Readable Retro R-websites

Went for an alliterative title, failed.

Anyone got any recommendations for decent, text heavy retro gaming and technology websites?

I tend to read the news while eating my lunch in work, but the state of the world is causing me a good bit of stress. I've taken to reading Wikipedia articles about old micros and stuff, but I'm wondering if there are text equivalents of Kim Justice, RMC, Zapped to the Past, The Retro Hour and so on?

Possibly should have stuck this in ATF...?

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Anyone got any recommendations for decent, text heavy retro gaming and technology websites?

I tend to read the news while eating my lunch in work, but the state of the world is causing me a good bit of stress. I've taken to reading Wikipedia articles about old micros and stuff, but I'm wondering if there are text equivalents of Kim Justice, RMC, Zapped to the Past, The Retro Hour and so on?

Try https://www.filfre.net

13 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

No Retro Asylum mentioned in that list? 

Anyway, I’d recommend https://www.timeextension.com/ which is fairly new.

9 hours ago, Swainy said:

No Retro Asylum mentioned in that list? 

Nah, the main fella on that is dead annoying.

Huge winky smiley

I used to listen to every episode when I'd listen to podcasts basically all day every day, but I hardly listen to any since changing jobs about 6 months ago.

3 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Nah, the main fella on that is dead annoying.

Huge winky smiley

I used to listen to every episode when I'd listen to podcasts basically all day every day, but I hardly listen to any since changing jobs about 6 months ago.

Damn that job change! Spot on about the main dude on there 😂

14 minutes ago, Swainy said:

Damn that job change! Spot on about the main dude on there 😂

Podcast listening dropped off a lot when lockdown and working from home happened - no commute or annoying colleagues saw to that. My new job only has a 10-20 minute commute, which Zapped to the Past works really well for.

I did always enjoy RA, though.