IGNORED

Lost - The Full Series Thread

Goose

Due to my idiocy, I put the wrong title in the spoiler tags above so the speculation you're making might not make sense when you learn the title should have been

The Last Recruit (NOT Candidate)

i thought locke was lying when he said that, but then he said he did it because they needed to find water which makes it seem more plausible.. but it does leave the question of how Christian appeared to michael just before the ship blew up as we know that locke can't cross the water between the two islands without a boat..

i thought locke was lying when he said that, but then he said he did it because they needed to find water which makes it seem more plausible.. but it does leave the question of how Christian appeared to michael just before the ship blew up as we know that locke can't cross the water between the two islands without a boat..

Christian appeared in LA for Jack too, which is wierd. And when he showed Sun and Lapidus the Dharma 1977 photo at the Barracks, Locke seemed to still be on Hydra with Ben. Then again at this late stage it seems like any answer we're given is pretty much it, even if it's told in a shoddy manner.

Also Sun seeing Jin = instant english!

Arg - we finally get Jack sitting down in front of MiB and told "ask me whatever you want" and he doesn't say "WTF are you" or "how does time travel and the numbers fit into all of this"?" but "Were you my dad?", even after the MiB told him, to retract his original question, because it was shit.."who else have you been?" - He replaces it with a much more limited yes/no question!we could have got a run down of every character the MiB has appeared as! (Although, now we know he was Christian, I think its a fair bet to say that basically every suspected appearance of the MiB pre-season 5 finale, WAS MiB.

Lol at Hurley's Anakin comment and Sawyer: "Sayid's a zombie.."

I'm really pleased that they seem to have got Claire back on side as well, for some reason. So it seems more like she has basically just gone a bit wacky due to losing her kid and being stranded and everything, rather than being possessed or "claimed" or whatever by the MiB. That's what it seems like at the moment anyway.

I was totally expecting Jin and Sun to get blasted by the fence as they ran towards each other.

Really good episode I thought. Lots of action on the island, the flash sideways all starting to come together,a straight answer to some (ok, one) favourite fan-questions which have been causing debate on the message boards (I like the way they have started slipping one of them into each episode, like with the whispers last week)

Jack seems to be following in Locke's footsteps by falling into the MiB's trap of believing himself to be somehow special or with a purpose. The thing is, Jack's blatantly being written as the hero, so it's unlikely he's 100 per cent wrong in that belief. I hope he manages to somehow redeem Locke as well, or that his actions shed some new light which shows us that John Locke wasn't just a grade-A gullible fool.

Christian appeared in LA for Jack too, which is wierd. And when he showed Sun and Lapidus the Dharma 1977 photo at the Barracks, Locke seemed to still be on Hydra with Ben. Then again at this late stage it seems like any answer we're given is pretty much it, even if it's told in a shoddy manner.

Also Sun seeing Jin = instant english!

I could be wrong but didn't Sun regain her voice around the same time she recovered in the hospital (in the X timeline)?

So, it's presumably fair to assume Sayid didn't nobble Desmond, I'm really enjoying his role in the alt-timeline, it's good to see him doing well and in control of things for a change. At the end where Locke says to Jack "you're with me now" (or something like that), is that to suggest Jack died from the explosion but MiB has brought him back to life? There wasn't a scene showing him actually dead which makes me doubt that a bit but it was a weird line if not...

I thought it was ok, it didn't seem like filler but with Jack quite front and centre it felt disappointing. Why not ask 100 different questions? Why get off the boat unless he figures he is the candidate.

I did like the metaphors with the alt/main reality - and it does make me wonder whether the MiB is somehow behind that reality. Sayid decides not to kill Desmond (you, me and the garden gate know that that cat isn't dead) and suddenly, the life in the alt, in which Nadia was still alive, suddenly comes to an end with him getting arrested meaning that he will no longer get to see Nadia again - or at least not in any context that means they could be together.

Sun, on the other hand, doesn't die, neither does the baby, and back in the main reality she is reunited with Jin after so many years apart. And of course Widmore was going to double-cross Sawyer and perhaps now, finally, we are about to see Widmore play his hand.

I don't know why but now I feel more than ever, that the MiB is some how controlling the alt reality somehow, and it needs Desmond to break them out of it.

I think it felt just 'ok' because for the last few weeks we've had some questions answered and this week we found out that yes, the MiB was Jack's dad. That was about it. The other thing is that with each week we are becoming painfully aware that we're running out of episodes and the war still hasn't started.

Did anyone see the trailer for the episode just shown? They actually add a gunshot noise and flash when Sayid's pointing a gun at Desmond down the well. That's the 4th time they've essentially outright lied in a Lost trailer. Anyway, shite episode really. Back and forth, back and forth, boom, end.

Interesting a little - a DarkUFO recapper reckons the idea all along was for MiB to trust Sawyer knowing full well he'd take the remaining candidates with him. That would mean that (we assume) there would be no more candidates on the island. Going further, we know the MiB can't kill a candidate for whatever reason, but he can send them away. I think while one single candidate remains on the island, the MiB can't leave it.

If the candidates were -

Jack

Sawyer

Hurley

Sun

Jin

Kate

Then at least one of them has always been on the island at any one time. When they left on the helicopter, Jin was in the water and Sawyer swam back. Jin was close enough that when the island starting flashing, he was still part of it if I recall correctly. Sawyer was already back there by that point, meeting Juliet on the beach.

I imagine he's probably pissed off that Jack actually came back. I reckon we're going to see him send Jack on some mission that also gets him back off the island. And THEN, he'll be able to truly leave.

Argh Fuck! Just remembered, he went across in the boat with Sayid.

Pffft. how pathectic is it that they have this sun meeting jin thing building up for a season and a half and they them climax it with a 'Oh, look there you are! - hug!!!' scene?!!? I thought those energy things were going to be turned on so they couldn't embrace. They could of done a hundred things with this and in the end they have just got the most unsatisfying reunion ever. Even the Des and Penny reunion on the ship from S4 was much much more emotional than that.

That damn preview editing.

Argh Fuck! Just remembered, he went across in the boat with Sayid.

I guess Hydra island still counts as the Island then, if MiB still needs to go there to get on the plane?

Agreed about it needing to kick off. I know big stuff has happened this season and the alt stuff is getting good, but on-Island it's just kinda....people sitting on a log sipping from the blue cup, gun-cocking noise, go to Hydra/come back/go to Hydra/come back, GUN-COCKING NOISE, everyone's "got a lot of catching up to do".

Frank's still getting in the cheesy one-liners :)

Frank gets barely any lines and I think I'd rather see a major character buying it than him!

The recap guy on DarkUFO described it as a transition episode, not much happens, but all the pieces move into place ready for something to happen.

Re: Shooting the episode :

Apparently Ep13 & 14 overlapped in shooting, allowing them to swap a few scenes with the other episode and vice versa.

Ha! In your faces all those who doubted me about Christian being Smokey! In your faces!

Two bloody weeks! Bah!

I hope Jack Didn't die and he's now been possessed. I don't think he did. I think the "You're with me, now," comment was simply stating that Jack now has no way of escaping Locke.

I'm still not sure though who was on the boat posing as Libby and Christian, and the same in LA. I'm willing to believe the one in LA was just Jack's mind starting to snap. On the boat though... I don't know...

It's just weird isn't it? Like the bit where Locke falls down and the well, meets Christian who tells him to say hi to his son. Why would he say that if it wasn't really him? Then yeah on the boat, why pose as him?

Pffft. how pathectic is it that they have this sun meeting jin thing building up for a season and a half and they them climax it with a 'Oh, look there you are! - hug!!!' scene?!!? I thought those energy things were going to be turned on so they couldn't embrace. They could of done a hundred things with this and in the end they have just got the most unsatisfying reunion ever. Even the Des and Penny reunion on the ship from S4 was much much more emotional than that.

http://twitpic.com/1h6mox

Arg - we finally get Jack sitting down in front of MiB and told "ask me whatever you want" and he doesn't say "WTF are you" or "how does time travel and the numbers fit into all of this"?" but "Were you my dad?", even after the MiB told him, to retract his original question, because it was shit.."who else have you been?" - He replaces it with a much more limited yes/no question!we could have got a run down of every character the MiB has appeared as! (Although, now we know he was Christian, I think its a fair bet to say that basically every suspected appearance of the MiB pre-season 5 finale, WAS MiB.

Erm, yes he did? His first question was "WTF are you?" to which fLocke replied "I think you already know" or something equally vague and non-committal.