PSX-Pi my PlayStation 2 | A Treble Project

Treble

Without checking out the video, was this the psx-pi-share software? I’ve recently done similar but using a pi3a which only has a single usb and no Ethernet. I’ve had to use the sd card for storage with a usb Ethernet adapter. 

I think I prefer the ps2 fat with the internet hdd though despite the horrific fan noise my fat is cursed with. 

21 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Without checking out the video, was this the psx-pi-share software? I’ve recently done similar but using a pi3a which only has a single usb and no Ethernet. I’ve had to use the sd card for storage with a usb Ethernet adapter. 

I think I prefer the ps2 fat with the internet hdd though despite the horrific fan noise my fat is cursed with. 

It is. I prefer the slim these days, purely because I have the PS5 which is monolithic enough for any collection 😕

That said, I did like the ceramic white phat I had back in the day. Very cute. But the size difference between the phat and slim in just a few short years was sorcery, and I'm here for it

Screenshot_20221119-211525_1668892541848.thumb.jpg.d7246331e42f8468ff74f457fdcc5fac.jpg

22 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

You can switch out the fan - I think there's a Noctua that fits, not sure, but I used a fan from a late model phat and my launch day console now runs near silently.

1 hour ago, Darwock said:

This is surely a great project, but I’m a bit confused as to why it’s necessary? My FMCB slim PS2 runs my games off an SMB share on the LAN using OPL, I didn’t have to use USB or do anything extra.

I don't have access to my router from my room. Home plugs don't work properly on our aging electricity supply. Finally, I wanted the solution to be self-contained. 

16 hours ago, Afternoon Delight said:

The phone thing is fun, but you can enable overlay filesystem in raspi-config to make the pi read only. Then you can turn it off whenever you like. 

Interesting, I'll check it out. 

Edit: none of those options are in my config, and I'm apparently on the latest version. Maybe the option's removed?