Call Of Duty Modern Warfare II MW2 2022

englishbob

3rd person mode is an absolute revelation. It’s COD but with time to actually scope out an area and plan. Tactics rather than all of the run and gun twitch bollocks! Just by pulling the camera back a bit and letting you look around. Don’t sleep on it, it’s properly great. 

Having a blast with this tonight. It's still a fast arcade shooter, but a lot less of the million miles an hour jump, slide, laser, repeat like you get with the shit heap that was cold war. 

Enjoying the beta but frustrated how my skills fluctuate. I probs need to learn to play with higher sensitivity, not sure it's my age as a lot of folk are doing pretty well in FPS around the age of fifty.

9 minutes ago, T Pot said:

Annoying you can't fully turn off crossplay though. Normal games yeah, but invasion forces crossplay on. 

We got fucked by a bunch of PC gamers using M&KB.

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

That's online gaming now. Battlefield 2042 is getting to a place where it's a good game but I just kept losing engagements to super accurate m&k players so I gave up. Same with Warzone, but more to do with cheaters.

I remember the flack Sony were getting a few years ago for not allowing cross-play. Lots of “how dare they!” Hot-takes but I was always of the opinion that they really shouldn’t. 
So yeah, this is totally the cross-play nightmare scenario it was always going to be! 

23 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I remember the flack Sony were getting a few years ago for not allowing cross-play. Lots of “how dare they!” Hot-takes but I was always of the opinion that they really shouldn’t. 
So yeah, this is totally the cross-play nightmare scenario it was always going to be! 

I've got no problem with Crossplay, I just think it should be Opt In by default. By making it Opt out then you only get a small amount of people who care enough to actually enable it. Then forcing it on specific modes or games is just shit. 

Every year I want to get decent at CoD again but after an hour I just think "this is pish"

Even though BF2042 isnt the best (it's in much better shape now though) I just far prefer capturing points on larger maps. Weapons always feel better too. 

On 19/09/2022 at 16:12, Mikes said:

I recently updated my PC and BF4 was scratching my modern war shooter itch, but it's an 8 year old game. I'd heard BF 2042 was a bit shit. Is this new CoD what I should be looking for for a more current game?

No. You need to come play Escape from Tarkov. :)

It is OK, but weapon balance is way way off. Anything other than fast firing full auto guns are pointless.

Edit:

Just to point out how broken the balance is. I used the DMR until lvl 16 in order to unlock the SMG. Got max 3 kills per game with a KD of 0.10 perhaps. Unlocked the Hurricane.

First match with it, KD 3.50. Second match with unlocked red dot 20 kills and KD 4.0.

The really need to do some balancing before launch.

54 minutes ago, koefoed said:

It is OK, but weapon balance is way way off. Anything other than fast firing full auto guns are pointless.

Edit:

Just to point out how broken the balance is. I used the DMR until lvl 16 in order to unlock the SMG. Got max 3 kills per game with a KD of 0.10 perhaps. Unlocked the Hurricane.

First match with it, KD 3.50. Second match with unlocked red dot 20 kills and KD 4.0.

The really need to do some balancing before launch.

I think it depends on the map and how you play. If you play the normal small 6v6 modes where you're often up close, an SMG will almost always outshoot a DMR. On invasion you're much better with a medium / long range weapon.

23 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

That's online gaming now. Battlefield 2042 is getting to a place where it's a good game but I just kept losing engagements to super accurate m&k players so I gave up. Same with Warzone, but more to do with cheaters.

Hunt Showdown keeps crossplay between console players only and is a much better more interesting shooter than these COD games that get churned out very year, y'all should try it ;)

17 minutes ago, Minion said:

Hunt Showdown keeps crossplay between console players only and is a much better more interesting shooter than these COD games that get churned out very year, y'all should try it ;)

Me and the woman played it a fair bit when it came out but we kind of fell off it. Also it's an incredibly stressful experience. It is amazing ,mind.

I’ve spent about 10 hours on the beta. It’s not bad but I don’t see how it touches the original Modern Warfare 2 beyond animation and fidelity.

I don’t like how in Team Deathmatch there are no natural choke points. You’d always get areas that players would naturally congregate in, which could be held down and fought for. In this it feels like you’re constantly forced to move because there are so many exits and angles all the time. 

Maybe I’m just old…

I really wasn't feeling this last night but after unlocking the lachmann 556 it's been transformed for me. I simply can't control the recoil on the M4 and I can't hit a thing, but the lachmann is great. I mainly play ground war on MW2019, but I've actualy been back into 6v6 in this and doing quite well today after getting stomped repeatedly on day one.

In terms of ground war I think the maps are pretty bad, I don't know the names of the maps yet, but one is way too big with the points too far apart. The other two are a total mess around the central areas, they're a maze of rooftops and rooms. When you get to the point it's always contested, but there are about 80 options to check and if you move around people can hear you coming. I can't see it changing but I think they need to be simpler.

Overall the UI is poor and confusing. I hate having to scroll across to pick a class, we've somehow managed to fit 10 classes on screen before, and I don't see any reason why the tabs need to be so wide that you have to scroll. I'm confused by the unlock system for the guns, I had to level a battle rifle to unlock a AR, then level that to unlock the SMG. I know it's the base chassis for the gun, but I don't see any reason for it to be that way.

I don't like the perk system, just let me choose my perks and that should be it. I don't see any reason for them to unlock half way through the match.

I'll keep playing but I think there are some fundamental design decisions which are really weird with this, I think they're changing things for the sake of it and I don't think it adds anything to the gameplay, probably the opposite in a lot of cases.

Ground War is so much fun. Big old map, conquest, vehicles. As someone who really misses Battlefield it properly scratches that itch. I found the normal 6v6 arena maps really spawny and shit but third person, invasion and ground war have put this into a potential must buy for me and my mates. 

Played some more TDM this morning and it's just the same as it ever was. There doesn't seem anything worth paying another 60 quid when I could just play the first or even Cold War.

The bumper jumper cunts are still there, hopping around corners. The sliders seem to have been neutered thanks to the way it works now, so that's something. I'm going to give the third person and Ground War a go. I tried Invasion which just seems like massive TDM?