Sony State of Play, Tue 13 Sept 2022, 23:00

Calashnikov

23 hours ago, bear said:

Sounds weeby. 

I'm predicting four Square RPGS, that Capcom Dino game that isn't Dino Crisis and screw it, Tekken 8 gameplay. 

1 out of 5, I'm a genius. 

1 minute ago, makkuwata said:

I love the idea of a very confused Richard Schiff standing in a recording booth. Seems like the kind of guy who uses a typewriter to tweet.

I've got to say, having paid no attention to Ragnarok I had a brief "why the fuck is Toby Ziegler narrating this" moment. I can only imagine how much better the game would be if they captured his likeness for the role too! 

2 minutes ago, Broker said:

Kratos’ son isn’t real and he’s still a terrible child actor 

Hmm he’s pretty good in killing of a sacred deer, Mid 90s and God Of War. As child actors go he’s way up there. Plus he’s about 20 now  

2 minutes ago, Moz said:

Hmm he’s pretty good in killing of a sacred deer, Mid 90s and God Of War. As child actors go he’s way up there. Plus he’s about 20 now  

He sounded noticeably more shit than everyone else in this trailer. 

20 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Have Sega completely killed off Virtua Fighter??

No, Ultimate Showdown was essentially testing the water for a new game and considered a success - The Tekken 8 producer let slip that he’s not sure if the new Virtua game would be launching in the same timeframe as their game so although it’s just rumours it’s pretty much known to be in development.

When SEGA flashed up I thought we would be getting a teaser.

Ragnarok looks the absolute tits!!

I just hope that it doesn't do what Horizon FW did and keep throwing stuff at you to the point where I just gave up!

Edit: Ragnarok trailer is up in 4K on YouTube. Goodness me, it's gorgeous!!

13 minutes ago, Popo said:

Compare that to the density of good-to-great games coming to Switch in the next 12 months and it’s looking a bit hohum over at Sony. 

I don't get this. Nintendo also announced approximately nothing exciting either. 

Ooh a colon game. Shock.

17 minutes ago, Popo said:

Samurai Yakuza rebuilt in the Dragon engine by the looks of things. Sure to please many people here. 

Crazy stuff. I'd completely given up hope it would ever happen.

It was a PS3/PS4 game. So if true this means that technically there will be two versions of this on the PS4. Bet there will also be two translations as usual for the team (English subs and English dubs).

And on the new Team Ninja Ronin game - that's a super early announcement for a 2024 game, probably because their next game, Wo Long, is multiplatform.

2 hours ago, Wiper said:

I've got to say, having paid no attention to Ragnarok I had a brief "why the fuck is Toby Ziegler narrating this" moment. I can only imagine how much better the game would be if they captured his likeness for the role too! 

Oh bonus points for sure if he has to prance around in a skin tight capture suit.