IGNORED

Consoles have the best FPS-games!

Fleksnes

a control system designed for work, not play.

This is a fairly stupid point. You might as well say that PC games in general suffer because the PC was originally intended for work. If keyboard and mouse were ill-equipped for controlling games (at least PC FPS) they would have been replaced by something better long ago. They're not, so they haven't.

coupled with a control system designed for work, not play.

Untrue. A mouse is just an upturned trackball, which is what have been used in the arcades since time began. The keyboard's mostly used for work yes, but in games it's just a configurable item with 100+ buttons.

I can only play pc games if they are sedate such a RTS games or Champ Man. I need to feel comfortable when playing games that require quick reactions and stuff. Also I hate slowdown, which always happens on my PC due to the crap graphics card, despite having a 2Ghz processor and 1gb ram. But thats my fault for not buying a graphics card I suppose.

Console FPS are more balanced and playable.

PC FPS are funless bollocks, crippled by enormous levels and lashings of instant kill and save/reloads.

What a stupid, narrow-minded comment.

I honestly can't see much of a difference between the overall structure of a console and PC FPS.

The control system and graphics in my opinion are superior on PC but the level sizes aint much different, hardly 'crippled'. Bigger levels are good ffs!

Most fun I've had is probably CS on PC and nothing else has matched that so far.

What a stupid, narrow-minded comment.

I honestly can't see much of a difference between the overall structure of a console and PC FPS.

The control system and graphics in my opinion are superior on PC but the level sizes aint much different, hardly 'crippled'. Bigger levels are good ffs!

Most fun I've had is probably CS on PC and nothing else has matched that so far.

dont fight it. The Nintendo fanboys will kill you

Guest MonStar

I think in the past the PC was defiatly the king of FPS simply because of the Online eliment. Mostly the single player was lacking on games and people bought it for the muliplayer.

But now with the sucsses x-box live the balence is tiltilg to the console i think

I think in the past the PC was defiatly the king of FPS simply because of the Online eliment. Mostly the single player was lacking on games and people bought it for the muliplayer.

But now with the sucsses x-box live the balence is tiltilg to the console i think

Rouge spear on Pc was still better all in all than RS3

You are getting me wrong. These are how I percieve it, in my head, and it directly affects my enjoyment. No matter how well programmed, it's difficult for me to escape the fact that I'm using the same system I use to do work.

It's all in my head, and I prefer joypad control for this reason.

Keyboard and Mouse can be great. But for me, it's less fun.

it's difficult for me to escape the fact that I'm using the same system I use to do work.

Yes, that's the problem with PC gaming. The thing I find most irritating is all these agents running in the background: new mail notification, somebody signs in on messenger, there's an update available for application blahblah, your subscription has expired, etc. I know I can turn these thing off, but that kind of kills the immediacy I like with gaming.

I don't mean system as in the machine. That doesn't bug me. But I'm using the same interface I use to do work, and seeing as a lot of the time I'm making games in my spare time, playing a game feels like testing one.

Unlike on the consoles, where it seems more like a finished product, even if it's not. It's a very strange thing to explain.

I suspect the PC will soon become the home of the FPS once again, with the most diverse and enjoyable new titles all being released this year. Half Life 2, Doom 3, Far Cry and UT2004 are all on the 'must have' list.

Which are also coming to the console(s) as well as the PC. Also versions of UT (although I admit not as good than on the PC) are coming to consoles.

I love PC FPS, I lost a year of my life (2002) spending about 3-5 hours a day playing in a clan on Quake III. Allthough in essence its an absolute shite game in terms of content it's also the most fun I have ever had in playing games ever, bar Halo ;)

I'm undecided but if I had to choose I would say console FPS are better, just.

PC FPS ..... lashings of instant kill and save/reloads.

THIS is why I prefer console FPSs... there are far too many PC games/instances where you are attacked suddenly and die within about 1/2 shots. So you go back to your last save point etc, etc.... It's like Rick Dangerous all over again...

Why are you even discussing N64 games? What's the point? According to GameRankings.com OoT is the best game ever.

Like fuck.

What's wrong with that? :rolleyes:

If FPS games were really good on consoles you all wouldn't still be wanking over Halo.

As it is, nothing has bettered it. Hardly a sign that FPS gaming on consoles is up there with ones on PC.

Eh?

Halo > 99% of all FPSs ever.

The thing I find most irritating is all these agents running in the background: new mail notification, somebody signs in on messenger, there's an update available for application blahblah, your subscription has expired, etc

If MSN didn't let me know when I had a message I couldn't play games at work..

Well, desptie owning most of the great PC FPS's (such as Half Life, Deus Ex, and Thirf 1/2) for some reason I can't be arsed to play them, yet I'll happily sit down and play Halo, or online games like RTCW/GR:IT or RS3 on the Xbox for hours.

First I thought it was because I get to use a comfy chair with consoles, but then I realised that my PC is 2ft away from my Xbox and I use the same chair to play both. But when using a PC I have to sit up to reach the mouse and keyboard properly... so it might be that console FPS is better because you can slouch and retain bad posture whilst playing.

I think it's the above mixed in with the immediacy of play on consoles and the fact that I think the analogue controller is a "fairer" way of playing that sways it for me