Jump to content

Like A Dragon: Ishin - Feb 2023


Gambit
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, JoeK said:


UE4 is fine, it’s UE5 that’s the bugger at the moment.

 

Pretty sure the problem of shader compilation induced stuttering is entirely a UE problem in general, so unless you pre-cache it, like you can on a fixed hardware target like the STEAM Deck or a console, you are generally fucked:

 

Quote

The Pipeline State Object (PSO) caching tool can be used to help reduce hitching that might happen when an Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) Level loads a piece of content.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

This is up for preorder on Xbox. They’re doing that super annoying thing where if you buy the deluxe edition (which is £5 more expensive) you get three days early access.

I hate that day 1 is not day 1 crap.

 

It's inevitable that someone will ask this so might as well be me, is it coming to gamepass as the rest of the Yakuza series is already on it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

I hate that day 1 is not day 1 crap.

 

It's inevitable that someone will ask this so might as well be me, is it coming to gamepass as the rest of the Yakuza series is already on it?

Maybe at some point. Like A Dragon (Yakuza 8 ) took maybe a year to come to game pass iirc, and neither of the Judgment games have been added yet. At a guess you'd have to wait a year. It's certainly for definitely sure not a day one GP title or else it would have been announced as such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

It's inevitable that someone will ask this so might as well be me, is it coming to gamepass as the rest of the Yakuza series is already on it?

 

The entire rationale for publishers and developers of big(ish) budget game series to put their old stuff on XGP is to get people interested enough to then buy the new version for fullprice at launch on the Xbox. If it instead trains people to just wait for it to appear for 'free' on XGP, then they've just basically fucked themselves over longterm.

 

Unless people expect Microsoft to keep doing corporate welfare for the entire Japanese games industry with their funding of ports to Xbox like they have been for the past few years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, mushashi said:

 

The entire rationale for publishers and developers of big(ish) budget game series to put their old stuff on XGP is to get people interested enough to then buy the new version for fullprice at launch on the Xbox. If it instead trains people to just wait for it to appear for 'free' on XGP, then they've just basically fucked themselves over longterm.

 

Unless people expect Microsoft to keep doing corporate welfare for the entire Japanese games industry with their funding of ports to Xbox like they have been for the past few years.

I'm one of those that will be waiting! There are still several games in the Yakuza series that I've not played so plenty still to play while I wait

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

This is up for preorder on Xbox. They’re doing that super annoying thing where if you buy the deluxe edition (which is £5 more expensive) you get three days early access.

That shit is some of the most cynical cash grabbing. They are charging extra for getting the game on release day and making everyone who doesn't cough up wait. You're not paying for something extra but to prevent being punished for not paying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.