I've been promoted to Editor-in-Chief of Switch Player magazine!

Pixelated Ben

1 minute ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Is this available as a physical

mag?

Absolutely! We're looking at distribution in WH Smiths but at the moment it's only available to order online via the link above. It's a bimonthly publication. The cost including postage for one issue to a UK address is £6.49 🙂

Congratulations on the promotion

I can only say good things about switch player as I was a subscriber and loved the magazine. The only reason I stopped was due to getting rid of my Nintendo. Anyone who enjoys anything Nintendo should take a look it's really really good. 

@Fletch Thank you so much for ordering, I appreciate that so much. Please let me know what you think, because I'd appreciate the feedback.

@Jonnycash That's a really kind comment, cheers buddy! Glad you enjoyed the mag, shocked you are now Nintendo-less 😁

@Stanley No subscription model as such at the moment (other than becoming a Patreon), though it works out cheaper to buy each issue individually. There are often special offers on back issues too.

I’ve received my copy today. I haven’t read it yet, but the form factor and paper quality are beautiful, and screams quality quality quality. It makes me wish I’d kept up my print sub to Edge (even though I know I don’t have the space to store them).

I've organised a free 20-page taster edition of issue 64 of Switch Player mag (we're calling it "64 Lite"), available via the Dropbox link below.

This is currently only available here on Rllmuk, as I'd love to know what you guys think. As mentioned in my original post, raising awareness of a print publication isn't easy, so any feedback you may have would be greatly appreciated! (Especially if you're tempted to purchase the full version.) 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8md7kz2qhm59j5/PDF SPM64 Lite.pdf?dl=0

• Pixelated Ben changed the title to I've been promoted to Editor-in-Chief of Switch Player magazine! (Free PDF taster in latest post)
12 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

I’ve ordered a physical copy and looking forward to receiving…. but international postage at £6 means I’m unlikely to order many more unfortunately 😞 

International postage is such a pain, its getting worse and worse. I'm so sorry 😔 

I appreciate you buying the latest edition. 

Congrats @Pixelated Ben. I stumbled on this via an older topic here and I've been a patronising ever since. Always ger a nice feeling of excitement when the wee envelope drops through my letter box.

You joined BBC Wildlife & Blocks as my printed media fix :)

• Pixelated Ben changed the title to I've been promoted to Editor-in-Chief of Switch Player magazine!