IGNORED

Lost - The Full Series Thread

Goose

Ok! So Desmond WAS on the plane in ep1 BUT he didnt meet Jack in the stadium...so that question from ep1 that was dismissed is back in play..do Jack and Des Recognise each other from the island?

This is what I was referring to. We don't know if that meeting still happened, Jack and Desmond in the stadium. Your statement here reads like we know for a fact it never happened. Unless I've missed something, we can't say for sure whether they ever met in the stadium in the alt timeline.

Unrelated, but something else I have been thinking about. Who is the eldest between Daniel and Penny? My money would be on Penny being older than Daniel. Which would mean she was born on the island. But if she's only Daniel's half sister, who's her mother? Or was she born off island? Was Widmore having an affair with someone off island and that's why he got banished?

This is what I was referring to. We don't know if that meeting still happened, Jack and Desmond in the stadium. Your statement here reads like we know for a fact it never happened. Unless I've missed something, we can't say for sure whether they ever met in the stadium in the alt timeline.

Hooray for someone else being anti-non-fact-being-stated-as-fact!

I think it's probable that Jack and Desmond didn't meet at the stadium, I think it's likely we will never know for sure. I think it's most likely that Desmond recognising Jack on the plane will never be fully explained, it'll be one of the things where we're left to come to our own conclusions over it, which may be unsatisfactory for some people. I think it was mostly thrown in to make us think "ooooh, does that mean....?".

From last night's episode, I think the probable reason is that it is their consciousnesses being linked slightly across the realities (and maybe more strongly so when passing over the island, as that is the fracture point of the reality split). I don't think we'll get a complete answer to that mystery though.

That was one of the reasons why he got banished according to Ben.

The meeting between Desmond and Jack THAT WE SAW never happened. 100 percent fact. Another meeting under different circumstances might have maybe even in the stadium. but not that one

The meeting between Desmond and Jack THAT WE SAW never happened. 100 percent fact. Another meeting under different circumstances might have maybe even in the stadium. but not that one

This is true, they may have met previously, they may have met in that stadium, but the circumstances around that meeting were definitely different.

And yes, one of the reasons for Widmore's banishment was that he made frequent trips off the island, and had had a child with someone off-island.

Finally the first goosebumps inducing episode this season! Now I'm off to read all of your impressions and see what I've missed. Things are starting to make sense now for me. At least, in the sense that, I can see where this is going but I'm probably incredibly off after all is said and done. You have MiB wanting to leave the island to reign doom upon the universe and the rest wanting to restore the balance and give the losties their original lives back. AMIRITE?

My only concern now is that the finale won't satisfy anyone by a long shot.

We were never given a reason for Eloise leaving though, were we. It was her, not Widmore, who was leader in the 70s, why did she go? Was she banished too? Did Widmore get her banished so he could take over? Did she turn the wheel, and so was unable to return?

God, Desmond is so brilliant. I love how everybody has been floundering about for the last ten episodes, and then Desmond comes back and it's like he's going to sort everything out singlehandedly.

PENNEH!

It's just a shame he's doing it all for a woman with such a stupid face though. I have to look away from the screen for some of her gurning.

WE can guess that she might have been affected a bit by the whole shooting her son thing.

And reading his journal. Once she had read that, it was probably a case of her realising what happened is going to happen and got off the island with her son to set him on his course with destiny; to be shot by her.

And reading his journal. Once she had read that, it was probably a case of her realising what happened is going to happen and got off the island with her son to set him on his course with destiny; to be shot by her.

OR!!!!!! that she could change things and stop this all happening! Hence the Alt reality.....maybe....maybe not

Everyone hates Kate, but you can't deny Penny has a stupid face. It's part of her charm.

I don't hate Kate. I don't even really get all the Kate hate. I play along with it sometimes though, so I don't seem like the odd-one-out.

It's Claire all the way for me though; but I do wish she'd brush her hair.

Juliet also has a pretty stupid face, which seems to only be capable of displaying one emotion, which is "I'm lovely and caring, and down trodden, but at the same time I take no shit" - I admit it's a pretty complex emotion for a face to purvey, but most are capable of a greater range of expressions.

Almost everyone on the show has a stupid face half the time ... like Jin

BAN REQUEST - RACISM!

and Faraday

Yeah, he's the weird awkward twitchy scientist, he's supposed to have a stupid face.

A you-would-literally-go-to-the-ends-of-the-earth-for-her woman, should not.

Jack's face is pretty stupid most the time though. In a looking-far-too-dim-to-be-a-doctor kind of a way.

Cracking episode.

If it can stay at this quality then we are in for one hell of a finish.

Can't be many flash-sideways/alt realitys left now - Hurley?, Widmore (perhaps a flashback ala Richard).

I guess if Desmond is bringing everyone together then it'll be super multi character alt reality time.

Who is the eldest between Daniel and Penny? My money would be on Penny being older than Daniel. Which would mean she was born on the island. But if she's only Daniel's half sister, who's her mother? Or was she born off island? Was Widmore having an affair with someone off island and that's why he got banished?

There's been no way to tell who is older. Ellie was pregnant with daniel in the seventies but we have no frame of reference for when widmore started his affair off island. We also have no idea of who pennys mum is or if she's still alive.

They should do a spin off show just about Desmond - every episode with him in is a belter, and this was no exception. Fantastic stuff, and it's got me REALLY excited to see the next episode to see what he does to get people to see their 'flashes'

A you-would-literally-go-to-the-ends-of-the-earth-for-her woman, should not.

Des' face looked silly when he was tripping balls in the limo at the end too, so I guess they're even. I hope they can be together again ;_;

1270762806465.jpg

There's been no way to tell who is older.

I can remember something in an earlier episode which made me sure one was the older of the two, I have no idea now which, or what it was, but will have a really hard think.

Actually, didn't Richard say Eloise was pregnant when they were getting the bomb? and wouldn't that have been before Widmore had an easy means of travelling off the island (the Dharma sub they took over, I assume). Which would mean Daniel was the oldest (or there is another (half-)sibbling).

I can remember something in an earlier episode which made me sure one was the older of the two, I have no idea now which, or what it was, but will have a really hard think.

Actually, didn't Richard say Eloise was pregnant when they were getting the bomb? and wouldn't that have been before Widmore had an easy means of travelling off the island (the Dharma sub they took over, I assume). Which would mean Daniel was the oldest (or there is another (half-)sibbling).

Yeah she was. Problem is, with the minimal information we have they could twist it any way they like. They didn't initiate the purge untill the early 90's and Penny is definately older than that. Plus, they specifically stated that Widmore had been leaving the island in secret, which rules out the sub after they'd taken it anyway because he'd need a whole crew. Maybe he made a deal with Dharma and had them take him to and from the island?

I demand a Walt sideway episode!

I think the chances of us ever seeing Walt again get slimmer with every passing episode :lol: