Edge 376 - Hyenas

Parappa

Just dropped through the door so not had chance to have a look what is in it yet however....

Spoiler

Saints Row  - 4

Rollerdrome - 6

Hard West 2 - 7

Two Point Campus - 8

Ooblets - 5

Soul Hackers 2 - 5

Cult of the Lamb - 6

Hindsight - 8

Kirbys Dream Buffet - 7

South of the Circle - 6

Cursed to Golf - 8

A fair few "oof"s on the scoring front — interested to read the takes on Soul Hackers 2 and Ooblets in particular.

This is the subscribers copy (imagine a much more vibrant orange, my poor phone isn't up to it):

20220905_115826_copy_1209x1612_copy_1143x1505.thumb.jpg.64d0ee63d524d4515cc04e6e05893df8.jpg

Alas, mine was packed poorly, glued to its own packaging; fortunately only the back, but I do prefer my magazines without extra adhesive and paper:20220905_115833_copy_1209x1612.thumb.jpg.b250c68f499ae2e63c0b14242740be03.jpg

It's a Wiper 4 from me for quality of postage. Some points saved for arriving on day 1, and for not being torn or sodden at least.

11 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The only time I remember it is when it's brought up in an Edge thread.

You agree it's ridiculous though, right? I mean, in what kind of messed up timeline is Double Dash a five?! It's preposterous. The game is a four at best.

Huh, Ooblets, haven't heard much about that since that everyone got very mad about them taking Epics money and now it seems the game wasn't worth all the fighting. Bit of a shame. 

My copy just arrived; everyone can relax.

On 05/09/2022 at 11:09, Qazimod said:

Oof, Soul Hackers 2 though.

I wasn't going to get it on day one anyway, but the thread didn't seem too down on it...

Eh, the text comes close to sounding like it complains about the game being a Soul Hackers game. Or an SMT game. Or something. I feel like fans would still enjoy it.

More in “Magazines Direct are useless”, this isn’t falling out, they glued the envelope around the bottom of the mag with all the pages flapping in the breeze:

B2E8D902-9A5F-4A53-A093-896B15CA6720.jpeg.c1f4dab4c841377caed6c0fd7dc200ec.jpeg

Maybe Future are planning to get out of the print business given how little of a crap they give.

57 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

More in “Magazines Direct are useless”, this isn’t falling out, they glued the envelope around the bottom of the mag with all the pages flapping in the breeze:

B2E8D902-9A5F-4A53-A093-896B15CA6720.jpeg.c1f4dab4c841377caed6c0fd7dc200ec.jpeg

Maybe Future are planning to get out of the print business given how little of a crap they give.

Don't tell me they stopped using plastic wrappings? I know it's for the environment, but what good is that when you paid, and all you get is a rain soaked magazine. Last month was still sent in plastic I think.

You could very well be right about them leaving the print business.