Should Immortality be an Edge 10?

dumpster

2 hours ago, Giddas said:

If they are dishing out retrospective 10s Dungeon Master should have had one

There are a lot of SNES, MD, PC and Amiga games which deserve one.

Classics like Day of the Tentacle, Flashback, Sonic 2, UFO Enemy Unknown, Magic Carpet, Cannon Fodder, Lemmings, Worms, Chrono Trigger, Yoshi's Island, SMB3, Super Metroid, Dune 2..... all of those are 9s or 10s. 

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

There are a lot of SNES, MD, PC and Amiga games which deserve one.

Classics like Day of the Tentacle, Flashback, Sonic 2, UFO Enemy Unknown, Magic Carpet, Cannon Fodder, Lemmings, Worms, Chrono Trigger, Yoshi's Island, SMB3, Super Metroid, Dune 2..... all of those are 9s or 10s. 

I’d rather play Mary Kate and Ashley than Flashback or Magic Carpet.

4 hours ago, BitterToad said:

Yeah two weeks later is probably long enough to realise just how wrong they got it. 

Wasn't even referring to this game actually, considering several other of the [10] games remain very contentious, years after release, with several people including the OP taking potshots at them in this very thread!

On 03/09/2022 at 08:52, Hitcher said:

Pointless question as everyone has differing opinions and they obviously thought so hence the score.

On 03/09/2022 at 09:12, Popo said:

It’s not a pointless question at all. 

48 minutes ago, Thor said:

Is this thread really necessary? It's not like you can change Edge's ratings. 

On 04/09/2022 at 23:04, Rex Grossman said:

I’d rather play Mary Kate and Ashley than Flashback or Magic Carpet.

I have that with GTA and the RDR games. Still at least one of each deserves the top scores considering just how much love they get.

21 hours ago, partious said:

Future generations will be match cutting and scrubbing their way through this gaming masterpiece long after the OP’s beloved blue skies arcade racers are forgotten by all and lost to time.

Brilliant, you all know me far too well.😀

I think so. It's clearly very different from Elden Ring :D but it is very different from anything else I've played and achieves its objectives.

I think I've unlocked an awful lot of the story before I've hit the credits though. I can imagine that it's possible to get there without really getting it.

And there are clear thematic parallels at multiple levels.