The Metal recommendations thread

Lovelyman

By all accounts it's a bit crap though isn't it?

Nope! It's very different to the stuff i usualy listen to (along the lines of System of a down and stuff) but i like it's jumpy rock, and i just cant wait for the album.

Satyricon - Volcano

Brilliant underrated metal album. Black metal, but accessible to those who arent hardened listeners!

Gotta agree with you there! Rather good album indeed.

The Blood Brothers are teh aces. Especially Burn Piano Island, Burn. EVERYONE should own it!

My most essential metal album is: Opeth - Blackwater Park. Definitely buy that, and Deliverance (by Opeth too), which is darn heavy, and just great.

At The Gates - Slaughter of the Soul is also stunning. Almost as essential as Blackwater Park.

I could think of more, but they'll do for now. :ph34r:

Gotta agree with you there! Rather good album indeed.

The Blood Brothers are teh aces. Especially Burn Piano Island, Burn. EVERYONE should own it!

My most essential metal album is: Opeth - Blackwater Park. Definitely buy that, and Deliverance (by Opeth too), which is darn heavy, and just great.

At The Gates - Slaughter of the Soul is also stunning. Almost as essential as Blackwater Park.

I could think of more, but they'll do for now. :ph34r:

And Damnation and Still Life by Opeth too!!

I've heard bollocks all decent recently :blink:

Me neither. Some Converge tracks that Kerraig recommended were cool, but nothing much seems to give me a proper soul buzz these days. I just keep going back to 10 year old classics which I know backwards as it is. :ph34r:

Or maybe I'm just an overly nostalgic, grumpy bastard. Witness:

Meh. That's where they lost it if you ask me.

:(

Satyricon - Volcano

Brilliant underrated metal album. Black metal, but accessible to those who arent hardened listeners!

I agree - different to their earlier stuff, but fits in with the more recent Moonfog stuff perfectly(Disiplin, etc).

I saw them live a while back and some of the crowd were giving them aggro whenever they played anything from Volcano ;) Its underrated but only because its a good album that progresses from the stuff that TROO fetishists wank over.

Fucking cunts!

You lot have just reminded me that my blood brothers burn piano island burn got pinched out of my car! GRRR

And Opeth. Fantasic live. Saw them in glasgow like last Feburary and nearly crashed driving up there by burning some old guy in a 306 and then realising there was a turn and braking hard whilst turning which slung the back end of the car out. end of story.

And Opeth. Fantasic live. Saw them in glasgow like last Feburary and nearly crashed driving up there by burning some old guy in a 306 and then realising there was a turn and braking hard whilst turning which slung the back end of the car out. end of story.

Yeah, they're pretty good live.

Saw them in London, Shepard's Bush Empire, yep, that's right! For the DVD. :blink: Hehe, twas fun.

horribleman - Still Life and Damnation are also good, as is My Arms Your Hearse, it's just those other ones are more essential. :ph34r:

I saw them supporting FFAF (BTW, I did not pay to go to that gig - FFAF are proper shite) and the first support band was Viking Skull. Much to most of the crowd's whinging, I found them to be truly aces, even if the lyrics were pretty duff.

Any stuff out?

Hehe. Why would you ever expect FFAF fans to appreciate proper rock? :P

They have a 6 track mini album available called Chapter One. My friend picked it up for me when they supported The Young Heart Attack. You can probably google for their website and get it off there

• 2 years later...