

But if it was as disappointing as you seem to be claiming then people would stop buying it as the negative word of mouth would have stopped it a while after it launched. back in 2020. Just like all the other shit games. Yet, unlike Watch Dogs: Legion, it is still being supported, nearly 2 years after launch. So Ubisoft are listening to the money, not to the cheap seats.

Fair enough. The criticism in our neck of the woods is indeed anecdotal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a bit rubbish that we have to wait at least another two years before a current gen only AC.  Unity was only a year after PS4Bone release.  Admittedly it doubled down on all the things that had become stale, I gave up from bordom half way through,  but 'next-gen' Paris with crowds was quite cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting if true:

 

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/assassins-creed-mirages-18-rating-leads-to-online-speculation-that-itll-include-real-money-gambling

 

Summary: Mirage has an ESRB 18+ rating for "real gambling" (ESRB's own category name). Probably not actually real money gambling, but likely some fresh circle of monetisation hell that Ubisoft have dreamt up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.ign.com/articles/what-is-assassins-creed-infinity-ubisoft-explains

 

This explains that infinity is less of a thing in itself, and more just a common menu system for accessing the games.

 

I think the brand of AC is more popular in casual circles than some might think, and so their plan to  utilise it as a banner under which they can release games of different genres, sizes and prices could be a good direction to go in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.