IGNORED

The Metal recommendations thread

Lovelyman

' date='Mar 17 2004, 12:08 PM'] That's good to know! Not met many straight-edge non-zealots... apologies for any offence I may have caused.

Still up for a drink though (non-alcoholic, obviously)? Just booked my tickets... :D

Where did you book tickets?

I might join you in a beer, but last time I drank b4 a gig I spent most of it in the bog!

At a local gig the drummer of one band refused to let another band member use a few parts of his kit purely because he smokes weed.

Pathetic comes to mind.

Placid storm = cunts. Amazing band, but cunts.

If you dont wanna do drugs, drink etc then thats all cool. If you wanna be a cock about it, then you deserve a bible to be smacked over your bonce.

' date='Mar 17 2004, 12:11 PM'] So... who's going to see Converge on 29th March at the Underworld?

How come I never find out about this shit till its sold out?

But on the plus side, Shai Hulud are heading this way for last UK tour in June! Hooray!

black.etc

Falkenbach - Ok nafna tysvar ty

Meads of Asphodel - Exhuming the Grave of Yeshua

Oooh, just noticed this.

A friend of mind drummed for Meads of Asphodel on their latest CD (I think). It was session(ish) work (though he is a metal drummer), but he didn't get his full name to them in time to be included on the sleeve :( !

Also: tried to blag Converge but no luck. Bugger.

-J

Just got the new Killswitch Engage - The End Of Heartache.

Liking what i've heard so far. 2nd song (World Ablaze) is my fav song on the album so far.

The new singer seems to be up to it as well. I saw them in Belfast a while back with the new singer and he was great live.

• 3 weeks later...

The Blood Brothers selt-titled album is definitely worth a listen, some fantastic stuff on there. Deftones latest, lovely. Any System Of A Down is great.... goes without saying that you need some Fantomas in your life too, though it's more avant garde than you think... that's Mike Patton all over. The first Tomahawk album he's part of is worth a gander, but it's probably the best out of the more recent Tomahawk albums.

Well, I was going to read all the replies... but then I got bored after something about the goonies.

blue swIIrl recommends:

Deicide - Scars of the Crucifix

Napalm Death - Noise for Music's Sake

Cannibal Corpse - The Wretched Spawn

The Berzerker - The Berzerker

The Berzerker - Dissimulate

Cradle of Filth - Damnation and a Day

Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon

Also, there seems to be a new Slipknot album on the horizon. w00t.

Read this book. (New edition on the horizon.)

Oh, and everyone needs atleast one Black Sabbath album.

Anyone into more extreme stuff? Like proper black metal.. If so I have plenty of recommendations!

I bought picked up 'Autumn Aurora' by Drudkh, 'Purity' by Hate Forest and 'Hantises' by Frozen Shadows last week. All good, especially the Drudkh one which is excellent.

Eagles Of Death Metal- Peace Love and Deathmetal is out this week!

edit: Oh fuck it, it's been pushed back till May 3rd

By all accounts it's a bit crap though isn't it?

Powertrip is also a good Monster Magnet CD.

I'm waiting for the new Amplifier CD - aparently that is rather special...

Check out stuff by a band called Viking Skull. Absolutetly amazing band!

I saw them supporting FFAF (BTW, I did not pay to go to that gig - FFAF are proper shite) and the first support band was Viking Skull. Much to most of the crowd's whinging, I found them to be truly aces, even if the lyrics were pretty duff.

Any stuff out?