Lego Brick Tales - Out Now

Ivanho

I'll be picking this up at some point. Very much enjoyed the demo for some relaxed puzzling.

23 minutes ago, SMD said:

so how does this work? i watched the trailer but i wasn't sure what the hook was, do you build your own solutions and depending on how well you design it, you succeed?

Pretty much.

Say you need to build a bridge to cross a gap...

You're taken out of the level into a slightly simplified setup (one which clearly shows the ground connection points to build between).

A selection of bricks are given to you (I believe once you've passed the puzzle with these you can redo it with any DM bricks/colours you've unlocked).

Then you build a bridge.

When you think you are done you press the Test button and a little robot attempts to navigate across your bridge. If it falls down you resume building. If it works then you go back to the level with your bridge now in it.

If the demo is still up then play that. It was a nice intro I thought.

On 15/10/2022 at 11:31, Ivanho said:

This seems to have had a quiet launch but is out now on all formats.  Looks a bit like Captain Toad but set in Lego, which is fine by me as Captain Toad was a lovely relaxing time sink.

Can anyone talk to how true this is, or is it mainly a visual similarity? I loved Toad, particularly each level being a self-contained puzzle with reasons to explore beyond the basic level of completion.

16 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

Can anyone talk to how true this is, or is it mainly a visual similarity? I loved Toad, particularly each level being a self-contained puzzle with reasons to explore beyond the basic level of completion.

There's a demo if you're on PC.

It's similarity to Toad is more setting that style of puzzle I'd say (at least from the demo). Each screen is a 3D block which you navigate around and solve little puzzles. But they're much bigger than Toad levels. It's more a 3D adventure game with Lego building adventure games. There seem to be things to collect and hidden chests but it's not a pure puzzle game like Toad imo.

2 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

Sadly not. I'll try some videos I think because it still sounds interesting but the regular Lego games leave me pretty cold.

It's very very different to the "main" Lego games. No combat. Just pretty sedate exploration and building puzzles.

I think the question will be if it can be charming/amusing enough and maintain interesting puzzles long enough.