Lost - The Full Series Thread

Goose

Just had thought - presumably, Jacob and mib would have gone back in time when the island was flashing around different time periods. Maybe the mib aka smokey approached himself as a kid and taught him how to build the donkey wheel etc etc? Explaining how he just 'knows' things, and how he seemed to be more evil than Jacob.

The incident happened and they all got flung back to 2007. Seeing as they just vanish, I would imagine it would be a lot like watching them all die.

Actually, checking the episode again, he's nowhere near them when the bomb goes off. He leads them to under the Dharma village then buggers off with an unconscious Eloise.

Nope. Do it.

By the way this is what American viewers saw at the end of Lost on Sunday. Fucking idiots, how confusing is that? (Ignore the dog bit)

Holy shit, I wondered what that was all about. Bizarre that ABC decided to put that in themselves.

MEEEEEGGGAAAA MEEERRGE!!!

The thread will look a bit of mess, at least for the first season anyway. There must have been more than twenty thread for season one. Some were individual episodes, some were a collection and some were from when E4/C4 began showing it. Give me some time and I'll try and update the first thread with links to the start of each season after season one.

Edit: Holy fuck - Total amount of time posted in this thread - 1014!

It's a bummer the old 'Click for Spoiler' things don't work in the old posts. Is there a fix or are those spoilers losts forever?

Some of the guess work in the early posts are spot on. 'research gone wrong' indeed.

It's a bummer the old 'Click for Spoiler' things don't work in the old posts. Is there a fix or are those spoilers losts forever?

Some of the guess work in the early posts are spot on. 'research gone wrong' indeed.

You can see the spoilers if you reply/quote to their posts. It's a bit of a bother but at least you can read what they wrote.

Ok, just finished watching it.

Simply the best put together show on TV I've watched. Slipping in front of the X Files, Twin Peaks, Alias and Millenium.

I've never known a programme to so emotionally grip me as this did. When Charlie nearly died, I was shocked to find myself almost in tears - same with Boon's death.

When Sun and Jin made up, I was grinning like a lovelorn adolescent.

Just incredible. All the way through. Every episode. Works brilliantly.

Just... Wow.

This was my first post.

Good to see I've never wavered in my love for the show.

Also, plenty of lols to be had at the outrage at the finale of season 1. "They told us nothing! Bastards!"

Te bit that irritates me the most is this whole Limbo b0llocks.

Up until this season it's been about the Island being magical/scientific/travelling through time.

We've had flash backs to their lives prior to the crash and flash forwards to the ones that escaped and eventually came back.

Then this season we get what we think is an alternative reality but is in fact Limbo and everyone is dead (in the limbo)

It just seems cr4p that the ending is all about the 6th series and not so much about the prior 5 series, except for a couple of episodes that give a wooly explanation as to what the island is without actualy giving anything away.

That's how I feel anyway. I just feel short changed somewhat.

The whole alt reality thing turned out to be a complete waste of time, didn't it? You could just have tacked it onto the end of just about any TV series. Same with the conflict between the brothers that was only introduced at the beginning of the last series.

"Ken Barlow begins to see flashes of another life. Meanwhile, two brothers - one who wears black and one who wears white - move into the street. With Closed Captions."

The whole alt reality thing turned out to be a complete waste of time, didn't it? You could just have tacked it onto the end of just about any TV series. Same with the conflict between the brothers that was only introduced at the beginning of the last series.

"Ken Barlow begins to see flashes of another life. Meanwhile, two brothers - one who wears black and one who wears white - move into the street. With Closed Captions."

Yep, pretty much. Hence why a lot of people took issue with the finale.

This thread has moved way too quickly for me to have read it all, so I'm sorry if this has already been asked/mentioned. I haven't got the episodes any more to check but I think the whole time frame of the alt/limbo happens within the space of a day (or at least the concept of a day as we know it). Just focusing on a couple of people here, but Desmond meets Widmore straight from the plane, Widmore asks him to pick up Charlie for a concert that evening (and there is an urgency about making sure he is there). Eloise is setting up the seating and venue if I remember rightly, and Desmond meets Farday there and then Penny after that. So he meets Penny, has the big revelation and starts tracking people down. Meanwhile Locke meets Jack, Jack offers surgery, Locke declines, Locke becomes a teacher, Jack meets Claire, Jack goes to will reading, Desmond runs over Locke, Jack gets called out of the will reading, operates on Locke, Locke recovers from that, changes his mind and accepts Jack's offer, has back surgery, Jack finishes surgery, goes to the concert, and everyone meets up for the big love in. All on the same "day" the plane landed.

It reinforces the "there is no now" of the limbo. I really like it.

OR, I've got it really wrong.

Yup, it's as if the finale is just the finale of this season and not the series as a whole.

See, I was the same but it's starting to make some sense

What exactly did everyone want answered?

A forum I visit, this guy summed it up perfectley and made me a believer

But now, like those that came before them, the passengers of 815 have moved on and into history leaving behind a new set of artefacts and mysteries-- a strange crater in the middle of the jungle, a half built church, a graveyard on the beach, an abandoned, semi-destroyed village, and a mysterious lone corpse out in the bamboo. In the grand scheme of things our characters were just passing through. They weren't the first and they won't be the last. Now they fade away and become part of the island's mythology and mysteries themselves.

For those who set foot on it the island could be whatever you wanted it to be--a place of great power, Atlantis, hell, or even a prison. But for our characters it was a place where they could ponder on the fractured lives they once lead and finally let go of their baggage, a place where they could find themselves and ultimately each other.

I didn't really want answers so much as some kind of internal consistancy within the world of the story - of which, unfortunately, there was jack shit. Any writer could churn out a load of half arsed mysteries and then have the protagonists walk into the warm light of Heaven at the end. In fact, I just did so at the same time as writing this post.