Jump to content

World Cup Qatar 2022 - Desert Strike


Boothjan
 Share

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:


i lasted 22 minutes before turning the volume down. John, John, John etc…

 

Missing out,  already made me laugh twice. Once when they were discussing El Hadji Diouf and then again when he was asking about the drums. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Azrael said:

More entertaining than the game has been tbf 

That's an incredibly low bar to set, no matter how many times McCoist said he was enjoying it because it was open (at least 4 times in the first half, including twice within the same sentence.)

 

Both the game and McCoist are rubbish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll tell you who is a bit rubbish and that's Micah Richards. I feel a deep sense of sadness for even writing it as he seems like the nicest guy ever, but the schtick of yucking it up at everything and anything and being the butt of the laddy banter wears a bit thin after a while. I appreciate this won't be a universally held opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gabe said:

That's an incredibly low bar to set, no matter how many times McCoist said he was enjoying it because it was open (at least 4 times in the first half, including twice within the same sentence.)

 

Both the game and McCoist are rubbish.


What a misery. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Gabe said:

That's an incredibly low bar to set, no matter how many times McCoist said he was enjoying it because it was open (at least 4 times in the first half, including twice within the same sentence.)

 

Both the game and McCoist are rubbish.

 

 

2 hours ago, ChewMagma said:

 

Lmao every tournament, some of you lot would never be satisfied.


Does anyone else think the pitch’s have looked slow, in the three games so far there have been a lot of underhit passes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I'll tell you who is a bit rubbish and that's Micah Richards. I feel a deep sense of sadness for even writing it as he seems like the nicest guy ever, but the schtick of yucking it up at everything and anything and being the butt of the laddy banter wears a bit thin after a while. I appreciate this won't be a universally held opinion.

I know I'm in a minority but I love him!

 

I've watched the Top 10 series on BBC iplayer with him, Shearer and Lineker and it's really fun to watch.  

 

I mostly disagree with stuff he says but I just really like the guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stigweard said:

I like both Richards and McCoist. Both just seem to really enjoy covering football. Miles better than bland fuckers like Jenas and Tyler 

I hate the contrary nobheads like Chris Sutton.

 

And Lawrenson, naturally.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Azrael said:

 

Ffs, I missed it  as was bringing in shopping delivery. 

 

Mendy looked like he was dashing off to get his shopping too. Poor attempt to clear. Brave header though.

 

Fancied the Netherlands to go far but even with a win they look nailed on for a last-16 exit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

I'll tell you who is a bit rubbish and that's Micah Richards. I feel a deep sense of sadness for even writing it as he seems like the nicest guy ever, but the schtick of yucking it up at everything and anything and being the butt of the laddy banter wears a bit thin after a while. I appreciate this won't be a universally held opinion.

I went to school with him. His TV personal is nothing like he was back then. I suspect he created the whole persona to be popular, which it is and I quite like it.

 

He's an absolute unit too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

 

Both the game and McCoist are rubbish.

So that's currently....

Danny Murphy

Ally McCoist

Micah Richards

Clive Tyldsley

 

....Someone in here doesn't like, who else is shit?  Would we be happier with no Comms at all?

 

Edit:

Chris Sutton

Mark Lawrence 

Jermaine Jenas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

So that's currently....

Danny Murphy

Ally McCoist

Micah Richards

Clive Tyldsley

 

....Someone in here doesn't like, who else is shit?  Would we be happier with no Comms at all?

 

Edit:

Chris Sutton

Mark Lawrence 

Jermaine Jenas

 

Steve McManaman

Robbie Fowler

Michael Owen

Jamie Redknapp

Steven Gerrard

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

I like both Richards and McCoist. Both just seem to really enjoy covering football. Miles better than bland fuckers like Jenas and Tyler 

 

I think that Richards might be ok as a partner to someone who's going to actually give you loads of insight and interesting opinion to go with the jokes and enthusiasm. Sadly, given that such pundits don't really exist in football, this remains a purely theoretical scenario.

 

Richards and Wright is a combination that I have thankfully witnessed just the once, though I do feel like my footballing knowledge has been permanently damaged by it.

 

Spoiler

I realise this is pretty grumpy but, honestly, spend an hour listening to some commentary of a high profile tennis match on Amazon Prime and it really throws into relief just how poor the standards are in football.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.