IGNORED

Lost - The Full Series Thread

Goose

I thought jack's son was the MiB for a bit.

But anyway, I assumed Eko etc wasn't there not for a good reason but cause the actor isn't there? Anyone? and micheal? walt?

Or was Eko's death the kind that meant he didn't need to go to the place to move on?

oh and the skeleton in the source is clearly smokie's body. that's obvious. In a way I like the fact that so much is still left open. Pretty much everything infact.

But anyway, I assumed Eko etc wasn't there not for a good reason but cause the actor isn't there? Anyone? and micheal? walt?

Or was Eko's death the kind that meant he didn't need to go to the place to move on?

Eko moved on straight after death because he had no real connection with the alt/Oceanic people so he didn't need to be there with them at the end. And didn't Michael's ghost say he was going to move on after seeing ?Hurley (I think) in the jungle and explaining the whispers?

oh and the skeleton in the source is clearly smokie's body. that's obvious. In a way I like the fact that so much is still left open. Pretty much everything infact.

Weren't there a few skeletons in the source? And that was smokeys skeleton as Adam. I think it just shows that this has happened before. People have been down there and there have been numerous jacobs. Eventually Hurley was replaced.

Sorry, just to go back to my earlier post (now the spoiler ban has been lifted) - how did Desmond know they were in this purgatory?

Partly just chance I think maybe. He was the first person to 'connect' with another, when Charlie made him crash his car into the harbour. If such a connection leads to an understanding and all that, then Desmond was the first to get it.

But anyway, I assumed Eko etc wasn't there not for a good reason but cause the actor isn't there?

Just read on DigitalSpy that he refused a spot in the finale because he wasn't going to get paid enough.

Partly just chance I think maybe. He was the first person to 'connect' with another, when Charlie made him crash his car into the harbour. If such a connection leads to an understanding and all that, then Desmond was the first to get it.

Yeah, Daniel explained it to him.

Doesn't explain how he knew how to find anyone, though. I think it might have had something to do with the electromagnetic thing...

That said, none of that world was real so maybe the characters all developed a similar knowing once they had the realisation. Jin and Sun seemed to.

Doesn't explain how he knew how to find anyone, though. I think it might have had something to do with the electromagnetic thing...

That said, none of that world was real so maybe the characters all developed a similar knowing once they had the realisation. Jin and Sun seemed to.

Yeah at the time I think I assumed the electromagnetism jolt that Widmore gave him had something to do with it. But I don't think it can have any relevance really.

I did wonder that, because it was straight after that he started trying to run Locke down in the alt-reality.

That kind of means though, that the 'real' world and limbo were somehow connected (which may explain why Jack was getting those neck cuts), but I'm not completely comfortable with that (because the limbo world was created for a purpose, and not to be accidentally uncovered by one of the characters).

Another one; after Jack reinserted the island's buttplug, how did he get out of the cave? Did he just wake up on a log or did I miss a thing?

I don't know but Wasnt it the exact same log MIBs body ended up on after Jacob tossed him into the cave?

I liked someone else's interpretation that Jack got the neck cuts when he came close to remembering that he'd died.

That wasn't the first time those cuts appeared on Jack's neck was it? I'm pretty sure they suddenly appeared a couple of episodes ago as well, possibly after Jack had fought with somebody in the island reality ?Sawyer.

I'm having trouble remembered details tonight.

That wasn't the first time those cuts appeared on Jack's neck was it? I'm pretty sure they suddenly appeared a couple of episodes ago as well, possibly after Jack had fought with somebody in the island reality ?Sawyer.

The first episode of the season we saw Jack go into the toilet on the plane. We saw a cut on his neck there.

Edit: Or was it his stab wound?

Jack had the "appendix" scar at the start of the season, that was the knife wound.

Sorry, just to go back to my earlier post (now the spoiler ban has been lifted) - how did Desmond know they were in this purgatory?

Desmond definitely had different rules to everyone else, I think his powers of resistance to electromagnetism were probably just one facet of what made him different, more a side effect than anything else.

Did he know he was in purgatory? Obviously he knew something was up but I can't remember exactly everything that happened in this series, to be sure he was certain about what was going on.

For example in the "real" world he tells Jack that he knows about a place where everyone's happy, and then says maybe he'll find a way to get Jack there. Probably not something he'd say if he knew he was headed for an illusory paradise afterlife, for a brief period, before they go on to afterlife proper.

So if we assume that island-Des and purgatory-Des are (somehow) synced up when island Des is blaster with EMP by Jim Robinson, is purgatory-Des aware of the reality of his situation at that point? And this is the level of knowledge that island-Des takes with him, from that point (remember him suddenly seeming like he knew what his purpose was) which then drives him to unplug the island? (just trying to make some sense of why he would think that was every going to be a good idea).

More stupidly, If Jim Robinson's ultimate mission was to stop Smoky from unplugging the sink in the cave, wasn't it pretty dumb of him to go out of his way to make sure an integral part of that plan (Desmond) was on the island?

What on earth was Jacob thinking telling Widmore to take Desmond back? His presence there was never anything other than a massive threat (if we assume, as seems to have been implied, that he is the only person capable of unplugging the sink).

Wasn't Desmond the only person who was aware in the real world, and he was the variable so knew what to do after he got the jolt from Widmore? He seemed to be the only simultaneous connection between the two worlds. (or what Anne Summers said ^)

I'm not sure if I liked the finale, but Jack at the end was great and I'm gonna miss this show no matter what. I'd have preferred one of the other alt theories mentioned, but I think the writers did ok considering the position they'd put themselves in. All this characters vs mystery stuff - it was always about characters dealing with the mysteries, not just one or the other! I'm glad they stuck with characters as the mysteries became harder to deal with, because I don't think it would work the other way round.

Also season 5 was great Timmo :coffee: