Most upsetting thing you've seen on TV

McFly

Not like starving children on the news or anything.

Theres 2 for me:

1. In Londons Burning ages, there was an episode where a guy with mental problems got a kicking from abunch of twats while handing out Fire brigade flyers. It was just really horrible seeing the guy (or anyone) get a kicking by a gang.

2. An episode of ER where two brothers were involved in a incident and then the younger one wa staken into care away from his brother, and he was crying and struggling and it just made me think of how i would feel in that situation.

An episode of Baywatch, believe it or not.

This kid, about 14/15/16, was about to meet his dad for the first time, and he was both excited and nervous as you'd imagine. When he finally met his dad, it turned out he was a dwarf. The kid was really upset that his dad wasn't this big muscley bloke like all the lifeguards, and kept ignoring his dad. The dad was obviously upset, and was walking up the beach to where his son was, who was taking part in one of those, father/son things with one of the lifeguards as his make-do dad.

It was just so upsetting. The boy's real dad was so distraught that his son wouldn't have anything to do with him. I remember crying like an absolute baby. I was about 10 at the time, but still. Very upsetting.

Ghost Watch.

That scared the crap out of me. MTV's Fear was also very good.

As for upsetting, I was watching a real-life ER documentary on the discovery channel. A guy came in from a motorbike accident - fell off his bike at 65 and slid for 150 heet before hitting a hotel sign.

His foot came in seperately. He ended up having both his arms and one of his legs amputated. Terrible.

I can't stand to watch programmes involving mental illness with people's mothers either - my greatest fear is that my mum will get something horrible and turn senile.

As for upsetting, I was watching a real-life ER documentary on the discovery channel. A guy came in from a motorbike accident - fell off his bike at 65 and slid for 150 heet before hitting a hotel sign.

His foot came in seperately. He ended up having both his arms and one of his legs amputated. Terrible.

I can't stand to watch programmes involving mental illness with people's mothers either - my greatest fear is that my mum will get something horrible and turn senile.

My nan had senile dementia.

Police found her climbing over peoples back gardens.

It's a terible, terrible thing.

My biggest fear is it happening to my mother, I know how it completely destroys peoples lives. I don't think I could cope.

I'd have to I guess.

Anyway, years ago there was a doucmnetary on c4 called the dying rooms, about Chinese orphans, that was really distresing.

Recently, on ITV I think, there was a documentary about a man who wanted to die because he had some awful disease.

It followed him and his family as he went to Sweeden to die.

It was so sad I could hardly watch.

Just beofre he ahd the injection, his wife burst into tears, and he just told her how happy he would be to be free from the pain.

:)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0090163/

The whole thing. Required viewing though.

I caught 'nuclear holocaust' from the description, but it was too long winded for a detailed read. In short, what's it about?

I think that the most upsetting and shocking thing that I ever watched was a drama a few years ago. I don't even know what it's called, because I flicked over and it was on. It was a war film set in one of the British colonies. It wasn't Africa I don't think because the enemy were white. I think

Anyway, the scene: a few hundred red-coats are charging into battle on a grassy plain. As they are charging, you notice that the soldiers aren't more than 17/18 years old. Maybe as young as 16. Things start to go wrong and two are captured. One is a young soldier, one of the 17/18 year old's, the other the commander of the charge who is about 50-odd. They are marched into a mud-hut somewhere near where the battle took place.

First of all the soldier is taken in. He's pushed to his knees and told to take off his helmet. He's crying and trembling with fear, refusing to take off his helmet, knowing what's coming. One of the enemy soldiers rips it off and throws it to the floor. All this time the commander is shouting "You are obliged to take prisoners!". The soldier is still crying and pleading for his life and then you hear the 'CRACK!' and the soldier is quiet.

The commander is then taken into the hut, and picks up tha british flag that the soldier was carrying with him. He's silent in the knowledge nothing will change his fate and accepts it. He gets to his knees and is also shot. The program ends.

By this point I was in tears and to this day I get all emotional when thinking about what happened.

My biggest fear is it happening to my mother, I know how it completely destroys peoples lives. I don't think I could cope.

I'd have to I guess.

MY great aunty also had the illness. My mother would go into the home where she was looked after and my aunty would say things like "They're trying to poison me!". My mother then went back another time and my aunty didn't even recognise her. When my mother came home she was extremely upset.

For that reason I couldn't bring myself to go to the home to see her, in the fear that she wouldn't recognise me either. She died about four months later. :)

MY great aunty also had the illness. My mother would go into the home where she was looked after and my aunty would say things like "They're trying to poison me!". My mother then went back another time and my aunty didn't even recognise her. When my mother came home she was extremely upset.

For that reason I couldn't bring myself to go to the home to see her, in the fear that she wouldn't recognise me either. She died about four months later. :)

After my nan had been in the home for a while, we got a call saying she was really ill, and would probably die shortly.

My Mum didn't wan't me to go, as I was very attached to her.

I lived with my gran all my life, until she got to mad so i moved in with my mum and stepdad.

I waled to the home anyway, it took me about 3 hours, and it was awful when I got there.

Nearly all the family was there, and I pushed my way to the front.

My nan grabbed my hand and she kept trying to speak to me, but she couldn't talk.

She was really frustratd, and she had tears in her eyes.

I had to be forcibly removed from the room I was in such a state.

She died abut an hour later.

Blimey, sounds like my folks were a bit harsh on me!

They were just trying to protect me though.

Poor crazy old lady, at least she's OK now.

I caught 'nuclear holocaust' from the description, but it was too long winded for a detailed read. In short, what's it about?

Short version: Nuke hits Sheffield, we follow some survivors through 13 years of post-nuclear holocaust life, y'know, eating radioactive sheep and rats, watching people dying from lack of oxygen, looting, murdering, fun stuff.

Short version: Nuke hits Sheffield, we follow some survivors through 13 years of post-nuclear holocaust life, y'know, eating radioactive sheep and rats, watching people dying from lack of oxygen, looting, murdering, fun stuff.

Was that ever on telly?

I remember watching something similar once around 1983/84, and it scared the living piss out of me.

I saw that :)

I really, really want to see 'Threads' now having read all the stuff on that site. I can't understand how I missed it the first time around.

Apparantly it was released on DVD in 2000 but seems to have been deleted. The only copies I could find were on Amazon where two filthy capitalists were trying to sell them for £75 (L@@K RARE etc..)

Shame, it sounds very interesting. I just hope it is repeated some time on BBC4.

I really, really want to see 'Threads' now having read all the stuff on that site. I can't understand how I missed it the first time around.

Apparantly it was released on DVD in 2000 but seems to have been deleted. The only copies I could find were on Amazon where two filthy capitalists were trying to sell them for £75 (L@@K RARE etc..)

Shame, it sounds very interesting. I just hope it is repeated some time on BBC4.

I've got the DVD :lol:.

There's been a few torrents knocking about the place as well.

I'd have to I guess.

Sounds terribly morbid but if it ever happens to my mum she's having a pillow over her face. And this is with her consent.

999 - with Michael Burke

This one episode where a kids front wheel comes of his bike and he goes over the handle bars and the front fork comes down and impales him in the back of the head, where the spine joins the skull.

Complete with sound effect and full motion video...

Still have nightmares about it. :lol:

Does anyone remember 'Our Friends in the North' - one of the plot threads was Christopher Eccleston's dad succumbing to Alzheimer's. That was harsh.

ER. Think it was season 7 where Lucy Knight and John Carter are stabbed. Channel 4 showed it in a double bill with the aftermath episode straight after with Romano and Corday battling to save both Carter's and Lucy's lifes. It was very upsetting (for me anyway) and I do not believe C4 have ever repeated the aftermath episode.