The Metal recommendations thread

Lovelyman

Nope... I've been trying to scab some Converge stuff from friends, but none have any. Also, I haven't had a computer at home for about 18 months, but now I have my shiny new G5... mmm... internet goodness comes home.

Definitely worth shelling out the cash for that record. :o

' date='Mar 16 2004, 12:52 PM'] Nope... I've been trying to scab some Converge stuff from friends, but none have any. Also, I haven't had a computer at home for about 18 months, but now I have my shiny new G5... mmm... internet goodness comes home.

Definitely worth shelling out the cash for that record. :o

Bloody hell, that's a turn up for the books -I assumed you were a converge fan.

That's probably the most overplayed, cliched record I hear when i'm out at clubs - but it's great (brutal) fun to dance (beatdown) to!

I don't tend to go to metal clubs... last one I went to was a post-show club in Bradford... the DJ refused to play any Maiden, In Flames, December, Children of Bodom or Slayer. Instead he played fucking crap like Him, Limp Wrizted and Linkin Bollocks.

Wanker.

' date='Mar 16 2004, 01:03 PM'] I don't tend to go to metal clubs... last one I went to was a post-show club in Bradford... the DJ refused to play any Maiden, In Flames, December, Children of Bodom or Slayer. Instead he played fucking crap like Him, Limp Wrizted and Linkin Bollocks.

Wanker.

Agh, I don't goto clubs that play that shite, or if I do, it's clubs that have different rooms for different sounds.

Many 'alternative' nights usually have rooms with different music. It's also good to know the dj's. Escpecially if they get you in on the vip list and play Dying Fetus for you.

' date='Mar 16 2004, 01:09 PM'] Well... now I'm in the ranks of the great self-employed, I think I'll start pissing it up more frequently... any recommendations round London-way (preferably that'll stay open 'til the first train home or thereabouts).

I'd love to recommend, but i live in East Yorkshire!

Also, i'm trying to find new bands, and before all I did was search for hardcore on mp3.com. Where would you recommend I search now seeing as mp3.com died a death ages ago?

' date='Mar 16 2004, 12:09 PM'] Well... now I'm in the ranks of the great self-employed, I think I'll start pissing it up more frequently... any recommendations round London-way (preferably that'll stay open 'til the first train home or thereabouts).

Check out the Borderline - I've only been once courtesy of Rantin' James and Kerraig and I had a blast.

They play excellent stuff too.

I can't get that link to work from work - anyone know how to get round that ??

It's a quicktime video on my work comp, there might be a firewall at your place preventing you from seeing it.

Check the http://www.equalvision.com site, and goto the video section.

Another great band are Jude The Obscure, i'm going to pick up their album tonight I think. It's like harder Alexisonfire with more erratic breakdowns.

It's a quicktime video on my work comp, there might be a firewall at your place preventing you from seeing it.

Check the http://www.equalvision.com site, and goto the video section.

Another great band are Jude The Obscure, i'm going to pick up their album tonight I think. It's like harder Alexisonfire with more erratic breakdowns.

Cheers will try that!

Never heard alexonfire. what they like?

Cheers will try that!

Never heard alexonfire. what they like?

See for yourself on the equalvision site. Along with Fordirelifesake and co|ca, they're easily one of my favourite bands.

Also, this one is also for Kerraig.

http://www.wearedaughters.com/web2/

They're called Daughters, and you love them! Check out the very last link on the media section of that site - you'll find a media player that let's you listen to a full album!