IGNORED

Lost - The Full Series Thread

Goose

Locke had to come back so that it wouldn't be so odd when smokey turned up as him. Reincarnation on the island is easier to accept knowing that his body is at least there rather than buried thousands of miles away. It is a good point as to how they got his body back. I presume it has something to do with Smokey/Locke telling Richard he has to die or something.

Richard, who was told by fake-Locke. It's kind of a loop.

I forgot the specifics of this. When exactly does fake-Locke tell Richard to tell real Locke he has to die. How do we know for sure it's fake Locke then? This was before fake-Locke existed in the show as a known manifestation of the Monster, right?

When time on the island was fucking up, Locke skipped into the past, got shot, then skipped into the future.

Richard came out of nowhere, took the bullet out, bandaged him up and told him that to bring everyone back to the island he would have to die.

So he gets off the island, tries to hang himself, Ben stops him, then strangles him. The Oceanic 6 bring his body, in the coffin, back to the island on the Ajira flight.

Once there, Man in Black inhabits Locke's body. He takes Ben to the Temple and appears as Alex, telling him "Do whatever Locke says or else."

They meet up with Richard. Man in Black takes Richard to the spot where Locke will appear (not sure how he knows this) after getting shot.

Man in Black tells Richard to take the bullet out and tell Locke that to bring everyone back to the island he would have to die.

P-p-p-p-paradox!

Interesting bit where Sun bangs her head and it cut instantly to her waking up in bed in the alternate timeline... Makes me wonder if both timelines are happening at the same time and also can be affected by one another.

The timing is massively out though. Sun banging her head happens three years after 815's flight, her waking up next to Jin happens 24 hours after. Some one else mentioned something similar (I think it was about Sayid though but the same applies).

When time on the island was fucking up, Locke skipped into the past, got shot, then skipped into the future.

Richard came out of nowhere, took the bullet out, bandaged him up and told him that to bring everyone back to the island he would have to die.

So he gets off the island, tries to hang himself, Ben stops him, then strangles him. The Oceanic 6 bring his body, in the coffin, back to the island on the Ajira flight.

Once there, Man in Black inhabits Locke's body. He takes Ben to the Temple and appears as Alex, telling him "Do whatever Locke says or else."

They meet up with Richard. Man in Black takes Richard to the spot where Locke will appear (not sure how he knows this) after getting shot.

Man in Black tells Richard to take the bullet out and tell Locke that to bring everyone back to the island he would have to die.

P-p-p-p-paradox!

And don't forget the compass that gets handed to Locke by Richard who gets it off Smokey-Locke who gets it off dead Locke (the chain might be wrong at some point there, but the point is that the compass only exists in the loop).

Christian also tells Locke he'll have to die, when he falls down the well leading to the donkey wheel. This implies that Christian is in league with MiB (or is just another manifestation of him).

The timing is massively out though. Sun banging her head happens three years after 815's flight, her waking up next to Jin happens 24 hours after. Some one else mentioned something similar (I think it was about Sayid though but the same applies).

Curses! I just hope that this alternate universe thing pays off nicely near the end of the show's run.

Ahh, even with the end in the sight, they can't break with tradition - one week break during the final few eps -

Episode 6.13 - Airdate: 20th April

Break

Episode 6.14 - Airdate: 4th May

Episode 6.15 - Airdate: 11th May

Episode 6.16 - Airdate: 18th May

Episode 6.17/18 - Airdate: 23rd May

nnnooooooo

Still very little discussion of Sun's seduction! :D

The /tv/ person running the stream I was watching rewound back to that during the ad breaks :)

They did the same with the Locke-slapping-Claire bit in that other ep.

Also, when Sayid opened the freezer for Jin in the FS, he didn't seem to give a shit ("I don't care who you are") and let his evil english accent slip through slightly. Could this be Sayid gaining his main timeline version's lack of soul, or did he just not care anyway because he doesn't know Jin?

I suppose he just shoot three dudes.

Again it doesn't make sense for it to be anything to do with the main timeline. Sayid's lack of feeling only kicks in three years after the flight, him finding Jin in the freezer is the day after the flight.

P-p-p-p-paradox!

Thanks, I remember all that now! It makes Season 5 in particular seem incredibly well plotted.

An interesting theory I saw posted somewhere (maybe here) was that the thing which altered the realities and split them was lockes rope. He used it to go down the well but because he was holding it when he flashed it came with him and it was left buried deep in the ground at the point where the statue was first seen, years ago in the past. At this time, for whatever reason the wheel had been built but was blocked off in a confined chamber. The guy theorised that someone found the rope, dug the well and the island timeline developed the way it has because of this.

Two inconsistancies I noticed watching some episodes from season 2 both regarding Rousseau that I'm sure have been mentioned here before, but I'll point them out anyway.

When Rousseau found 'Henry Gale' tied up in his balloon and handed him to Sayid and insisted that she thought he was 'one of them', why on earth didn't she mention that he was the one who stole her daughter in front of her?

And also the old problem of her clearly meeting Jin more then once and not recognising him as the man who disappeared before her eyes 20-odd years ago.

I'm not complaining. Six years with nothing but constant scrutiny one or two errors is the best we could ask for. Assuming they are errors as I can't think of any way they can answer either of them.

If people don't want to read spoilers they shouldn't go in the thread with spoilers written on it in massive letters, removing it isn't fair on people who do want to discuss it.

This is exactly why Jacob has told them to blow up the plane, so they don't have to deal with any of this.

But he did appear as Isabella?

I don't think that was him. I don't think that every single manifestation of a dead person is the MiB. Just a gut feeling as opposed to any hard evidence.

Locke?

I see what you're saying. But Locke got shot in Season 3 or 4 when he was in that grave. So maybe MiB possessed him then?

I can't really remember the episode very well though. But it's possible, right?

EDIT: maybe that bullet went in one side and out the other, coz of his missing kidney?

Two inconsistancies I noticed watching some episodes from season 2 both regarding Rousseau that I'm sure have been mentioned here before, but I'll point them out anyway.

When Rousseau found 'Henry Gale' tied up in his balloon and handed him to Sayid and insisted that she thought he was 'one of them', why on earth didn't she mention that he was the one who stole her daughter in front of her?

Wasn't Henry Gale intended to be a fairly minor character before the producers became aware of his awesomeness and started building him into the loveable turncoat we now know?

I'm not sure she ever met Jin, did she?

Yes, after the tanker exploded and the time travelling begin, Jin washed up on the beach roughly the same time as French team did. He went to the temple with them and saw some of them pulled down into the hole.

But I think it's simply because Rousseau had gone through so much that she'd slowly gone mental. She'd been on her own for years, had a baby taken from her, plus all the other island stuff she'd seen. She could be forgiven for forgetting a couple of people.

Yeah, like they have the "I lied" get out clause for Ben, they also have the "she's nuts" get out clause for Rousseau.

Of course, it could also be that she knew exactly who Ben was, and was just using the Losties to try and get Alex back.

I think that Rousseau not remembering Jin would hang together fine, given that he just dissappeared in front of her its pretty likley she thought he wasn't real, especially given that its been sixteen years and plenty of traumatic and horrible shit has happened to her since. Also, there's no significant interaction between her and jin in the first few seasons and he looks totally different with long hair.

The idea that she wouldn't remember the face of the guy who took her baby right from her when she's been obsessing about it for so long is completely retarded. The only explanation I can think of is that that's how she was so sure "henry" was one of them.

82319400-b7e680a85d987531cf52cc10b6d59fc7.4bb86f5e-scaled.jpg

Check out the whiteboard!

What is flight 154? I take it they changed it to 316?

Wanna see the joke whiteboard though. This looks like it's for another Lost slapdown, where they just take the piss out of the show.

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/02/lost-s...own-videos.html

(There's no spoilers in that link btw, Dark UFO is very good at keeping spoilers hidden)

The idea that she wouldn't remember the face of the guy who took her baby right from her when she's been obsessing about it for so long is completely retarded. The only explanation I can think of is that that's how she was so sure "henry" was one of them.

Probably they wanted to use a younger actor to portray Ben in the flashback scene where he steals the kid, seeing as he's still meant to be really quite young there. I remember it looking pretty stupid and unrealistic when they used the same actor, I guess because of budget reasons or whatever they had to, which does make it seem stupid she doesn't 'recognise' Henry Gale as he looks exactly the same. Originally they probably wanted us to think he grew older and looked different enough that she wouldn't recognise him, now they'll probably just use the craziness excuse.